Windows 10: Remove-AppxPackage

Discus and support Remove-AppxPackage in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Remove-appxpackage <packagefullname> -user <string sid>is not removing package for the user when running as admin or system.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CS00001111, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Remove-AppxPackage

Remove-appxpackage <packagefullname> -user <string sid>is not removing package for the user when running as admin or system.

:)

CS00001111, Feb 7, 2022
  2. AndreTen Win User

View Poll Results: Do you use Edge as your primary browser??

I found suggestion on MS forums that could work. Did you tried this?

AndreTen, Feb 7, 2022
  3. OneMoar Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

@W1zzard looks like the hashing/version is different on some systems
    this syntax works better
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *3d* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *bing* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *solit* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *people* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *zune* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *photos* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *phone* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    powershell "Get-AppxPackage *communi* | Remove-AppxPackage"
    someone already compiled all the tweaks listed into a handy choice driven .cmd file
    you can get that from here
    http://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/63498-Windows-10-TNBT-(The-next-big-tweak)-official-thread

OneMoar, Feb 7, 2022
  4. AsRock Win User

Remove-AppxPackage

Windows 10 Tweaks

I will have to agree, as when i upgraded the fixes work and now i am using a clean install none of them work except onedrive.

AsRock, Feb 7, 2022
Thema:

Remove-AppxPackage

1. Remove-AppxPackage - Similar Threads - Remove AppxPackage

2. AppxPackages Removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AppxPackages Removal: As a part of a new computer setup that I do, I run a PowerShell script that removes a bunch of the unnecessary AppxPackages. For some reason on 1 specific new computer, I cannot remove any appx-package even when I run the command manually rather than in my script. There isn't...
  3. AppxPackages Removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AppxPackages Removal: As a part of a new computer setup that I do, I run a PowerShell script that removes a bunch of the unnecessary AppxPackages. For some reason on 1 specific new computer, I cannot remove any appx-package even when I run the command manually rather than in my script. There isn't...
  4. Remove-AppxPackage doesn't cleanly Remove APPX App from Windows PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove-AppxPackage doesn't cleanly Remove APPX App from Windows PC: 0I am trying to uninstall a previously installed windows UWP App. using command below. Below command is removing the App. from Start menu fine but the App. is not able to remove C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MyAPPNAME\ directory.Can someone help me with this fix...
  5. Remove-AppxPackage doesn't cleanly Remove APPX App from Windows PC

Remove-AppxPackage doesn't cleanly Remove APPX App from Windows PC: 0I am trying to uninstall a previously installed windows UWP App. using command below. Below command is removing the App. from Start menu fine but the App. is not able to remove C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\MyAPPNAME\ directory.Can someone help me with this fix...
  6. Remove-AppxPackage doesn't cleanly Remove APPX App from Windows PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Why can I not access the -AllUsers parameter on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why can I not access the -AllUsers parameter on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?: Why does the -allusers parameter not work? I can perfectly remove apps from my current account, but not from all users.I have tried all kinds of combinations of syntax. I believe it is an issue with powershell....
  8. Why can I not access the -AllUsers parameter on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?

Why can I not access the -AllUsers parameter on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?: Why does the -allusers parameter not work? I can perfectly remove apps from my current account, but not from all users.I have tried all kinds of combinations of syntax. I believe it is an issue with powershell....
  9. Why can I not access the -AllUsers parameter on PowerShell's Remove-AppxPackage command?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
  10. How to Remove-AppxPackage from a SPECIFIC user account?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How to Remove-AppxPackage from a SPECIFIC user account?: There is an AppxPackage called Microsoft.SkypeApp on my user account 'nophone'.I want to remove it but the -User switch for Remove-AppxPackage never works. Neither does the -AllUsers switch.Both switches are located on the documentation for System.Management.Automation...