Windows 10: Remove all onedrive files from recent files showing in File Explorer

Discus and support Remove all onedrive files from recent files showing in File Explorer in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I can remove any file from recent files showing in File Explorer except for any onedrive files. If I right click on the file and select remove from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by KeepPushing, Apr 1, 2023.

1. Remove all onedrive files from recent files showing in File Explorer

I can remove any file from recent files showing in File Explorer except for any onedrive files. If I right click on the file and select remove from recent, nothing happens. How do I remove all onedrive files from recent files showing in File Explorer?

:)

KeepPushing, Apr 1, 2023
  2. slozomby Win User

Recent File List

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file1

Remove-ItemProperty -Path "Registry::HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file2
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file3
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file4
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file5
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file6
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file7
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file8
    \Applets\Paint\Recent File List" -name file9

you get the idea. ( too lazy to put it in a for loop and test it.

or just open regedit and remove all the fileX from that key.

slozomby, Apr 1, 2023
  3. eidairaman1, Apr 1, 2023
  4. corrywd Win User

Remove all onedrive files from recent files showing in File Explorer

Cannot Remove File From File Explorers Recent Files List

I'm using Windows 10 and have always been able to remove files from the file explorer's recent files list. The file is listed as FileProvider and it is located in the ThisPC/downloads directory. Any other file is readily deleted from the list by the usual
    procedure. This file is not. Any suggestions?

THANKS

corrywd, Apr 1, 2023
Thema:

Remove all onedrive files from recent files showing in File Explorer

1. Remove all onedrive files from recent files showing in File Explorer - Similar Threads - Remove onedrive files

2. Remove all onedrive files from recent files showing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove all onedrive files from recent files showing in File Explorer: I can remove any file from recent files showing in File Explorer except for any onedrive files. If I right click on the file and select remove from recent, nothing happens. How do I remove all onedrive files from recent files showing in File Explorer?...
  3. how do I remove onedrive files from file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do I remove onedrive files from file explorer: I purchased a new pc and laptop with win 11 on it I'm about ready to switch back to win 10. In win Win11 all the files and folders for on the onedrive are showing in file explorer listings...
  4. how do I remove onedrive files from file explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how do I remove onedrive files from file explorer: I purchased a new pc and laptop with win 11 on it I'm about ready to switch back to win 10. In win Win11 all the files and folders for on the onedrive are showing in file explorer listings...
  5. Onedrive Personal vault files open from explorer's recent files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Onedrive Personal vault files open from explorer's recent files: I have recently noticed that recently opend files from the onedrive personal vault can be opened from explorer recent files, despite the vault being locked. I my opinion that does not seem like a secure functionality Any explanation?...
  6. How to show all files in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    How to show all files in File Explorer: I reset Windows and now my SVG files are missing in File Explorer. How do I fix this without trawling through loads of out of date help on the Internet? 174408
  7. Remove OneDrive from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove OneDrive from File Explorer: I had to reinstall Windows 10 recently. While I was copying my files to C:\users\[MyName] I discovered that Microsoft pushed the OneDrive service and linked automatically, messing everything with the 5GB limit. I unlinked OneDrive and later uninstalled from Windows. The...
  8. File Explorer will not show "recent files"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    File Explorer will not show "recent files": I have had this problem: that File Explorer will not show "recent files" on Windows 10 for a long time. I have Googled and searched for answers on here and elsewhere and cannot find a solution. I know it's supposed to show these files. How can I fix this?...
  9. File Explorer isn't showing recent files

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    File Explorer isn't showing recent files: My new laptop has Windows10 pre-installed. It crashed and file explorer won't now show recent files. It seems to be showing recent folders but there are no recent files. Settings/personalisation/start shows "recently opened files" is turned "on" and File Explorer is showing...
  10. File Explorer and Recent Files

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer and Recent Files: At work, I'll open files on a network path that is only accessible at work, e.g. \\mywork.org\shares\file.xyz These files will appear in my recent list when opening File Explorer (Win+E). The problem I have is at home where that network path is not accessible, and the...