Windows 10: Remove advertising from lock screen

Discus and support Remove advertising from lock screen in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I get ads on my lock screen for something called microsoft rewards. Like the following: Like what you see? Who doesn't love free stuff? Earn points... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by asdfuiasdfuio, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Remove advertising from lock screen

I get ads on my lock screen for something called microsoft rewards. Like the following:

Like what you see?

Who doesn't love free stuff?

Earn points towards free games

Millions have already joined, you in?

What is this, an advertisement for male enhancement pills? Really tired of getting ads everywhere I look in windows now. Please tell me how to disable all of these.

:)

asdfuiasdfuio, Sep 6, 2018

2. Window Lock Screen advertising

Hi,

To disable unwanted advertisements, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the desktop, and then click on Personalize.
    • Under Personalization, click on Lock screen.
    • Toggle the switch for Get fun facts, tips, tricks, and more on your lock screen to turn it
      Off or On.

Remove advertising from lock screen 4d20cb34-9205-4c58-8e95-8f2bc5b77cfd.png

Let us know how it goes.

Patricia Yu, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Lock screen woes

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

I would suggest you to follow the below steps to try resolving the issue.

Setting the timeout for Lock Screen

• Press Windows + I and select personalization.
    • Select Lock screen.

• Select the Screen Timeout setting.
    • Select the time of timeout you need and check.

Keep us posted if the issue resolves to help you better.

Sachin V Rao, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Remove advertising from lock screen

Enable or Disable Lock Screen in Windows 10  

Hello superduper, and welcome to Ten Forums. *Smile

Yep, step 9 in your post is correct. This won't disable the lock screen at startup though.

If you have Windows Spotlight selected for your lock screen, you could switch to a picture instead to stop that bit of advertising.

In addition, you might like this below as well.

Disable Advertising in Windows 10 - Windows 10 General Tips Tutorials

Brink, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Remove advertising from lock screen

1. Remove advertising from lock screen - Similar Threads - Remove advertising lock

2. Permanently remove and block all X-Box Game Pass advertisements from my lock screen on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Permanently remove and block all X-Box Game Pass advertisements from my lock screen on...: I have two advertisements or promotions or notices about X-Box Game Pass on my lock screen in Windows 11 image attached. I have already disabled X-Box App Services in Startup Apps and restarted my machine multiple times since then. On hover, the only options are "Check it...
  3. Permanently remove and block all X-Box Game Pass advertisements from my lock screen on...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Permanently remove and block all X-Box Game Pass advertisements from my lock screen on...: I have two advertisements or promotions or notices about X-Box Game Pass on my lock screen in Windows 11 image attached. I have already disabled X-Box App Services in Startup Apps and restarted my machine multiple times since then. On hover, the only options are "Check it...
  4. Remove an advertised package

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove an advertised package: I advertised a package using "msiexec /j "install.msi" on Windows 10 machine.Now I am not able to install the advertised package from Add or Remove program.Moreover, I am not able to remove the advertised package.Where do I see the advertised package on Windows 10?How do I...
  5. Remove an advertised package

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove an advertised package: I advertised a package using "msiexec /j "install.msi" on Windows 10 machine.Now I am not able to install the advertised package from Add or Remove program.Moreover, I am not able to remove the advertised package.Where do I see the advertised package on Windows 10?How do I...
  6. Remove Microsoft and all other "Advertising and Suggestions" on Lock screen

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Microsoft and all other "Advertising and Suggestions" on Lock screen: Microsoft's advertising on the Lock Screen is preposterous, I don't want that there ! I know how to turn OFF "Windows Spotlight" but that stops the 'surprise' pictures too. But the picture with its documentation is welcome ! !? Did you notice that when you switch to...
  7. Remove Microsoft and all Advertising and Suggestions on Lock screen

Remove Microsoft and all Advertising and Suggestions on Lock screen: Microsoft's advertising on the Lock Screen is preposterous, I don't want that there ! I know how to stop the ads but that stops the 'surprise' picture too. But the picture with its documentation is welcome ! Please Microsoft stop bullying that in my home !...
  8. Removing Xbox advertisements

Removing Xbox advertisements: I installed AD Blocker Plus but I keep watching annoying Xbox advertisements while a video is being played on MSN. It occurs each time I watch a short clip on MSN in Edge...
  9. Remove Advertising and Suggestions on Lock screen

Remove Advertising and Suggestions on Lock screen: The lock screen offers suggest/links for additional information about the picture shown on the lock screen. How do I turn these off? Also recently Windows now displays ADVERTISING about it Microsoft points, this is unwanted, how do I turn this off. it is annoying,...
  10. How to disable advertisements on Windows lock screen.

How to disable advertisements on Windows lock screen.: Hi I love the screen saver photographs but not the uninspiring/uninspired questions/statements that were later added that now ruin my personal unadulterated experience of just the pure image itself. Is there any way to remove these links to the words and instead have a...