Windows 10: Remove awful Audio Compression on HP Laptops (Realtek)

Discus and support Remove awful Audio Compression on HP Laptops (Realtek) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Realtek integrated sound card on my laptop, running the latest driver version. I experience audio compression. (The bass seems to quiet down... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by updatesvc, Nov 8, 2019.

1. updatesvc Win User

Remove awful Audio Compression on HP Laptops (Realtek)

I have a Realtek integrated sound card on my laptop, running the latest driver version. I experience audio compression. (The bass seems to quiet down even when I crank up the volume) there was a time when this never happened. not sure what changed. The audio compression is really bad since it caps off some good bass hits on my headphones.

How can I remove this effect, some reg hack or something? Plus I have checked the playback options tab: the enhancements tab is missing + the telephone call setting is set to do nothing.

I have also tried the default High Definition Audio Device, the audio compression is much worse.

Things I have tried:
    • 2 Clean Windows Installs (Including Formating my SSD)
    • The default High Definition Audio Driver
    • Changing Sample rates
    • Almost all Relatek 6.8xxx.x drivers
    • Deleting the hole MMDevices folder in windows registry

it's also worth mentioning that this doesn't happen on Ubuntu. (Had to make sure I wasn't imagining things)
    I suspect its some hidden audio processing object or something of the sorts.

SPECS:
    HP Pavilion 15 Notebook - 15-ay076nia
    Device ID : Device HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10EC&DEV_0282&SUBSYS_103C81EC&REV_1000
    Windows 10 v1903 Enterprise

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

:)

updatesvc, Nov 8, 2019
  2. ddelo Win User

Realtek HD Audio Manager (for hp computers) not closing

Thanks, but I have already done that. HP has 6.0.1.7944 available for my laptop, which is the version Microsoft installed on its own.
    What I would do, is uninstall again the existing 6.0.1.8475 and before Windows 10 installs its own 6.0.1.7944, I will run the hp provided software, to see how it goes.

Thanks again for your time!

UPDATE: Nope...the hp provided Realtek Audio driver does exactly the same. The Audio Manager is not closing!

ddelo, Nov 8, 2019
  3. Audio driver issue (realtek)

I have hp 15-bc008tx, windows 10 creators update.

As you all know it comes with b&o play which is the main culprit in my issue. I found an solution online( link at the bottom) which suggested me to remove realtek HD audio driver (default) and go with high definition audio driver from Microsoft and to uninstall
    realtek from control panel. I did as said and audio worked fine for one reboot no issue whatsoever but from the next reeboot onwards though the driver is still high definition (Ms) issue came back. I repeated the steps ,again fine audio for one reboot and
    messed up for next reboot. I guess even though realtek is uninstalled it's somehow loading in the subsequent reboot. Please help me changing driver everytime for a movie is not enjoyable.

link :-http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-2593100/crackling-popping-sound-laptop-speakers-headphones.html

Ashish30697, Nov 8, 2019
  4. TISbunno Win User

The Ultimate Realtek HD Audio Driver Mod for Windows 10

Hi, i try to install the Realtek HD Audio + Sound BlasterX 720° 6.0.1.8328 MOD by Lynn (2018-02-06), i follow this step:
    1- disinstall old driver
    2-clean the registrer with the .reg file
    3-restart
    4-install realtek software, reboot and wait for the other part of installation
    5- use the .reg "registro audio no firmado"
    6- reboot
    after this step the driver that windows see are the high definition audio from microsoft.
    i would like to install the realtek mod driver with dolby atmos and dolby home theatre (or creative 720, depends on who offers more). Someone could share a complete guide?
    I would like to point out that the pc is a hp dv6 laptop

TISbunno, Nov 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Remove awful Audio Compression on HP Laptops (Realtek) - Similar Threads - Remove awful Audio

2. Audio gets compressed

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio gets compressed: Hey there, This morning I bumped into a problem with my friend's laptop (Lenovo thinkpad x 230). We will have a concert tomorrow and somehow when we playback some louder parts of our music it gets compressed. It's not because of the DAWs because we tried to use many and we...
  3. Realtek Audio to Realtek High Definition Audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Realtek Audio to Realtek High Definition Audio: I've been trying to get a HD audio for sometime now, and all i can do is nothing cause it seems like my laptop doesn't want me to move on. I now have Realtek Audio, instead of a HD one. Been trying to get a HD even trying to install multiple drivers to see if it works even...
  4. Realtek Audio to Realtek High Definition Audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Realtek Audio to Realtek High Definition Audio: I've been trying to get a HD audio for sometime now, and all i can do is nothing cause it seems like my laptop doesn't want me to move on. I now have Realtek Audio, instead of a HD one. Been trying to get a HD even trying to install multiple drivers to see if it works even...
  5. Remove Realtek audio driver permanently

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Remove Realtek audio driver permanently: I recently installed a new motherboard ASUS Prime z390p and it installed an audio driver in my computer - RealTek audio driver. The headphones I use for gaming uses a software that enables the headphone option "7.1 Surround Sound" in the audio device settings. However since I...
  6. HP Pavilion Stand Alone---Audio is awful in Zoom meetings

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    HP Pavilion Stand Alone---Audio is awful in Zoom meetings: Either the other participant cannot hear me or I break up and echo https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-pavilion-stand-alone-audio-is-awful-in-zoom/e2c45f27-9842-4f3b-9646-15ebb3609f3b
  7. Realtek Audio but no audio?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Realtek Audio but no audio?: I have a Acer Nitro 5 and I got on my computer two hours ago and my computer said "No speakers or headphones are plugged in." Even with headphones in. I tried updating my drivers, but it didn't work. Help? submitted by /u/shower-oatmeal [link] [comments]...
  8. HP Laptop Audio not working.

HP Laptop Audio not working.: Ok, this problem happened 5-6 days ago but I was having work-around with it. But now, it is causing a real difficulty for me. So, a few days ago my laptopHP-bs179tx inbuilt speakers stopped working. And even after several resets, they were not working. So I read around the...
  9. No Realtek HD audio manager on laptop

No Realtek HD audio manager on laptop: Hello, I am having a strange issue. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the Realtek HD audio drivers several times. My understanding is that when installing the drivers, it automatically installs the manager as well. The problem is that the manager does not get installed. It...
  10. How to completely remove Realtek audio drivers?

How to completely remove Realtek audio drivers?: I'm using build 10240, and in the first install, it installed the Realtek audio drivers. The problem with these drivers is that they completely mess up the sound in my headphones. Anyways, I've tried: Uninstalling the audio manager in control panel Deleting the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. realtek hp audio compression reddit

2. hp laptop compression