Windows 10: Remove boot options?

Discus and support Remove boot options? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello folks, I am just wondering if anyone could help me please? As stated in the title I am needing help in removing boot options, I was dual booting... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Cully_83, Jan 13, 2021.

1. Remove boot options?

Hello folks, I am just wondering if anyone could help me please? As stated in the title I am needing help in removing boot options, I was dual booting W10 along with Linux but I have stopped using Linux now and I have tried removing the Linux from boot menu but haven't been successful, bcdedit said successful but still there. I'm using MSI motherboard if this makes any difference. Thanks in advance

submitted by /u/Cully_83
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Cully_83, Jan 13, 2021
  2. Josef Bri Win User

Re: All boot options are tried...

Hi Elda,

If the boot sequence didn't work, then we suggest try running the laptop in safe mode. To do this, here's a few steps to follow:

• Power down your laptop.
    • Turn it back on again.
    • When you turn it back on, press F8 repeatedly until the power on option appeared.
    • If you see the boot option "Safe Mode with Networking", choose that option.
    • See if you can boot up in Safe mode.

We'll look forward to your response.

Josef Bri, Jan 13, 2021
  3. ram93 Win User
    laptop doesnt boot automatically

This is what happened.

1. Did a repair install and later disabled hibertnate in CMD.
    2. Enabled legacy option ROM in BIOS.
    3. After a few times startup ( i used the system in such mode for 5 days), changed boot option back to default.
    4. Vola!! It boots automatically to win10 without any keypress. Tested it with many starts to confirm the same.
    5. Re-enabled hibernate option using CMD and later selected Fast Startup.
    6. System booted normally, without the need for any keypress.

I do not know exactly whether such steps resolved the problem or what else happened, hence cannot suggest above steps.

Many thanks to all members who helped to troubleshoot problems.

ram93, Jan 13, 2021
  4. Remove boot options?

Boot options

Hi Prabhat,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

Lets follow the below step and check if it helps.

If you would like to remove the rollback option from the boot up experience:

• From the Start menu or the Search icon, search for cmd.
    • Press-and-hold or right-click Command Prompt from the search results and select
      Run as administrator
    • Type bcdedit /timeout 0 at the command prompt and hit ENTER
    You can get the uninstall option back in the boot menu by following these steps again, but change the
    timeout value to something between 1 and 30, instead of zero.

A few words of warning about the new Uninstall feature:

• If you run Uninstall, you’ll need to know your password from your previous OS.  Account information is not saved from Windows 10 Technical Preview.  Instead, the accounts from your previous OS will be put back in its entirety.
      • Any built-in, modern apps from Windows 8.1 that were updated or replaced for Technical Preview will not work after you Uninstall back to Windows 8.1.  You can repair these apps by uninstalling the app manually and then re-downloading
        them from the Windows Store.
      • There are several ways you can inadvertently break or disable the Uninstall feature:
        • Running Reset or Refresh on Tech Preview will remove the Uninstall option
        • Running Disk Cleanup and removing the Windows.old folder will remove the Uninstall option
        • Adding a new user account in Tech Preview will remove the Uninstall option
        • Removing individual files from the Windows.old folder, without deleting the whole folder, may still allow the Uninstall option to be run.  However if you do, Uninstall
        • may not only fail, it may cause your PC to fail to boot into Windows.

Let us know if this helps or post back if you need further assistance, we will be glad to help

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 13, 2021
Thema:

Remove boot options?

1. Remove boot options? - Similar Threads - Remove boot options

2. no option to boot to

in Windows 10 Gaming
    no option to boot to: Screen says No option to boot toIs there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-option-to-boot-to/3f4cc765-39f8-41f6-a016-34e6b778da68
  3. no option to boot to

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    no option to boot to: Screen says No option to boot toIs there a fix? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-option-to-boot-to/3f4cc765-39f8-41f6-a016-34e6b778da68
  4. how to remove fedora boot option frim uefi boot

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to remove fedora boot option frim uefi boot: i had a linux fedora version installed on my main ssd with a partition i now want to use an external ssd but even after i deleted the os and removed the partition i still have an boot option in my uefi "bios" i tried removing it with the "bcdedit /enum frimware" but after a...
  5. how to remove fedora boot option frim uefi boot

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to remove fedora boot option frim uefi boot: i had a linux fedora version installed on my main ssd with a partition i now want to use an external ssd but even after i deleted the os and removed the partition i still have an boot option in my uefi "bios" i tried removing it with the "bcdedit /enum frimware" but after a...
  6. how to remove fedora boot option frim uefi boot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Remove Macrium from boot options ??

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Remove Macrium from boot options ??: When i switch on my PC i get two options windows 10 of Macrium reflect Is there a way to stop the Macrium Reflect option from loading or is this not advisable? 183528
  8. Secure Boot is removing Boot from HardDrive as a Boot Option

Secure Boot is removing Boot from HardDrive as a Boot Option: Hello, My main SSD ended up getting corrupted somehow and had to install a brand new blank SSD in my Alienware R13. I have since installed Win10 from a usb drive onto the SSD and it is working as expected. However, when I go into the BIOS to enable "Secure Boot" again to...
  9. Boot options

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Boot options: While restarting laptop.. Press to ESC key was not working. after staring the windows ESC and other F series keys are working. however, attaching of external keyboard there is no problem with ESC or F series keys.. kindly response as soon as possible....
  10. Removal of secondary Boot option?

Removal of secondary Boot option?: Hi guys. I started my journey here with a compatibility issue of a program after a windows update. I was told to use a Bootable USB and recreate windows due to my computer being unable to perform a system restore. In the process, a secondary OS was created on my D storage...