Windows 10: Remove an unknown PIN set by a former employee

Discus and support Remove an unknown PIN set by a former employee in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; A former employee resigned without removing or leaving a list of account passwords as we had requested. Today, the office computer did an automatic... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Marla4, Dec 11, 2021.

1. Marla4 Win User

Remove an unknown PIN set by a former employee

A former employee resigned without removing or leaving a list of account passwords as we had requested. Today, the office computer did an automatic update. When it restarted, it required a PIN to log in, with the former employee’s personal mobile phone set to get the recovery code. Now we cannot get past the PIN to open Windows. Is there a workaround?

:)

Marla4, Dec 11, 2021

2. Remove sign in pin

Hi Joel,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the sign in pin/password options.

• In the search box type sign-in-option.
    • Click on the sign-in-option.
    • Then you can find password/pin/picture password.
    • There you can remove the option and check.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 11, 2021
  3. PIN at start up

Hi Scott,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I suggest you to follow the below steps how to Change PIN password:

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then Click on accounts.
    • Then on the left hand side click on sign in options.
    • Then you can Select Change PIN password and remove the pin.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Dec 11, 2021
  4. JayPhi Win User

Clear "Pin suggested" list in People Bar

Does anybody know how to clear the "Pin suggested" list on the "People bar"?

Contacts are added to the "Pin suggested" list once you've pinned and unpinned them. But there seems to be no obvious way to remove them from that list.

After playing around with this feature and pinning and unpinning many dummy contacts, it's rather annoying to see them in the "Pin suggested" list when you click on the "My People" icon in the taskbar.

JayPhi, Dec 11, 2021
Thema:

1. Remove an unknown PIN set by a former employee - Similar Threads - Remove unknown PIN

2. Setting up an employee's computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Setting up an employee's computer: I am trying to set up a new laptop which has Windows 11 for a new employee. I don't want to use my or their personal Microsoft account but I cannot set it up with a work account as the primary account. How can I register this as an organization computer with an employee as...
  3. Setting up an employee's computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Setting up an employee's computer: I am trying to set up a new laptop which has Windows 11 for a new employee. I don't want to use my or their personal Microsoft account but I cannot set it up with a work account as the primary account. How can I register this as an organization computer with an employee as...
  4. Former Employee Accounts filling up HDD?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Former Employee Accounts filling up HDD?: Please Help.Many of out computers only have 120GB SSD and that should be plenty because the users don't create a lot of data. But what I'm noticing is after about 2 years of turnover the user accounts number over 100 and use about 60 to 70 GB of the drive.It mainly looks like...
  5. Former Employee Accounts filling up HDD?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Former Employee Accounts filling up HDD?: Please Help.Many of out computers only have 120GB SSD and that should be plenty because the users don't create a lot of data. But what I'm noticing is after about 2 years of turnover the user accounts number over 100 and use about 60 to 70 GB of the drive.It mainly looks like...
  6. Former Employee Accounts filling up HDD?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Remove an unknown PIN set by a former employee

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Remove an unknown PIN set by a former employee: A former employee resigned without removing or leaving a list of account passwords as we had requested. Today, the office computer did an automatic update. When it restarted, it required a PIN to log in, with the former employee’s personal mobile phone set to get the...
  8. Remove an unknown PIN set by a former employee

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove an unknown PIN set by a former employee: A former employee resigned without removing or leaving a list of account passwords as we had requested. Today, the office computer did an automatic update. When it restarted, it required a PIN to log in, with the former employee’s personal mobile phone set to get the...
  9. Unknown PIN

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unknown PIN: I have a brand new computer, I can sign in using Microsoft account info but I don't want to as this is a company computer, not my personal one. So would like to set up a local account but it won't let me, apparently. It claims I have a PIN set up already but I am not aware of...
  10. Former Microsoft Employee explains why bugs in Windows updates increased

in Windows 10 News
    Former Microsoft Employee explains why bugs in Windows updates increased: Has the number of bugs in Windows updates increased in the past couple of years? If so, what is the reason for the increase in bugs? That's the question that former Microsoft Senior SDET Jerry Berg, better known as Barnacules, answered in a recent video. Berg worked for 15...