Windows 10: Remove advertising from lock screen

Discus and support Remove advertising from lock screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I get ads on my lock screen for something called microsoft rewards. Like the following: Like what you see? Who doesn't love free stuff? Earn points... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by asdfuiasdfuio, Sep 6, 2018.

1. asdfuiasdfuio Win User

Remove advertising from lock screen

I get ads on my lock screen for something called microsoft rewards. Like the following:

Like what you see?

Who doesn't love free stuff?

Earn points towards free games

Millions have already joined, you in?

What is this, an advertisement for male enhancement pills? Really tired of getting ads everywhere I look in windows now. Please tell me how to disable all of these.

:)

asdfuiasdfuio, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Patricia Yu Win User

Window Lock Screen advertising

Hi,

To disable unwanted advertisements, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop, and then click on Personalize.
    • Under Personalization, click on Lock screen.
    • Toggle the switch for Get fun facts, tips, tricks, and more on your lock screen to turn it
      Off or On.

Remove advertising from lock screen 4d20cb34-9205-4c58-8e95-8f2bc5b77cfd.png

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Sachin V Rao Win User
    Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10  

Hello superduper, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Yep, step 9 in your post is correct. This won't disable the lock screen at startup though.

If you have Windows Spotlight selected for your lock screen, you could switch to a picture instead to stop that bit of advertising.

In addition, you might like this below as well.

Disable Advertising in Windows 10 - Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

Brink, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove advertising from lock screen - Similar Threads - Remove advertising lock

2. how to remove date and clock from lock screen of Win10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to remove date and clock from lock screen of Win10?: how to remove date and clock from lock screen of Win10? It is too annoy! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_screensave/how-to-remove-date-and-clock-from-lock-screen-of/3db49a8f-b169-47d6-93a6-6d6b51af3cfe
  3. Removing the lock screen when Windows is started

Removing the lock screen when Windows is started: Hi Using Windows 10 v1607, how do I remove the lock screen when Windows is started? Thanks Bye 72539
  4. Removing Edge links from Spotlight lock screen

Removing Edge links from Spotlight lock screen: I am looking for a way to clean up my lock screen so that it only shows the date/time in the bottom left and the feedback section in the top right. I had it this way previously, but since reinstalling Windows I have not been able to get it back. I have 'Get fun facts,...
  5. Is it possible to keep the lock screen but remove the locked password?

Is it possible to keep the lock screen but remove the locked password?: I've got a client who wants to get rid of the lock screen password requirement but keep the lock screen with the time etc. Obviously disabling the password requirement leaves the device vulnerable. I've found plenty of information on how to remove the lock screen or...
  6. Remove Clock from Lock Screen?

Remove Clock from Lock Screen?: Hi everyone, I was wondering if there was a way to remove the Clock and Date from the Lock Screen. I tried the same method used for Windows 8/8.1, but it's not working. 10113
  7. cannot remove second log in option from lock screen

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    cannot remove second log in option from lock screen: Hello, I have a windows 10 laptop and I am the only user. My administrator username is George Michaels. Recently when I start the PC, I get 2 options for user login- George Michaels where I click to enter my password and a second option which is George (without the...
  8. removing lock and security from a locked C: drive

in Windows 10 Support
    removing lock and security from a locked C: drive: Pulled this C drive from my windows 10 computer (which is stuck booting) and have plugged it into the usb on another windows 7 computer want to unlock and remove security so that I can then do a windows repair to the drive and get it booting properly Trying to remove...
  9. How To Remove "Tap and say" From Lock Screen

in Windows 10 Support
    How To Remove "Tap and say" From Lock Screen: Hello, How do I remove the "Tap and say" feature from the Lock Screen? It would be useful on a tablet or something, yet this is my Desktop Computer and prefer the Lock Screen to be very minimal with just wallpaper images, the time & the date. Thanks [img] 60537
  10. Back from Lock Screen is SLOW

in Windows 10 Support
    Back from Lock Screen is SLOW: I've been using Windows 10 for 2 days now since is released. One of the irritating things I've noticed that getting back from Lock screen is slow and I got the rotating loading circle for 5 seconds like I just login to Windows. I use all SSDs and even I'm not, that never...