Windows 10: remove admin from computer

Discus and support remove admin from computer in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, When my daughter was younger, I put myself as administrator to keep her from downloading stuff she shouldn't be downloading. Now that she is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by MarkLaug, Dec 20, 2020.

1. MarkLaug Win User

remove admin from computer

Hi,

When my daughter was younger, I put myself as administrator to keep her from downloading stuff she shouldn't be downloading. Now that she is older it is getting annoying to have to put in my password every time she does something to her computer. Is there a way to take myself off the computer as administrator so she doesn't need me to enter my password every time? Do I make her the administrator and delete my user? Thank you.

:)

MarkLaug, Dec 20, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Namslas90 Win User
    admin password?

You can reset the Admin Password using Windows XP repair; See Here for step by step.

*Toast :toast:

Namslas90, Dec 20, 2020
  4. remove admin from computer

Cannot access shared network drive

I could scream! so much time wasted on this stupid error, as if time is not precious enough!
    It probably would work fine if I could see the other computer! But I cannot see the other computer!

sharonspost, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

remove admin from computer

1. remove admin from computer - Similar Threads - remove admin computer

2. Removing Admin Account from Laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Admin Account from Laptop: If I use Microsoft Settings to remove my account from a Laptop Device, but I am the administrator on said device, will the user be able to set themselves up as an Admin? I only ask as I have been locked out of my Windows Hello by Organisation Restrictions despite only having...
  3. Removing Admin Account from Laptop

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Removing Admin Account from Laptop: If I use Microsoft Settings to remove my account from a Laptop Device, but I am the administrator on said device, will the user be able to set themselves up as an Admin? I only ask as I have been locked out of my Windows Hello by Organisation Restrictions despite only having...
  4. Removing Admin Account from Laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. How to remove email from admin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove email from admin: Hello,I work in a lab at a university, and I tried to sign into my personal microsoft account on one of the lab computers through excel, so that I could use office. However, now the admin user on the computer uses my personal microsoft account. Thus, anyone can see all my...
  6. How to remove email from admin

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove email from admin: Hello,I work in a lab at a university, and I tried to sign into my personal microsoft account on one of the lab computers through excel, so that I could use office. However, now the admin user on the computer uses my personal microsoft account. Thus, anyone can see all my...
  7. How to remove email from admin

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. REMOVE ADMIN

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    REMOVE ADMIN: Recently I was given a used Dell Windows 10 computer. Unfortunately, the previous owner forgot her password, which makes it hard to download any of my software since permission is needed. Can anyone help me? The setting page does not show Family & Sharing option or an option...
  9. Prevent second admin from removing me as admin.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Prevent second admin from removing me as admin.: I want to make a child family account an admin but I want to prevent him from removing me as admin. Is this possible? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/prevent-second-admin-from-removing-me-as-admin/6a14b25e-adb9-41a9-b806-63a90a2890a1
  10. Removing Admins

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing Admins: I recently noticed new admins and file settings that were not set up by me. I'd like to remove them and just need to know which admin to keep besides myself. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-admins/7b72bbfd-ad6b-483e-8694-bfea58446e51