Windows 10: Remove AMD Catalyst from Windows desktop right-click menu

Discus and support Remove AMD Catalyst from Windows desktop right-click menu in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; If you have ever installed an AMD graphics card and then install the AMD Radeon Software you may see a new context menu option added by AMD drivers. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by cgrim1985, Jul 16, 2021.

1. cgrim1985 Win User

Remove AMD Catalyst from Windows desktop right-click menu

If you have ever installed an AMD graphics card and then install the AMD Radeon Software you may see a new context menu option added by AMD drivers. I hated to see a new context menu option added by AMD drivers as it looks just plain ugly with its red icon and its too-wide appearance, but it is easy to remove it and I will show you how. In case you dont know what Im talking about Step 1: Open the Registry editor by searching for registry editor in the search box or by pressing Windows key + R and type regedit and press enter. Step 2: Navigate to KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE Step 3: Right click on the key ACE.and select delete and that's it! Alternatively, you can download these registry files run them to disable or enable back the ATI option.

:)

cgrim1985, Jul 16, 2021
  2. Naki Win User

Feature suggestion: Add right-click menu

Suggestion: Please add a Windows 7 Jump-List and/or right-click menu to the GPU-Z icon in the Windows taskbar. Possible menus in it would be "Exit" and "About GPU-Z...".
    Maybe also "Switch to tab 1/Switch to tab 2/Switch to videocard 1/Switch to videocard 2" too.
    Examples of programs that have such menus are ICQ, Skype, AIM.

NOTE: It seems for a right-click menu, Windows 7 is not needed - it works on WinXP and Vista too.
    But even a Windows 7 Jump-list may be good enough.
    What do you think?

3. cgrim1985 Win User
    Why is AMD Radeon in my desktop context menu ?

If you want to remove AMD Radeon from the context menu by following the instructions found here. I have done it and it works, but when you update the Radeon software it will reappear on the context menu so you will have the instuctionsagain to remove it.

cgrim1985, Jul 16, 2021
  4. Remove AMD Catalyst from Windows desktop right-click menu

Question about amd catalyst control center

Also, if I go to my Start Menu > All Apps there is a listing for AMD Catalyst Control Center.

alphanumeric, Jul 16, 2021
Thema:

Remove AMD Catalyst from Windows desktop right-click menu

1. Remove AMD Catalyst from Windows desktop right-click menu - Similar Threads - Remove AMD Catalyst

2. Amd catalyst control

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Amd catalyst control: AMD Catalyst control center. I tried to delete this using Control Center but it will not respond when I select delete in Windows 10. What do I need to do to delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-catalyst-control/228c0f19-2b5f-41ac-a12f-a9280088258c
  3. Amd catalyst control

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Amd catalyst control: AMD Catalyst control center. I tried to delete this using Control Center but it will not respond when I select delete in Windows 10. What do I need to do to delete it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/amd-catalyst-control/228c0f19-2b5f-41ac-a12f-a9280088258c
  4. Amd catalyst control

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. instruction - removing Macrium from right click menu

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    instruction - removing Macrium from right click menu: Hi. New W10 and Reflect 7 free user. Since installation I have been searching for ways to remove the Macrium Reflect context entry. There is no such setting in the program which made me contact support who gave the following instruction: From elevated command prompt type...
  6. AMD Catalyst Manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    AMD Catalyst Manager: WHERE does this come from? I did NOT install; did it come from Micro Soft when I changed over to Microsoft 10? My personal settings require Micro soft to have auto updates (which it does) Seems like there's nothing but problems ever since this appeared...
  7. Removing Selections From Right Click Menu

Removing Selections From Right Click Menu: I see people wanting to add stuff to the right click, I'd like to remove some stuff. When you pop up the right click menu, for some folders it's HUGE, and it makes it difficult to find the stuff you'd actually want to use. pintostartscreen - I'd like this gone from the...
  8. Remove "Cast to Device" from Right Click Menu

Remove "Cast to Device" from Right Click Menu: Hello, I'm in the process of clearing up my right click menus after installing Windows 10. I found guides for all menu items I wanted to get rid of here on TenForums (Yay!), but I can't find a guide on how to remove the "Cast to Device" item. Is there a way to remove it...
  9. AMD Catalyst and Windows Store

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    AMD Catalyst and Windows Store: Hmmm. It seems when I have AMD Dual-Graphics turned on, the Windows Store and other various parts of the operating system doesn't work. The store will just sit there for a few minutes with the swirling dots on the app properties screen and then crash. Likewise, when...
  10. Remove this Menu from Desktop on double click

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove this Menu from Desktop on double click: Thank you ! This was a perfect solution. *Thumbs

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Pc app amd catalyst