Windows 10: Remove and Restore windows 10

Discus and support Remove and Restore windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Something is preventing me from preforming a complete restore of windows 10 on my laptop. I get the message “There was a problem resetting your PC”.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnthonyBush1, May 16, 2020.

1. Remove and Restore windows 10

Something is preventing me from preforming a complete restore of windows 10 on my laptop. I get the message “There was a problem resetting your PC”.

:)

AnthonyBush1, May 16, 2020
  2. puma99dk| Win User

Reinstalling Windows 10 to sell a PC - is the 'Remove everything' option enough?

Restore factory settings do list Removes your personal files, apps and settings, and reinstalls the version of Windows that came on this PC.

So if this isn't true well than just erase the drive and install a clean Windows 10 with all the drivers u need but why should it be true
    @FordGT90Concept ? *Laugh :laugh:

puma99dk|, May 16, 2020
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Restoring Windows 10 Image using Macrium Reflect

In addition to the above. Here's my suggestion in step by step.
    I assume you have Macrium Installed in your current HD and already made a backup copy.
    1. Connect your new HD via USB port and boot up.
    2. Run Macrium, click on Restore tab then select the Backup Image that you made to restore
    3. click on "select a different target disk" then select your new HD as destination

Remove and Restore windows 10 [​IMG]
    4. Proceed to restore then Shutdown and disconnect the old HD and replace with the new HD
    5. Boot up with your new HD.

topgundcp, May 16, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Remove and Restore windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, May 16, 2020
Thema:

Remove and Restore windows 10

1. Remove and Restore windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remove Restore

2. Remove old devices from Restore screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove old devices from Restore screen?: Just installed Win 11 on another device, and I noticed there are a lot of old installations in the "Select a device to restore from" screen, during Windows installation. Is there any way to remove them? I can't find anything in my account.This isn't mine. I took it from a...
  3. Remove old devices from Restore screen?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove old devices from Restore screen?: Just installed Win 11 on another device, and I noticed there are a lot of old installations in the "Select a device to restore from" screen, during Windows installation. Is there any way to remove them? I can't find anything in my account.This isn't mine. I took it from a...
  4. Windows update has removed my files. How do I restore them?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows update has removed my files. How do I restore them?: I performed a windows update tonight and it erased all of my files. I have tried restarting several times, but it has not restored my account. I have found my user account and the temp account that it currently signs me in to. I have tried to setup a new user account, but...
  5. Windows update has removed my files. How do I restore them?

Windows update has removed my files. How do I restore them?: I performed a windows update tonight and it erased all of my files. I have tried restarting several times, but it has not restored my account. I have found my user account and the temp account that it currently signs me in to. I have tried to setup a new user account, but...
  6. Has someone restored files from ransomware *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...

Has someone restored files from ransomware *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...: Has someone restored files from ransomware *** Email address is removed for privacy *** ransomware. attack4 years ago i got attacked. I have an Okey acknowledge about technic. But this one o can't crack. It's means a lot for me. It's pictures and videos in different formats.I...
  7. Has someone restored files from ransomware *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Has someone restored files from ransomware *** Email address is removed for privacy ***...: Has someone restored files from ransomware *** Email address is removed for privacy *** ransomware. attack4 years ago i got attacked. I have an Okey acknowledge about technic. But this one o can't crack. It's means a lot for me. It's pictures and videos in different formats.I...
  8. Creating A System Restore Point disallows one to create one for a past date to remove what...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating A System Restore Point disallows one to create one for a past date to remove what...: Hello, Here's the problem: I have no freedom on my own computer! Microsoft needs to understand that RELEVANCE is important to each individual; therefore, each USER should be able to UNINSTALL any app or UPDATE that they deem unwelcomed! Without relevance for the USER, it...
  9. Creating A System Restore Point disallows one to create one for a past date to remove what...

Creating A System Restore Point disallows one to create one for a past date to remove what...: Hello, Here's the problem: I have no freedom on my own computer! Microsoft needs to understand that RELEVANCE is important to each individual; therefore, each USER should be able to UNINSTALL any app or UPDATE that they deem unwelcomed! Without relevance for the USER, it...
  10. how do i restore a threat i have removed from protection history?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how do i restore a threat i have removed from protection history?: I have a big problem I accidentally removed two threats from windows protection history. one PUAlow one trojan virussevere. how am i able to restore the threats so windows defender can detect them get rid of the problem?...