Windows 10: Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu?

Discus and support Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Hi everyone, After updating recently, specifically with the new icons for Windows 10 apps, a lot of the icons now have this odd blue... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/iVoxel, Jun 26, 2020.

1. /u/iVoxel Win User

Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu?

Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu? gujNheCy4Q9YV6-wQzRVfacD_oCW2RRacFjMi_8BSDE.jpg

Hi everyone,

After updating recently, specifically with the new icons for Windows 10 apps, a lot of the icons now have this odd blue background to them. Is there anyway to remove this? I don't mind it too much but if it's something that I can customize it would be nice to do!

Icons with blue background

submitted by /u/iVoxel
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/iVoxel, Jun 26, 2020
  2. decimus Win User

Start menu icons background edit

I'm trying to make the start menu look more or less color-consistent, but some apps in the list stand out and create contrast. Is there a way to edit the icon background to make it the same blue as the rest in the list? I know how to change the shortcut icon but couldn't find the ones with an identical blue background.

Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu? [​IMG]

decimus, Jun 26, 2020
  3. Darknova Win User
    Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

You generally set that via the Start Menu settings (right-click start menu -> properties).

I had that issues a while ago, and it meant removing it from the Start Menu, and reinstalling my browser to get the icon back, it was very odd.

Darknova, Jun 26, 2020
  4. psyko12 Win User

Start menu default internet acces icon screwed?

@oil: That's what I did, but unfortunately it's different, it should be like "Internet" and should have the icon of FireFox.

So.. Remove the icon via Start menu properties, uninstall FF (again) and install?

psyko12, Jun 26, 2020
Thema:

1. Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu? - Similar Threads - Remove Blue Background

2. Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu?: Thank you so much! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-blue-background-from-icons-in-start-menu/41652a84-4f6e-4ed8-b049-4a441aff1f30
  3. Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu?: Thank you so much! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-blue-background-from-icons-in-start-menu/41652a84-4f6e-4ed8-b049-4a441aff1f30
  4. Remove Blue Background from Icons in Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Windows Start Menu Icon - Can I remove background colour from Icons?

Windows Start Menu Icon - Can I remove background colour from Icons?: Windows Version 1909. Hi, I'm new here. Can't seem to find what I'm looking for, so thought I'd ask here. Apologies if this is a duplicate post. Is there a way to remove the background colour on Icons? And also, is there a way to make the icon use the whole box/tile...
  6. Any idea on how to remove the blue background from the icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any idea on how to remove the blue background from the icons?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Romlow_1995 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hqt67y/any_idea_on_how_to_remove_the_blue_background/
  7. Start menu icons background edit

Start menu icons background edit: I'm trying to make the start menu look more or less color-consistent, but some apps in the list stand out and create contrast. Is there a way to edit the icon background to make it the same blue as the rest in the list? I know how to change the shortcut icon but couldn't find...
  8. Transparent Start menu icon background?

Transparent Start menu icon background?: On the start menu each application / file has an associated icon. Unfortunately it appears that Windows 10 is using the accent color as the icon's background. So I get squares of color with the icon in the middle. There are screen shots from Windows 10 previews that show the...
  9. Removing Colored Tile Backgrounds from Start Menu Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Removing Colored Tile Backgrounds from Start Menu Icons: [img] I'm wondering if there's currently a way to remove the ugly as hell tile background from icons located in the Start Menu. In other words, I just want the ICON to show. I really like the Windows 10 start menu (especially after removing the entire tile-set to the...
  10. Remove Context Menus from START MENU Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Context Menus from START MENU Icons: Please be aware that setting the group policy option: "Remove Access to the Context Menus for the Taskbar" to "Enabled", in Windows 10, does NOT work. This Group Policy setting is located at: User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu & Taskbar It is...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. window icon have blue background