Windows 10: Remove an old email account.

Discus and support Remove an old email account. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have recently changed the email account with which I log in to Microsoft. However, I am now getting regular notifications stating "We need to fix... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by RichardHare2, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Remove an old email account.

I have recently changed the email account with which I log in to Microsoft. However, I am now getting regular notifications stating

"We need to fix your Microsoft account (your password has probably been changed). Select here to fix it in the Shared experience setting"

When I select it I am prompted to log in using my old email address.

How do I stop these notifications?

:)

RichardHare2, Nov 5, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 5, 2019
  3. newtekie1 Win User
    Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, Nov 5, 2019
  4. Remove an old email account.

Problem removing email account from calender

Hi,

Follow these steps and check :

• Double click on the email account that you wish to remove.
    • A pop-up is displayed, at the bottom you can find the Option "Remove Account"

Let us know if this helped.

Vinod Archak, Nov 5, 2019
Thema:

Remove an old email account.

1. Remove an old email account. - Similar Threads - Remove old email

2. How to remove old work Microsoft email account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove old work Microsoft email account?: Hello,I recently got a new job, and the work email of my previous job has been deleted I can no longer log into it. But, it still shows up on my personal laptop and keep getting error notifications. I want to remove it, but there is no remove option. Just "manage." See the...
  3. How to remove old work Microsoft email account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove old work Microsoft email account?: Hello,I recently got a new job, and the work email of my previous job has been deleted I can no longer log into it. But, it still shows up on my personal laptop and keep getting error notifications. I want to remove it, but there is no remove option. Just "manage." See the...
  4. An old email account

in Windows 10 Customization
    An old email account: How do I get my computer tp stop searching for an email account that is so old that have no information about it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/an-old-email-account/54c5ce24-2cbd-4660-a222-868b7144bd7d
  5. Old Email Account

Old Email Account: I have an old email that I am unable to get into anymore. How do I remove it from my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-account/fa01e24d-40f8-4cba-af9f-26313cd5122a
  6. Old email not removed even after deleting the account

Old email not removed even after deleting the account: I want to download itunes to my Acer laptop with Windows 10updated to latest version Windows security opens with a window with admininstrative account with an email which is old and i have deleted. It doesnt accept the password i have entered. I cant progress further and...
  7. old email account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    old email account: I have an old email account yahoo on my old computer, how do I get yahoo on my new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/old-email-account/03deee82-172d-4ac0-8bd7-1160a9e26c42
  8. REMOVE OLD EMAIL ACCOUNT WITH MICROSOFT

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    REMOVE OLD EMAIL ACCOUNT WITH MICROSOFT: I have been trying to remove my old email account with Microsoft and am unable to do so. It is being used for fraudulent purchases and causing me a lot of issues. This old email was supposed to be disabled in Dec 2019; however it is still active. I have a gmail address...
  9. Remove old email address from Microsoft Account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove old email address from Microsoft Account: Hi, I have an issue with my Microsoft Account, where despite removing my old email address from my account, on some logins on the Microsoft website it still prompts me to receive an confirmation email on my old address, which I no longer use, but I know the password and can...
  10. old email removal

old email removal: Is there an effective procedure to remove old email msgs; i.e., batch method . Windows 10??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/old-email-removal/1fb76276-9094-4a83-81f0-d89149ff952b