Windows 10: Remove and extension

Discus and support Remove and extension in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I want to remove an extension from my computer. I use the Chrome browser but the extension has decide it is my default online searcher. How do I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NEPS2019, May 11, 2019.

1. NEPS2019 Win User

Remove and extension

I want to remove an extension from my computer. I use the Chrome browser but the extension has decide it is my default online searcher. How do I get rid of it?

:)

NEPS2019, May 11, 2019

2. Cannot install Edge extension Translator

Hi,

I realize the inconvenience you are experiencing with installing Edge extension translator. I will certainly help you with the issue.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below and check if that helps:

• Open Powershell as admin.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage *pocket* | Remove-AppxPackage" without the quotes this will unsintall pocket. You can try skipping step 3.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" without the quotes.

this will reinstall all stock apps including the Windows Store
    • Now you should be able to install Pocket through the Windows Store.

Note: Replace *pocket* in step 2 with *extensionname* (example: pocket extension).

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, May 11, 2019
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, May 11, 2019
  4. Remove and extension

Cannot install extensions in Edge

Hello,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate your time.

I would suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Open Powershell as admin.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage *pocket* | Remove-AppxPackage" without the quotes this will unsintall pocket. You can try skipping step 3.
    • Type: "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}" without the quotes.

this will reinstall all stock apps including the Windows Store
    • Now you should be able to install Pocket through the Windows Store.
    Note: Replace *pocket* in step 2 with *extensionname* (example: pocket extension).

Hope this information helps.

Please get back to us with an update on the issue, we will be happy to help.

Ankit Rajput, May 11, 2019
Thema:

Remove and extension

1. Remove and extension - Similar Threads - Remove extension

2. How to removed installed HEIF extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to removed installed HEIF extension: I installed HEIF extension on my PC hoping it would view HEIC images but it does not work.I tried going into Settings> Apps> Apps & features but UNINSTALL is grey out and TERMINATE does not work.I checked the community for a solution and it seems that I need a 3rd party app...
  3. How to removed installed HEIF extension

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to removed installed HEIF extension: I installed HEIF extension on my PC hoping it would view HEIC images but it does not work.I tried going into Settings> Apps> Apps & features but UNINSTALL is grey out and TERMINATE does not work.I checked the community for a solution and it seems that I need a 3rd party app...
  4. How to removed installed HEIF extension

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  5. Can’t remove or uninstall Extensions in Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 News
    Can’t remove or uninstall Extensions in Microsoft Edge: [IMG]Some users have reported that they can’t remove or uninstall extensions in their Microsoft Edge browser on Windows 11/10. While some users found a suspicious “Apps” name extension that is added in the browser without their knowledge, which they can’t remove, others found...
  6. how to clean or remove GAQQ and MIQE file extension

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to clean or remove GAQQ and MIQE file extension: how to clean or remove GAQQ file extension and MIQE file extension please guide me my all data infected in one drive and on google drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clean-or-remove-gaqq-and-miqe-file/467ad1cc-dd77-4f7a-82a1-7be80f220309
  7. how to clean or remove GAQQ and MIQE file extension

how to clean or remove GAQQ and MIQE file extension: how to clean or remove GAQQ file extension and MIQE file extension please guide me my all data infected in one drive and on google drive https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-clean-or-remove-gaqq-and-miqe-file/467ad1cc-dd77-4f7a-82a1-7be80f220309
  8. .msi extension "Window Installer Package" Can they be removed or not

.msi extension "Window Installer Package" Can they be removed or not: I need to cleanup disk space and these are large files.Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msi-extension-window-installer-package-can-they-be/c62f72c6-b5e2-4346-91d9-a8fcaad4c314
  9. .msi extension "Window Installer Package" Can they be removed or not

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .msi extension "Window Installer Package" Can they be removed or not: I need to cleanup disk space and these are large files.Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msi-extension-window-installer-package-can-they-be/c62f72c6-b5e2-4346-91d9-a8fcaad4c314
  10. .msi extension "Window Installer Package" Can they be removed or not

in Windows 10 Gaming