Windows 10: Remove Bing search = Yicks

Discus and support Remove Bing search = Yicks in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Well getting a taste for Bing desktop search and yes I hate it, Sure hope there's a way to get rid of the pest now or someday I've avoided it in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ThrashZone, Oct 8, 2014.

1. Remove Bing search = Yicks

Well getting a taste for Bing desktop search and yes I hate it,
    Sure hope there's a way to get rid of the pest now or someday
    I've avoided it in win-7 like the plague but on the surface "no pun intended" there's no obvious way to disconnect web search from the new start button *Sad

:)

ThrashZone, Oct 8, 2014

2. bing

It is not possible to remove bing or disable the bing search button.

psychomania---01, Oct 8, 2014
  3. Linney Win User
    Linney, Oct 8, 2014
  4. BillyBob Win User

Remove Bing search = Yicks

It's a search engine, not your mother in law, what's to hate, you don't have to use it.

BillyBob, Oct 8, 2014
  5. So I don't have to use it,
    In which exact way can I turn bing search off ?
    Thanks your nonspecific post very unhelpful *Wink

ThrashZone, Oct 8, 2014
  6. Edwin New Member
    Rip out your Ethernet Cable!!! *Wink

Edwin, Oct 8, 2014
  7. BillyBob Win User
    Buy a Mac.

What are you searching for, if something on the net, use Google.

BillyBob, Oct 8, 2014
  8. Remove Bing search = Yicks

Y'all might be a bit confused,
    This is not the Chill Room,
    Please post serious helpful posts or not at all
    This is a Help Forum not a chat room *Wink

ThrashZone, Oct 8, 2014
  9. BillyBob Win User
    Fair enough, I hope you find salvation.*Wink

BillyBob, Oct 8, 2014
  10. Edwin New Member
    Alright,
    So far I've found, in WTP, that if you search from the Start Menu and perhaps the Start Screen, the Charms/WinX Search and the Eyeglass on the Task Bar, it will bring up the Bing thing.
    The Quick Launch Address window still brings up the regular Internet in your default browser.
    If you want to search your machine only, it seems you have to do so within File Explorer-'This PC'.

Edwin, Oct 8, 2014
  11. To be clear,
    Disconnect Bing search from the new Start button search is the topic *Wink

ThrashZone, Oct 8, 2014
  12. Edwin New Member
    Can't help you there; sorry for wasting time.

Edwin, Oct 8, 2014
  13. Remove Bing search = Yicks

The start menu suggestions are okay,
    It's when you use the enter key (which in win-7) selects the top suggestion
    In win-10 it spins you to a bing search page :/

Forum sections can be easily confused it's all good but please keep in mind help is always the main objective *Smile
    Otherwise I would've posted somewhere else less serious *Smile

Allot of people do not like Bing Desktop Search because of this very bazar default in results,
    Not that I would want to use another search engine "Google or....) either start search is in my opinion always a Local files/ programs search,
    Otherwise I would open a browser and search and then I wouldn't want to search for local files,

The only trick ie workaround seems to not use the enter key and click on the suggestions instead :/

ThrashZone, Oct 8, 2014
  14. BillyBob Win User
    "The only trick ie workaround seems to not use the enter key and click on the suggestions instead :/"
    Aha, so that's why you were having problems and I wondered why, I never hit enter just clicked on the result. I just hit enter, and can see the problem.
    The main problem I can see is having the two search boxes so close, but apparently one is for Cortana.

BillyBob, Oct 8, 2014
  15. Once the suggestion is on top traditionally I would use the enter key which is my dilemma,

I posted feedback to the start button section of the feedback app :/

Possibly others could do the same ?
    It's sort of wild to tie a web search to the start button anyway it's why I've always avoided Bing desktop search in win-7
    My Bad for not mentioning the enter key it just occurred to me as what the issue was coming from :/
    search in general is everywhere or everything can't remember which but it should have a setting option to kill Bing completely as via my feedback was,
    Cheers for the helpful content *Smile

ThrashZone, Oct 8, 2014
Thema:

Remove Bing search = Yicks

1. Remove Bing search = Yicks - Similar Threads - Remove Bing search

2. how to remove bing search taskbar

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove bing search taskbar: I did not ask for Bing search box in my taskbar and don't need or want it. How to I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-bing-search-taskbar/4cb4d122-5825-4bac-aac8-a6a0b735168a
  3. how to remove bing search taskbar

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    how to remove bing search taskbar: I did not ask for Bing search box in my taskbar and don't need or want it. How to I remove it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-remove-bing-search-taskbar/4cb4d122-5825-4bac-aac8-a6a0b735168a
  4. how to remove bing search taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Remove Edge and Bing from Search Suggestions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Edge and Bing from Search Suggestions: I use Windows 10, and when I open Search it's cluttered with MS Edge and Bing suggestions. I already use Edge, and have been for quite awhile. I don't use Bing. I detest it. Is there some way I can remove those suggestions? The Search function doesn't even wait for me to...
  6. Remove Edge and Bing from Search Suggestions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Edge and Bing from Search Suggestions: I use Windows 10, and when I open Search it's cluttered with MS Edge and Bing suggestions. I already use Edge, and have been for quite awhile. I don't use Bing. I detest it. Is there some way I can remove those suggestions? The Search function doesn't even wait for me to...
  7. Remove Edge and Bing from Search Suggestions

8. removing Bing

removing Bing: I would like to remove Bing from Windows start up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removing-bing/6fde4112-c15e-457e-8cd1-0f3545e7c24d
  9. How to Remove bing provided search Malware

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to Remove bing provided search Malware: how remove the malware [Original Title: bingprovidedseach] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-remove-bing-provided-search-malware/6d74639d-b879-48ec-9a97-af00a94f1b06
  10. Bing search

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Bing search: How do I search information in France from the Bing search engine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/bing-search/5b7ae6e0-5a1c-4699-aad6-74d7d1e02b7d