Windows 10: remove bing as the default search engine in Microsoft Edge

Discus and support remove bing as the default search engine in Microsoft Edge in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This has been asked till the cows come home but the answers are scripted and never tested before the response to the question. I know that bing is an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by beemer1ggg, Mar 11, 2020.

1. remove bing as the default search engine in Microsoft Edge

This has been asked till the cows come home but the answers are scripted and never tested before the response to the question. I know that bing is an integral part of the Edge browser. I create my own search engine in the list but bing won't allow my search engine to be used. bing won't allow any other search engine to be used. I removed bing from the list and it still somehow grabs the positition of default search engine' grabs my criteria and performs the search. I'm looking to remove bing from searches performed in the addressbar on my taskbar and the addressbar of the browser.

Please test your answer on a regular Win 10 machine before you reply.

Thank you,

Gene

PS. All Windows updates have been done. Brand new machine with Windows 10 retail.

:)

beemer1ggg, Mar 11, 2020

2. Remove Bing from Microsoft Edge

Hi Bonnie,

Bing is design to work with Microsoft Edge and cannot be removed. Do you just want to change the default search engine used on Microsoft Edge? If yes, follow the steps below on how to change the default search engine on Microsoft Edge:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the "..." icon at the upper right hand of the window and select
      Settings.
    • Select View advanced settings.
    • Select Change search engine.
    • Select a different search engine and Set as default.

Looking forward to your response.

Radney Dri, Mar 11, 2020
  3. Removing Bing as default search engine.

We appreciate the prompt response. In this case, let us check your browser settings and ensure that
    Bing is removed as the default search engine. To do this, follow these steps:

• Open your Firefox browser.
    • Click the Menu icon or the 3 bars icon.
    • Select Options.
    • Select Search.
    • Under Default Search Engine, select your preferred search engine from the drop down list.
    • Once you're done, close the search tab and check if the issue persists.

We'll appreciate if you can send us an update.

Darwin Dim, Mar 11, 2020
  4. remove bing as the default search engine in Microsoft Edge

changing default search engine to google from Bing in IE Edge

To change the default search engine on Windows Edge.

Step One: Open Microsoft Edge

Step Two: type in the search engine into the browser address such as (www.google.com)

Step Three: Click on the three dots top right below the x (close button)

Step Four: Click on settings

Step Five: Scroll and click on Advance Settings

Step Six: Scroll to Search in the address bar with click within the box

Step Seven: Click on Add NEw

Step Eight: Your search engine should be listed Click on it

Final Step: select your choice of:

Add as default

Add

Rico Novice, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

remove bing as the default search engine in Microsoft Edge

1. remove bing as the default search engine in Microsoft Edge - Similar Threads - remove bing default

2. Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing: Hello,I really like the Edge browser even tho the updates during the last year made things worse.However, what really annoys me is edge keeps asking to update my settings to use bing as the default search engine. Is there a way to prevent or disable this?...
  3. Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing: Hello,I really like the Edge browser even tho the updates during the last year made things worse.However, what really annoys me is edge keeps asking to update my settings to use bing as the default search engine. Is there a way to prevent or disable this?...
  4. Edge keeps asking to change default search engine to bing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Bing search engine by default in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Bing search engine by default in Windows 10: One would think that removing a default search engine or the initial page that Windows sets at the start of a session would be a rather simple task, but that does not seem to be the case with the latest update to Windows 10 as of 23 Nov 2020. I'm running my favorite...
  6. Disable BING as default search engine

Disable BING as default search engine: How do I disable BING from my browser? It pops up on start-up as the default search engine. It's so frustrating. I've gone into menu setting to change, tried the Cortana search settings fix, and it still defaults back to Bing. Have searched the internet over the months...
  7. BING SEARCH ENGINE

BING SEARCH ENGINE: Whenever I click on Google Chrome I get BING. I want that to stop. HOW? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bing-search-engine/ba5e3cd1-9db2-4f33-9d0c-8a1bcd9ed342
  8. MS Edge: Search Engine defaults to Bing

in Browsers and Email
    MS Edge: Search Engine defaults to Bing: Hi, This morning, MS Edge defaults to Bing as the search engine even though the default setting is set to Google. I can't get it to default to Google, even though I am able to manually select Google as the search engine. How can I check if this is a problem with MS Edge or...
  9. Bing Search Engine

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bing Search Engine: I use Bing daily in Firefox (Edge is too cantankerous for me). Since this morning, when I type something in search, the first results are obscured by the search bar. I can't scroll up any further, but can scroll down to less qualifying results. I've made no changes to my...
  10. Bing search engine

in Browsers and Email
    Bing search engine: Can someone please help me? I have just registered on here, at the suggestion of someone from Firefox help forums. I am a senior person (still working) I have some pc knowledge, but not to technical especially with in depth stuff. My problem is I have FF as my default...