Windows 10: Remove-AppXPackage Mail for Windows 10 -AllUsers no longer works

Discus and support Remove-AppXPackage Mail for Windows 10 -AllUsers no longer works in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Get-AppXpackage *windowscomm* Remove-AppxPackage -AllUsers This used to work, it now doesn't. Please our dear overlord Microsoft, please impose the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ESP ITGuy, Oct 18, 2020.

1. ESP ITGuy Win User

Remove-AppXPackage Mail for Windows 10 -AllUsers no longer works

Get-AppXpackage *windowscomm* Remove-AppxPackage -AllUsers

This used to work, it now doesn't. Please our dear overlord Microsoft, please impose the divine light that I may customise the enterprise environment I manage and not have my users trying to log into Mail for Windows 10 on our meeting room computers.

I know you know better than me, and I'm eternally grateful that you still allow me to uninstall Candy Crush Saga and MineCraft from our business computers, I'd be ever so grateful and privileged if you would once again allow me to do so with Mail.

Humbly your slave of a billion clicks

ITguy

PS, I'm really looking forward to being restricted to the Windows 10 settings menu as opposed to Control panel. You're so wise in your choices, us admins are in awe of your foresight and empathy for us who manage your software without SCCM and a team of powershell script writers.

:)

ESP ITGuy, Oct 18, 2020

2. Get-appxpackage -allusers does not seem to be working.

Let's say I do:
    Get-appxpackage *onenote*
    and
    Get-appxpackage -allusers *onenote*

And I find there are entries for this product.

So, I run:
    Get-appxpackage -allusers *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage

And I find that the localuser does not have the package, but allusers does.

Something wrong with the way I'm doing it?

I _am_ using a powershell with elevated privileges.

cDreamDancer, Oct 18, 2020
  3. Mark0 Win User
    PwrShell: Remove-AppxPackage & Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers

Hello,
    I would like to ask a couple of questions regarding PowerShell commands for App management (OS build 19041.450)

First: is there any difference between
    Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    and
    Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers *Microsoft.XboxApp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    if there is only one user on the computer?

Second: what is the difference between
    Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -Online -PackageName MyAppxPkg
    and
    Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers -Online -PackageName MyAppxPkg

Thanks for any help,
    Mark

Mark0, Oct 18, 2020
  4. OneMoar Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

@W1zzard looks like the hashing/version is different on some systems
    this syntax works better
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *3d* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *bing* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *solit* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *people* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *zune* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *photos* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *phone* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *communi* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    someone already compiled all the tweaks listed into a handy choice driven .cmd file
    you can get that from here
    [Script] Windows 10 TNBT (The next big Tweak) v6.5.6 -official thread-

OneMoar, Oct 18, 2020
Thema:

1. Remove-AppXPackage Mail for Windows 10 -AllUsers no longer works - Similar Threads - Remove AppXPackage Mail

2. Why can I not access the -AllUsers parameter on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I not access the -AllUsers parameter on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?: Why does the -allusers parameter not work? I can perfectly remove apps from my current account, but not from all users.I have tried all kinds of combinations of syntax. I believe it is an issue with powershell....
  3. Why can I not access the -AllUsers switch on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I not access the -AllUsers switch on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?: Why does the -allusers switch not work? I can perfectly remove apps from my current account, but not from all users.I have tried all kinds of combinations of syntax. I believe it is an issue with powershell....
  4. what does this code do? Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    what does this code do? Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...: so my windows key started to not work lately. the only way it works is for pausing a youtube video. a website told me that i should write this command in powershell to reset the key for it to work again. i know that powershell is pretty powerfull, so im just checking to...
  5. Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute: Hello Team,Am trying to use Remove-AppxPackage command to remove an appx package for all the users, it fails with below error. However, If I run the command without -AllUsers attributes it works.CommandRemove-appxpackage...
  6. Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute: Hello Team,Am trying to use Remove-AppxPackage command to remove an appx package for all the users, it fails with below error. However, If I run the command without -AllUsers attributes it works.CommandRemove-appxpackage...
  7. Unable to remove appxpackage with -AllUsers attribute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. What does this code do? Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    What does this code do? Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage...: Hello, i just ran into the problem that i cant use the windows search bar. Everytime i click to search i cant type anything or just one letter and the black search window closes. Tried to solve it by re - indexing (i dont remember exactly how its called) and by using...
  9. PwrShell: Remove-AppxPackage & Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers

PwrShell: Remove-AppxPackage & Remove-AppxProvisionedPackage -AllUsers: Hello, I would like to ask a couple of questions regarding PowerShell commands for App management (OS build 19041.450) First: is there any difference between Get-AppxPackage *Microsoft.XboxApp* | Remove-AppxPackage and Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers *Microsoft.XboxApp* |...
  10. Get-appxpackage -allusers does not seem to be working.

Get-appxpackage -allusers does not seem to be working.: Let's say I do: Get-appxpackage *onenote* and Get-appxpackage -allusers *onenote* And I find there are entries for this product. So, I run: Get-appxpackage -allusers *onenote* | Remove-AppxPackage And I find that the localuser does not have the package, but...