Windows 10: Remove and Replace User Name/Sign-in on Laptop

Discus and support Remove and Replace User Name/Sign-in on Laptop in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; Merry Christmas, I bought a new laptop as a gift for my dad. Initially I used my MS login info to get the computer ready. My father doesnt have the... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AndrewSmeltz, Dec 24, 2018.

1. Remove and Replace User Name/Sign-in on Laptop

Merry Christmas,

I bought a new laptop as a gift for my dad. Initially I used my MS login info to get the computer ready. My father doesnt have the computer knowledge to do so.

Now I need to remove my login data and replace it with his. Can anyone please help me figure out the easiest way to do this?

Thank you very much for your time.

:)

AndrewSmeltz, Dec 24, 2018
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Dec 24, 2018
  3. Sign on screen User Name is wrong

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern. Let me help you to fix the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us more information.

• How many user account do you have on your system?
    • Are you able to log-in to the system?
    Meanwhile, let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and check if this helps. I suggest you to remove the username from Credential Manager and check.

• Type credential Manager on the Windows search bar and select Credential Manager.
    • Now try removing the user name and password by clicking on the credential.
    Hope this helps. Let us know the result.

Billion Debbarma, Dec 24, 2018
  4. Brink Win User

Remove and Replace User Name/Sign-in on Laptop

Account name user name

Ok, let's review.
    • Your Microsoft account aliases do not have the len address listed.
    • Your Microsoft account name online is correct.
    • You have a local account on the PC with the len address shown under "Your info".

I'm pretty sure you are signed in to an app with the len address, and is why you are seeing this.

As a test, click on the "Stop signing in to all Microsoft apps automatically" link below to see if that may remove it.

Remove and Replace User Name/Sign-in on Laptop [​IMG]

Brink, Dec 24, 2018
Thema:

Remove and Replace User Name/Sign-in on Laptop

1. Remove and Replace User Name/Sign-in on Laptop - Similar Threads - Remove Replace User

2. Laptop user name and password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop user name and password: User name and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-user-name-and-password/d531baa7-a53a-4f85-953f-0d923b73aa6e
  3. Laptop user name and password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Laptop user name and password: User name and password https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/laptop-user-name-and-password/d531baa7-a53a-4f85-953f-0d923b73aa6e
  4. Removing "Forth" User Name

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Removing "Forth" User Name: I am logged into my Microsoft Account as my user account on Windows 10 Pro. However, the name "Forth" keeps appearing in my file paths. For example: C:\Users\forth\Documents How do I change "Forth" so it is my actual name?...
  5. All user names not on Sign-In Screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    All user names not on Sign-In Screen: Split from this thread. Hi can any one help me to solve this issue with my pc. I'm using windows 10 pro. On my pc welcome screen not showing multiple user name to log in. I added users as my family members in account sitting. But user name not display on welcome screen....
  6. How do I change this user name or replace it?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How do I change this user name or replace it?: [ATTACH] joshu is the default windows user. I made Joshua but I was wondering if I can replace joshu or rename it? submitted by /u/nanajosh [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/earj42/how_do_i_change_this_user_name_or_replace_it/
  7. user account name removal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    user account name removal: I am using a second hand HP laptop which was purchased from a second hand dealers electrical store and it constantly shows downloads going into user file with dollar dealers name. Q. how do I find where to remove their name and have my own??...
  8. User name confusion after replacement of hard drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    User name confusion after replacement of hard drive: Recently, my hard drive in my laptop crashed. After a new drive was installed, most of my data files could be restored from the failed disk. However, I now have confusion over my user name. In command prompt, listing the directories under users gives me Admin and Public....
  9. signing on with administrator user name & password

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    signing on with administrator user name & password: always signed in with Microsoft account & password next am after upgrade to windows 10 version 1803 I had an administrator account on the opening page. I signed in with MS account. Anything I wanted to do or change went to the sign in with administrator account with...
  10. Sign In: Want to select a User Name

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sign In: Want to select a User Name: Hi. At the moment, when I start Windows 10, I have to sign in (without giving a password) to the last User that was signed in. In other words I don't have any options as to what User can sign in. But, when I start Windows 10, I want to be presented with a screen where I can...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to replace user name in laptop