Windows 10: Remove Bitlocker from a computer I am not a local administrator of

Discus and support Remove Bitlocker from a computer I am not a local administrator of in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I was wondering if it was possible to remove bitlocker while not being a local administrator. I am fine with a total system wipe, the computer is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/that_guydean, Nov 22, 2019.

1. Remove Bitlocker from a computer I am not a local administrator of

I was wondering if it was possible to remove bitlocker while not being a local administrator. I am fine with a total system wipe, the computer is unable to open command prompt due to the fact it's managed by an external network(?). The computer has absurd capabilities (32gb ram) and this is basically the only reason I'm not scrapping it for a different computer. I'm a computer scrub so understandable terms please, I'm not currently using the laptop nor am I near it, I can follow up when I am but I'm simply not home

submitted by /u/that_guydean
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/that_guydean, Nov 22, 2019
  2. Ernie San Win User

Bitlocker

Hello Nandana,

To enable BitLocker on your computer, you follow the steps below:

• Sign in to your Windows account with an administrator access.
    • Press the Windows key.
    • Type and enter BitLocker.
    • Click Turn on BitLocker.
    • If the system is asking to sing in to administrator access, please do so.
    For additional information about BitLocker, we suggest that you check the frequently ask question on this
    link. The link provided applies to Windows 8.1 to higher version.

If you have other concerns, don't hesitate to reach us.

Ernie San, Nov 22, 2019
  3. Paola Gar Win User
    Need to turn off Bitlocker to install Windows 10

Hi,

We suggest doing the following steps again to resolve the issue. To complete the procedure, make sure that you have the following information:

• You must be able to provide administrative credentials.
    • The drive must be BitLocker-protected.
    To suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption on an operating system drive, please follow the steps below:

• Click Start, click Control Panel, click
      System and Security, and then click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Suspend Protection for the operating system drive.
    • A message is displayed, informing you that your data will not be protected while BitLocker is suspended and asking if you want to suspend BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Yes to continue and suspend BitLocker on the drive.

Let us know how it goes.

Paola Gar, Nov 22, 2019
  4. Remove Bitlocker from a computer I am not a local administrator of

How to remove bitlocker from system?

Hi Patrik,

BitLocker is a full disk encryption feature present on Windows.

It seems that the troubleshooting steps that you've tried are for Windows 7. We suggest checking this
    thread and follow the steps given by
    Johann Eva to remove BitLocker encryption.

Get back to us with the outcome so we can help you out further.

Ronalene Mat, Nov 22, 2019
Thema:

Remove Bitlocker from a computer I am not a local administrator of

1. Remove Bitlocker from a computer I am not a local administrator of - Similar Threads - Remove Bitlocker computer

2. How to remove "Administrator" from my computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove "Administrator" from my computer?: I uploaded files from my old computer to my new one. It keeps telling me I need administrator approval before I can move files. How do I get rid of this?Moved by moderator from Word forum to Windows forum....
  3. How to remove "Administrator" from my computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove "Administrator" from my computer?: I uploaded files from my old computer to my new one. It keeps telling me I need administrator approval before I can move files. How do I get rid of this?Moved by moderator from Word forum to Windows forum....
  4. I am not administrator of my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am not administrator of my computer: I am not administrator of my computer. How to became? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-administrator-of-my-computer/70f135c8-dd08-441b-9f0e-3fe5f6142c17
  5. I am not administrator of my computer

I am not administrator of my computer: I am not administrator of my computer. How to became? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-am-not-administrator-of-my-computer/70f135c8-dd08-441b-9f0e-3fe5f6142c17
  6. I am trying to change Password for Local Administrator in GPO

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I am trying to change Password for Local Administrator in GPO: Dear User,I am trying to creat a Group Policy in which I can change/update password of local users. But I don't understand why is it showing Password option as greyed.Kindly help me out....
  7. I am trying to change Password for Local Administrator in GPO

I am trying to change Password for Local Administrator in GPO: Dear User,I am trying to creat a Group Policy in which I can change/update password of local users. But I don't understand why is it showing Password option as greyed.Kindly help me out....
  8. Why am I not the administrator on my computer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Why am I not the administrator on my computer.: Before anyone says a single thing about changing account privileges: My account is the only account on the computer. It shows that the account is an administrator. Why is it I'm being blocked by the administrator for trying to uninstall a program on my computer? Why is...
  9. I am trying to remove a user who is administrator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I am trying to remove a user who is administrator: I was sucessful in removing user but now I have no administrator which means that I cannot reset or restore computer How do I add a new administrator?...
  10. I am local account administrator but

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    I am local account administrator but: I am local account administrator but do not have the rights to stop windows defender. Just switched from Windows 7 2days ago. I am the only person on this computer and had no problems with windows 7. 10 is a strange animal to me. Thanks Richard...