Windows 10: Remove all groups from start menu

Discus and support Remove all groups from start menu in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have limited space on my start menu and would like to take up all of it with icons. I do not need nor want to group the icons and create blank space... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RonZimmerman, Aug 19, 2016.

1. Remove all groups from start menu

I have limited space on my start menu and would like to take up all of it with icons. I do not need nor want to group the icons and create blank space between them. I want to use that space. But it seems impossible to have no groups or just one. Whenever I try to get all the icons next to each other , Windows forces a blank vertical space, and a new group. How can I prevent this?

:)

RonZimmerman, Aug 19, 2016
  2. KeithJ221 Win User

How do I remove the headings from the right hand tile area in Windows 10 start menu?

Because they are saying you can't remove "group" bar from Start, I unpinned all tiles and the whole tile menu disappeared.

KeithJ221, Aug 19, 2016
  3. DanzIZme Win User
    How to uninstall Built in apps

I don't think the current method that is marked as an answer is the correct way to uninstall a pre-installed app unless you are only removing it from the user account and not the entire OS.

Uninstalling

Must have missed that you are using home edition.

I haven't tested this, but if you grab an app from the start menu and drop it on the desktop then right click it you can click uninstall. If you try it or anyone else does let me know if it removes the entire app and frees up disk space.

The correct way to remove them unless there was a change I am not aware of

Using Remove-AppxPackage will remove the app for the user but it won't remove provisioned apps built into the OS unless the only copy lives in the user account.

To remove provisioned apps that are installed on each user account when a new one is created you need to use remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -PackageName where you would replace the PackageName with the package to be removed which you can get using the Get-AppxPackage
    command.

App remove programs inside all programs

If you want to organize the start menu you can change the apps that appear in the all apps section by adding or removing shortcuts here C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs

Cleaning up start menu all apps

Create a folder in C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs and name it whatever you want. You can group them into folders if you want a slimmer menu or to organize them into a more logical way you.

Customizing the shortcuts in the start menu

• Right click the item in the right hand side of the start menu. From there you can
    • resize them
    • remove or unpin
    • Drag and drop them to a different menu group or create a new group
    • If you want to move an entire group you can grab the title and move it up or down or side to side if you have expanded the menu size.
    • Click on the title bar and rename it or add a name to a new group you create

If you want a large menu you can grab the top or side of the start menu and resize it like you would any other window.

DanzIZme, Aug 19, 2016
  4. Remove all groups from start menu

Hello, is there anybody home?

RonZimmerman, Aug 27, 2016
  5. Edwin New Member
    Hi Ron,

I think, if you don't want separation between groups, you'll have to make one very long scrolling group.

Edwin, Aug 27, 2016
  6. Yes, but I want one wide page with all my tiles so I don't have to scroll. I want to see them all at once and I don't have any need to categorize them with name groups that just waste space.

RonZimmerman, Aug 27, 2016
  7. SonicBlue Win User
    Why not install ClassicShell and be done with the Tile thing. Note in the screenshot that it separates the Windows Apps from Programs. You can still use the 10 menu at the same time.

Remove all groups from start menu [​IMG]

SonicBlue, Aug 28, 2016
  8. Remove all groups from start menu

That might work. This was on Classic shells web page. That's a bit scary.

Earlier today the download mirror for Classic Shell version 4.3.0 got hacked by some hackers calling themselves Peggle Crew. They managed to replace the installer file with a trojan that when launched, corrupts the MBR (Master Boot Record) of the PC. This renders the computer unbootable.

As soon as the hack was detected, the download link on the main site http://www.classicshell.net was fixed to link to a clean file. Classic Shell is now safe to download.

RonZimmerman, Aug 28, 2016
  9. SonicBlue Win User
    Wow that is interesting. It is a shame that some ppl can be so malicious. I am a big fan of classicshell.

SonicBlue, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Remove all groups from start menu

1. Remove all groups from start menu - Similar Threads - Remove groups start

2. How to remove Name Group fields from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove Name Group fields from Start Menu: I recently decided to expand the number of columns in my start menu from the default four, but when moving tiles to the new blank right side, I find that there are fields that block the tiles from being exactly where I want to place them. When I click on these fields, the...
  3. "Show all apps by default" removed from start menu?

"Show all apps by default" removed from start menu?: When you open the start menu, the field on the left SHOULD be an expanded list of all programs. However, following the latest update, that function is removed. From now on, the "All Apps" section is always collapsed. The option "Show apps list in start menu" has been...
  4. Start Menu Groups

Start Menu Groups: I want to change the squares that are included in the groups on my start menu, but it says they are locked. How do I unlock them? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/start-menu-groups/43f34af2-1a68-40ea-ad4c-82f2256d3e21
  5. Is it possible to remove the "Name Group" bar in Start menu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is it possible to remove the "Name Group" bar in Start menu?: The gap is kinda ugly. Anyone can help me with this? https://i.imgur.com/WEnN2Ds.png submitted by /u/yuze_ [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/e0iqvy/is_it_possible_to_remove_the_name_group_bar_in/
  6. Removing dead icons from Start menu All Apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing dead icons from Start menu All Apps: After disabling and uninstalling Cortana, Edge and others as well as Search I ended up with 2 dead icons in the All apps menu one for Search and one for Edge. When I drag the Search icon to the desktop it's named as:...
  7. How Delete a Group From Start Menu

in Windows 10 Support
    How Delete a Group From Start Menu: I somehow created a Group in the Start Menu and now I want to get rid of it. It is located at the top of the Start Menu. [img] How can it be deleted? Rt-Clicking it doesn't bring up anything. 82935
  8. How to remove group dividers in Start menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove group dividers in Start menu?: Can't really find any info on this. Is it possible to not have group dividers when reorganizing tiles? Every time I try a different setup, a bar pops up and spaces my tiles differently than what I want. 48303
  9. Add or Remove User Program Groups from Start Menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove User Program Groups from Start Menu in Windows: How to: Add or Remove User Program Groups from Start Menu in Windows How to Add or Remove User Program Groups from Start Menu in Windows The Start Menu will show shortcuts of all programs (apps) listed in All Programs (Windows 7) and All Apps (Windows 10). The Start...
  10. Add or Remove Common Program Groups from Start Menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Common Program Groups from Start Menu in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Common Program Groups from Start Menu in Windows How to Add or Remove Common Program Groups from Start Menu in Windows The Start Menu will show shortcuts of all programs (apps) listed in All Programs (Windows 7), Apps screen (Windows 8), and All Apps...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove groups from start menu windows hp spectre

2. remove start menu groups

3. windows 10 remove groups start menue

4. start menu remove groups,
  5. remove groups from start,
  6. start menu delete groups,
  7. remove groups from start menu