Windows 10: remove all downloads, mail, documents, pictures etc. and return computer to the way it was...

Discus and support remove all downloads, mail, documents, pictures etc. and return computer to the way it was... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; see subject area. I want to remove everything from my computer except for what it came with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by bigax, Dec 14, 2019.

1. bigax Win User

remove all downloads, mail, documents, pictures etc. and return computer to the way it was...

see subject area. I want to remove everything from my computer except for what it came with

:)

bigax, Dec 14, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Downloads folder is the Documents folder

Hi Chris,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Restore to Default the folders and document settings and see if it helps.

Step 1:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Download folder.
    • Right click on the Download Folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.

Step 2:

Please follow below steps and check if it helps.

• Go to Documents folder.
    • Right click on the Document folder and go to Properties.
    • In Properties go to Location tab.
    • In location Tab Click on Restore Default.
    After performing above steps change the settings as you required and check if it helps.

Hope these information helps, please get back to us for future support, we’ll be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Prabhavathi Patil, Dec 14, 2019
  4. remove all downloads, mail, documents, pictures etc. and return computer to the way it was...

Best way to remove problem Malware

Hi There,

I am trying to remove a bundle of Malware without success.

There is a bundle of listed programs which I try to uninstall through the typical Control Panel effort, but they remain listed there:

Buenosearch Toolbar
    MyPC Backup
    PC Performer
    Speed Test 127
    UnknownFile

I was looking at this weblink which provides a 5 step process for Buenosearch alone:
    Remove Bueno Search (Removal Guide)

Not sure how much certain guides can be trusted. One of the first things I read was to download Revo Uninstaller, and I've not heard of it so I'm not sure if it's trustworthy..........

radioraheem, Dec 14, 2019
Thema:

remove all downloads, mail, documents, pictures etc. and return computer to the way it was...

1. remove all downloads, mail, documents, pictures etc. and return computer to the way it was... - Similar Threads - remove downloads mail

2. How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...: Hello, I wanna know how to restore deleted personal folders from shell:UsersFilesFolder & User Folder!I have heard that need recreate the folders or it will be generated again if login again, is it possible?I have Windows 11 since August 16th and I really like it, but I don't...
  3. How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to restore personal folders Downloads, Pictures, Documents etc...: Hello, I wanna know how to restore deleted personal folders from shell:UsersFilesFolder & User Folder!I have heard that need recreate the folders or it will be generated again if login again, is it possible?I have Windows 11 since August 16th and I really like it, but I don't...
  4. Multiple instances of Documents, Pictures, etc. in Libraries - How to remove the "extras"?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Multiple instances of Documents, Pictures, etc. in Libraries - How to remove the "extras"?: This seems to be a weird problem. The screen shot should help. [ATTACH] In File explorer we have a hierarchy of file and folders displayed, as usual. However, for Pictures, Music, and Documents we see duplicate items listed when the expand arrow is clicked. The contents...
  5. Lost music, picture, documents, etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Lost music, picture, documents, etc.: Went to work on my computer, but when I turned it on, I found an error stating I needed a disk to hard boot it! I was able to get to order of start up and got the computer to work, and everything was there 10 days ago. Yesterday, it was gone...everything. All the folders were...
  6. Remove all info from computer that is being returned

Remove all info from computer that is being returned: Hello, Just bought a new HP computer and when I was setting it up all information from my current computer was transferred to my new one without doing anything. I thought ok, no problem. however when I went to register it I was told I had 8 months left on my warranty. I...
  7. ALL my Documents, Downloads, Pictures Disappeared

ALL my Documents, Downloads, Pictures Disappeared: I turned on my laptop and it began a download of Microsoft Edge, which I didn't agree to, nor do I want. If that isn't bad enough, ALL my Documents, Downloads, and Pictures are gone. I've spent 2 hours searching, and they are nowhere. I can't even restore to an earlier...
  8. Returning photos in pictures and documents to default setting ratio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Returning photos in pictures and documents to default setting ratio: Please tell me how to return my picture ratios to the default setting. Somehow all my photos are noticeably stretched up and downwards. Also, My Windows 10 is ridiculously slow. Can anyone recommend a better Windows to use that is free to download please?...
  9. sync icon overlay on documents, pictures etc

in Windows 10 Customization
    sync icon overlay on documents, pictures etc: Hi I have the latest october build on my PC brand new install. In one drive I have told it not to sync desktop/documents However my documents/desktop/picture folder all have a little sync icon on, and every file within them does as well. I have checked under 'show...
  10. All user libraries are empty after a microsoft update - Documents, pictures downloads etc...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All user libraries are empty after a microsoft update - Documents, pictures downloads etc...: My wife today went to use her PC and all her user files are gone. Looks like a windows 10 update is the cause. Appears that the apps are o'k . Can still access the internet . Using Windows 10. This is a disaster. I think the data is still someplace on the on the PC....