Windows 10: Remove all Start menu icons in Windows 10

Discus and support Remove all Start menu icons in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm trying to remove EVERY application from the Start menu in Windows 10 and seem unable to do so. I've edited Group Policies, created a start layout... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ACCavallo, Sep 19, 2018.

1. ACCavallo Win User

Remove all Start menu icons in Windows 10

I'm trying to remove EVERY application from the Start menu in Windows 10 and seem unable to do so. I've edited Group Policies, created a start layout .xml, went into the start folder and deleted subfolders/applications, and modified the Personalization settings to where everything was off for the Start menu. There are five left that just won't go away, and a lot of people (posts from 2017) believe that Microsoft won't allow these items to be removed from the Start menu at all. They are: Connect, Contact Support, Cortana, Microsoft Edge, and Settings (see picture). I'm trying to create a completely blank Start menu that users will not be able to modify in any way. They'll be left with the Power button and Current User icon. Is there a way to remove these applications and links without uninstalling them?

Remove all Start menu icons in Windows 10 cb4cfe41-8c7a-4e86-a045-5f4bf56ce40e?upload=true.png

:)

ACCavallo, Sep 19, 2018
  2. Darknova Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Sep 19, 2018
  3. psyko12 Win User

@oil: That's what I did, but unfortunately it's different, it should be like "Internet" and should have the icon of FireFox.

So.. Remove the icon via Start menu properties, uninstall FF (again) and install?

psyko12, Sep 19, 2018
  4. Remove all Start menu icons in Windows 10

Try removing that icon from the start menu, going to profram file folder for firefox, and doing "pin 2 start menu".

oli_ramsay, Sep 19, 2018
Thema:

Remove all Start menu icons in Windows 10

1. Remove all Start menu icons in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remove Start menu

2. start menu icons are all blank

in Windows 10 Customization
    start menu icons are all blank: I have my start menu open however all icons are blank with only names on it. You will be able to open apps in start menu however the icons is all like folders and no certain picture....
  3. start menu icons are all blank

in Windows 10 Gaming
    start menu icons are all blank: I have my start menu open however all icons are blank with only names on it. You will be able to open apps in start menu however the icons is all like folders and no certain picture....
  4. start menu icons are all blank

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Remove Border Across Windows 10 Icons on Start Menu

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove Border Across Windows 10 Icons on Start Menu: [ATTACH] Kindly excuse me if the question is not very clear, I am a bit new to this. The last most related question was asked over 3 years ago; so I believe a fix is found by now. Is it possible to remove the glass-like borders which appear in the start menu? By making...
  6. windows 10 remove all apps from the start menu

windows 10 remove all apps from the start menu: Hi I upgraded to Windows 10 Home version 20H2 and I cannot find away to remove the All Apps Icon from the start menu for a specific user. I turned off "Show App list in start menu" but I can't find away to remove the All Apps Icon. Please advise. Regards, Ray See the...
  7. Change/remove/rename start menu Icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change/remove/rename start menu Icons?: Hey all I'm intrigued by the new start menu's look. However, it's still severely limited in options. Is there a tool or a hack to remove start menu items such as folders, cortana, people, etc. that do not have an uninstall option? Google gives me nothing but standard stuff...
  8. Remove duplicate icons from start menu windows 10.

Remove duplicate icons from start menu windows 10.: After uninstalling and reinstalling office programs due to them always opening on the very far right if my screen in a super small window and never in a full window, I am now faced with this issue of having duplicate icons on my start up menu. [ATTACH] The top icon of...
  9. Windows 10 - Start Menu Icons

Windows 10 - Start Menu Icons: I've made custom icons, they will pin to the start menu but I can only size to medium and small. What do I need to do to so they can resize to LARGE?...
  10. Removing dead icons from Start menu All Apps

Removing dead icons from Start menu All Apps: After disabling and uninstalling Cortana, Edge and others as well as Search I ended up with 2 dead icons in the All apps menu one for Search and one for Edge. When I drag the Search icon to the desktop it's named as:...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove phone icon from start menu

2. how to remove all icons from start menu at once

3. delete all icons in start menu at once

4. remove all users start menu icons,
  5. removing icons from the start menu win 10,
  6. delete all start menu icons