Windows 10: Remove-AppxPackage does not appear to be working in Windows 10 1511

Discus and support Remove-AppxPackage does not appear to be working in Windows 10 1511 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi there. I like to remove the default apps that are bundled with Windows 10. Since upgrading to Windows 10 1511, the following commands do not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Sprite, Nov 21, 2015.

1. Sprite Win User

Remove-AppxPackage does not appear to be working in Windows 10 1511

Hi there.

I like to remove the default apps that are bundled with Windows 10. Since upgrading to Windows 10 1511, the following commands do not appear to be working for me in Windows PowerShell (running as Administrator ofc)

Get-AppxPackage *3dbuilder* | Remove-AppxPackage
    Get-AppxPackage *windowsalarms* | Remove-AppxPackage

.... etc

No error message is displayed and equally no green confirmation message. Running "Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers" I see the apps simply remain installed. It's like Windows is ignoring my commands. Any advice is appreciated. Thanks.

Remove-AppxPackage does not appear to be working in Windows 10 1511 [​IMG]

:)

Sprite, Nov 21, 2015

2. I wouldn't mind Windows X if I could

I retyped the above with the correct spacing for easier reading and easier copy and pasting:

I just found out how via

3 Methods to Uninstall Default Apps in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Insider

There are some apps such as Mail, Movies & TV, Calendar, Calculator, People, Camera, Photos, Maps, Store and Weather can’t be uninstalled from the Start menu. To remove them, you have to use the PowerShell.

Step 1: Launch the Start menu, go to All apps and go down to the folder labeled
    Windows PowerShell

Step 2: Right-click on
    Windows PowerShell
    and select Run as administrator

Step 3: When a window appears and asks if you want to allow this app to make any changes to your PC,
    click Yes

Step 4: Type the following command in the Powershell command line (Admin) to remove the camera (for example):

Get-AppxPackage *windowscamera* | Remove-AppxPackage

You can use the same command to uninstall other default apps but you have to replace
    windowscamera with the following text. The single asterisks
    are necessary:

Get-AppxPackage *windowscalculator* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *zunemusic* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *windowsmaps* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *zunevideo* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *people* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *photos* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *soundrecorder* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage (does not work it seems =/)

Just copy and paste each line for the program you wish to uninstall in
    Powershell
    . I have been having a tremedous problem since the November 1511 Windows 10 update to get
    Groove music app (zunemusic) to not crash once it starts so I uninstalled it completely using the above command. If anyone has new code or update for Groove please post below this so I know it is fixed.

Groove (and the other apps above) can not be removed via the
    Start
    > System > Apps & Features list. Which makes me wonder why Microsoft does not allow us to have control of our own computer. Those apps listed above have the
    Uninstall button greyed out for some ungodly reason.

passionfly1, Nov 21, 2015
  3. How to remove Windows 10 default apps the easy way (mainly Groove)

I just found out how via

3 Methods to Uninstall Default Apps in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Insider

There are some apps such as Mail, Movies & TV, Calendar, Calculator, People, Camera, Photos, Maps, Store and Weather can’t be uninstalled from the Start menu. To remove them, you have to use the PowerShell.

Step 1: Launch the Start menu, go to All Apps and go down to the folder labeled
    Windows PowerShell

Step 2: Right-click on
    Windows PowerShell
    and select Run as administrator

Step 3: When a window appears and asks if you want to allow this app to make any changes to your PC,
    click Yes

Step 4: Type the following command in the Powershell command line (Admin) to remove the camera (for example):

Get-AppxPackage *windowscamera* | Remove-AppxPackage

You can use the same command to uninstall other default apps but you have to replace
    windowscamera with the following text. The single asterisks
    are necessary:

Get-AppxPackage *windowscalculator* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *windowscommunicationsapps* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *zunemusic* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *windowsmaps* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *zunevideo* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *people* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *photos* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *soundrecorder* | Remove-AppxPackage

Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage (does not work it seems =/)

Just copy and paste each line for the program you wish to uninstall in
    Powershell
    . I have been having a tremedous problem since the November 1511 Windows 10 update to get
    Groove music app (zunemusic) to not crash once it starts so I uninstalled it completely using the above command. If anyone has new code or update for Groove please post below this so I know it is fixed.

Groove (and the other apps above) can not be removed via the
    Start
    > System > Apps & Features list. Which makes me wonder why Microsoft does not allow us to have control of our own computer. Those apps listed above have the
    Uninstall button greyed out for some ungodly reason.

passionfly1, Nov 21, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Nov 21, 2015
  5. Sprite Win User
    Hi Brink. Thanks very much for your welcome and your guide. I also found the below post helpful, from one of your forum members.

[/quote]

Sprite, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove-AppxPackage does not appear to be working in Windows 10 1511 - Similar Threads - Remove AppxPackage does

2. AppxPackages Removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AppxPackages Removal: As a part of a new computer setup that I do, I run a PowerShell script that removes a bunch of the unnecessary AppxPackages. For some reason on 1 specific new computer, I cannot remove any appx-package even when I run the command manually rather than in my script. There isn't...
  3. AppxPackages Removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AppxPackages Removal: As a part of a new computer setup that I do, I run a PowerShell script that removes a bunch of the unnecessary AppxPackages. For some reason on 1 specific new computer, I cannot remove any appx-package even when I run the command manually rather than in my script. There isn't...
  4. Remove-AppxPackage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove-AppxPackage: Remove-appxpackage <packagefullname> -user <string sid>is not removing package for the user when running as admin or system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-appxpackage/83911c99-a710-40f4-a55d-4de396b3b68e
  5. Remove-AppxPackage

Remove-AppxPackage: Remove-appxpackage <packagefullname> -user <string sid>is not removing package for the user when running as admin or system. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-appxpackage/83911c99-a710-40f4-a55d-4de396b3b68e
  6. Remove-AppXPackage Mail for Windows 10 -AllUsers no longer works

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove-AppXPackage Mail for Windows 10 -AllUsers no longer works: Get-AppXpackage *windowscomm* Remove-AppxPackage -AllUsers This used to work, it now doesn't. Please our dear overlord Microsoft, please impose the divine light that I may customise the enterprise environment I manage and not have my users trying to log into Mail for...
  7. PwrShell: Remove-AppxPackage & Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers

PwrShell: Remove-AppxPackage & Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers: Hello, I would like to ask a couple of questions regarding PowerShell commands for App management (OS build 19041.450) First: is there any difference between Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | Remove-AppxPackage and Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers *Microsoft.XboxApp* |...
  8. remove-appxpackage doesn't work on normal user account

remove-appxpackage doesn't work on normal user account: Hello, i am using windows 10 pro 64bit 17134 build Uninstall Apps in Windows 10 | Windows 10 Tutorials Even if i enter command -allusers , or -user username doesn't work, can't uninstall packages like weather on normal user account. Tried this command on admin and non admin...
  9. Update 1511 appeared then disappeared

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update 1511 appeared then disappeared: I'm on Win 10 (build 10240). I hadn't been getting updates for a while so did some troubleshooting and started to receive the updates yesterday, including the major November update 1511 [img] But the upgrade didn't complete. It went to the booting black screen with a...
  10. Get-appxpackage -allusers does not seem to be working.

Get-appxpackage -allusers does not seem to be working.: Let's say I do: Get-appxpackage *onenote* and Get-appxpackage -allusers *onenote* And I find there are entries for this product. So, I run: Get-appxpackage -allusers *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage And I find that the localuser does not have the package, but...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. RemoveAppXPackage windows 10 not working

2. remove-appxpackage does not work