Windows 10: Remove an 'Account used by other apps' on Windows 10

Discus and support Remove an 'Account used by other apps' on Windows 10 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; On Windows 10, under 'Email & app accounts' - 'Accounts used by other apps' I have a 'Work or school account' listed that I would like to remove.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by JKer94, Jan 24, 2022.

1. JKer94 Win User

Remove an 'Account used by other apps' on Windows 10

On Windows 10, under 'Email & app accounts' - 'Accounts used by other apps' I have a 'Work or school account' listed that I would like to remove. However, there is no option to remove this account.Please provide details on how to fix this.

:)

JKer94, Jan 24, 2022
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jan 24, 2022
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

As you may already know, Windows 10 (as well as Windows 8) allow you to log in with a valid Microsoft account, instead of creating a local account that only works on your machine. However, you may prefer to keep a local account for privacy reasons. If you do, though, some Windows 10 features—like Cortana—may not work. Despite the default behavior, the Windows 10 Store is not one of them. You can still log in to your Microsoft account for just the Store without switching to a full Microsoft account. The process, however, is not terribly obvious. To do so, follow these steps:

• Launch the Store from your Start menu.
    • Click the user icon next to the search box.
    • Click “Sign-in” from the menu that appears.
    • Choose “Microsoft account” and log in like normal.
    • When the “Make it yours” box appears do not enter your password. Instead, click “Sign in to just this app instead.”
    from Lifehacker

Ahhzz, Jan 24, 2022
  4. 95Viper Win User

95Viper, Jan 24, 2022
Thema:

1. Remove an 'Account used by other apps' on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remove 'Account used

2. Can't remove accounts used by other apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove accounts used by other apps: For this problem this is a solution Add and Remove Microsoft, Work, or School Accounts used to sign in by other apps in Windows 11 Tutorial Windows 11 Forum elevenforum.com...
  3. Can't remove accounts used by other apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove accounts used by other apps: For this problem this is a solution Add and Remove Microsoft, Work, or School Accounts used to sign in by other apps in Windows 11 Tutorial Windows 11 Forum elevenforum.com...
  4. Can't remove an Account used by other apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove an Account used by other apps: Multiple times a day I get a pop up in the middle of my screen saying that I need to sign into my workplace or school account. The email doesn't exist, the school has shut the servers down for that email address, even if the servers where up I have no clue what the password...
  5. Remove an 'Account used by other apps' on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove an 'Account used by other apps' on Windows 10: On Windows 10, under 'Email & app accounts' - 'Accounts used by other apps' I have a 'Work or school account' listed that I would like to remove. However, there is no option to remove this account.Please provide details on how to fix this....
  6. Remove an 'Account used by other apps' on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove an 'Account used by other apps' on Windows 10: On Windows 10, under 'Email & app accounts' - 'Accounts used by other apps' I have a 'Work or school account' listed that I would like to remove. However, there is no option to remove this account.Please provide details on how to fix this....
  7. Removing account used by other apps.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing account used by other apps.: I am trying to remove an old work account from my personal PC. I no longer work where I used to and cannot log into that account. How to I remove the account?...
  8. Remove Microsoft Account in Accounts used by other apps

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Microsoft Account in Accounts used by other apps: I've accidently associated another Microsoft Account to my Local Administrator user account on Windows 10 and it doesn't let me remove it. There's no Remove button and I don't understand the reason. I go to Change Account Settings > Email & Accounts > Account used by other...
  9. Need to remove an account in "Accounts used by other apps"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Need to remove an account in "Accounts used by other apps": I still have an inactive (deleted) account that I need to get rid of in Window10. "10" occasionally wants me to log into it and then tells me the account doesn't exist. It doesn't and I want to delete it from Windows 10...
  10. Add and Remove Accounts used by other apps in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add and Remove Accounts used by other apps in Windows 10: How to: Add and Remove Accounts used by other apps in Windows 10 How to Add and Remove Accounts used by other apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 makes it easy to add the accounts you use for your apps in one place in Settings > Accounts > Email & accounts so you can sign in...