Windows 10: Remove auto updates

Discus and support Remove auto updates in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I had the displeasure of installing w10 on my laptop solely for the purpose of playing league of legends. I use the OS once a week top and get greeted... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sekex, Aug 30, 2020.

1. /u/sekex Win User

Remove auto updates

I had the displeasure of installing w10 on my laptop solely for the purpose of playing league of legends. I use the OS once a week top and get greeted every time by those irritating windows update. How do you prevent them from ever happening?

Today, it was particularly annoying, with MS Edge spawning in the middle of the screen and not willing to go away.

I also get a message from One Drive because they want me to sign in which is of course not interesting for me.

submitted by /u/sekex
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sekex, Aug 30, 2020
  2. Johan45 Win User

AMD FX OC'ers Club

That's what the auto setting will do since you're over the 1333 mark it jumps to the next step which isn't listed or officially supported I assume by that ram.

At this point though I would suggest dropping the multi one step or .5 so that we can get something stable and possibly take the heat issue out of the picture for now.

Johan45, Aug 30, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Aug 30, 2020
  4. Remove auto updates

how do you delete an auto added email in Win 10 mail

Hi Larry,

Outlook builds the Auto-Complete List by saving the names and addresses of recipients in email messages you've previously sent. As the list grows, so does the number of suggestions that are offered as possible entries. You can trim the list by removing one
    or more recipients, or you can turn off Auto-Complete List completely. To do so, you may follow instructed steps from this link:
    Remove addresses from AutoSuggest/Auto-Complete

Let us know if you need further help.

Jenicel Dri, Aug 30, 2020
Thema:

Remove auto updates

1. Remove auto updates - Similar Threads - Remove auto updates

2. Need to remove Admin auto configured Microsoft updates

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need to remove Admin auto configured Microsoft updates: I have one special workstation that is set to automatically install updates. Under updates, says "Some settings are managed by your system administrator". How do I change those settings? I want them to upload, but let me decide when to install them? Some updates are rebooting...
  3. Need to remove Admin auto configured Microsoft updates

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Need to remove Admin auto configured Microsoft updates: I have one special workstation that is set to automatically install updates. Under updates, says "Some settings are managed by your system administrator". How do I change those settings? I want them to upload, but let me decide when to install them? Some updates are rebooting...
  4. Need to remove Admin auto configured Microsoft updates

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Auto removal and auto return of my drive D

in Windows 10 Customization
    Auto removal and auto return of my drive D: Why my Drive D is getting removed and returned automatically? Lots of essential files stored in my Drive D and the moment it is removed, it stops me from working on the items stored in it. Can somebody explain and tell me what to do to stop this?...
  6. Auto update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Auto update: My wireless connection for my laptop is disconnected upon shutdown and auto update. I have to do a system restore to get internet connection restored. The auto update keeps installing something called "killer drivers". Very unsettling....
  7. Auto update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto update: Can I disable auto update in windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/auto-update/710dd194-7a65-40aa-bf85-395c3f0825ba
  8. Auto updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Auto updates: STOP forcing your damn updates. I bought 2 laptops last year and they are both corrupted because your updated are not compatible with a driver. That's according to Best Buy. The one goes to a blue screen and advised the updates didn't install completely. The other has...
  9. Auto updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Auto updates: I'm having trouble with the automatic part of the Microsoft automatic updates. My private connection is not free, and not unlimited. I want the updates, but I'd rather download them via a public (free) connection. My computer time is beginning to center around the automatic...
  10. Auto updates

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Auto updates: The trouble is, my private connection only allows 2 GB of bandwidth per month. I'd rather download the updates via a free public connection when I'm at a hot spot. But I don't know how to stop the updater from using my private connection. Help! 20766