Windows 10: Remove CCleaner icon from system tray

Discus and support Remove CCleaner icon from system tray in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; If I turn off showing CCleaner icon in Settings, the next time I run CCleaner it turns it back on - is there any resolution to keep it off? 170903 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rdwray, Dec 20, 2020.

1. rdwray Win User

Remove CCleaner icon from system tray

If I turn off showing CCleaner icon in Settings, the next time I run CCleaner it turns it back on - is there any resolution to keep it off?

:)

rdwray, Dec 20, 2020

2. USB Drives plugged in but No Safely Remove Icon in Tray, and

....no drives listed in Hardware List.

When I plug USB drives in, the Safely Remove Hardware icon does not appear in in system tray (its not hidden either)

First, I went to Settings > Personalization > Taskbar > Select which Icons Appear on the Taskbar...

Remove CCleaner icon from system tray [​IMG]

.. and found it was already on

Next I tried using the solution in this post...

Solved No safely remove icon in tray any more after Windows 10 Anniversary up - Windows 10 Forums

...making a shortcut from "rundll32 shell32.dll,Control_RunDLL hotplug.dll", but when I run the shortcut, there are no devices listed...

Remove CCleaner icon from system tray [​IMG]

(in this screenshot, you can see two USB drives in the Explorer window in the BG but nothing listed in the panel. )

NOTE: They are listed in Disk Management and in the Device Manager under Disk Drives, and they function just fine..
    I think the Safely Remove Hardware icon is not appearing because despite being detected and showing in Explorer, Device Manager and Disk Management, its not being listed in this panel for some reason.

NOTE2: I recently installed a new motherboard.

ASUS B150M-A
    CPU Intel Core i5 - 6500 (3.2 GHz)
    Mem 4096 MB (DDR4 - 2133)

I am 100% sure it was working before that, but I cannot say for sure if it was still working after that.
    A friend suggested that it might be a setting in BIOS, but I have looked through it and nothing stands out.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

ETA: this is not the system listed in my System Specs page. That is another computer which I still have.

smartcooky, Dec 20, 2020
  3. Remove windows defender icon from the tray on win 10

Hi Vaso,

To help you remove Windows Defender icon from your computer's system tray, you may follow these steps:

• Right-click taskbar, and then choose Settings.
    • Under Notification area, click Select which icons appear on the taskbar.
    • Turn off the Windows Defender notification icon.
    Do let us know how it goes.

Monica Cam, Dec 20, 2020
  4. Remove CCleaner icon from system tray

How to recover hidden icon in System tray on Windows 10?

Hi Callum,

As you are facing issues with un-hiding the icon in System tray, we will help you with this issue.

Do let us know which is the icon you have deleted from the system tray for better assistance?

I suggest you to try the below steps to add the icons to Taskbar and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key, click on Settings.
    • Click on System> Notifications & actions.
    • Click on Select which icons appear on taskbar (to select the icons that appear on Taskbar)
      and also click on Turn system icons on or off

Hope it helps. If the issue still persists, let us know with brief description for further assistance. We will be happy to help you.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 20, 2020
Thema:

Remove CCleaner icon from system tray

1. Remove CCleaner icon from system tray - Similar Threads - Remove CCleaner icon

2. Cannot add or remove icons in system tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot add or remove icons in system tray: Whenever I need to add or remove a system tray icon, I normally use Taskbar Settings which gives a list of items etc. In trying this recently however, when I expand "Other system tray icons", there is no list. The only option shown is for the hidden icons menu as per...
  3. Cannot add or remove icons in system tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot add or remove icons in system tray: Whenever I need to add or remove a system tray icon, I normally use Taskbar Settings which gives a list of items etc. In trying this recently however, when I expand "Other system tray icons", there is no list. The only option shown is for the hidden icons menu as per...
  4. Removal of the Windows Sync Icon CSC from System Tray

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removal of the Windows Sync Icon CSC from System Tray: Hi,Can anyone explain how can I prevent the Windows Sync Icon CSC from being displayed in the System Tray?Sync has been disabled and is no longer used however, I'm unable to remove the icon from the systray display the icon is found under hidden icons and is turned 'off' via...
  5. Removal of the Windows Sync Icon CSC from System Tray

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removal of the Windows Sync Icon CSC from System Tray: Hi,Can anyone explain how can I prevent the Windows Sync Icon CSC from being displayed in the System Tray?Sync has been disabled and is no longer used however, I'm unable to remove the icon from the systray display the icon is found under hidden icons and is turned 'off' via...
  6. Removal of the Windows Sync Icon CSC from System Tray

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. System Icons disappearing from tray

System Icons disappearing from tray: After a recent update, currently on 20h2 build 19042.964, system icons have disappeared from the tray area near the clock. To be a little more specific, I can take all icons and hide them in the drawer and all icons show there. But when I set icons to always show, the first...
  8. remove Hds from the system tray

remove Hds from the system tray: Hello i just installed win 10 64 bit pro The problem is that all three hard drives appear in the system tray. from the fear of ejecting unintentionally. I had a regedit setup that solved this in win 7. for win 10 i can't find anything on the net. does anyone have a...
  9. Icons disappear from system tray

Icons disappear from system tray: Hi, I have already performed the following: Right-click on an empty space in your desktop taskbar and select Properties. In the Taskbar and Start Menu Properties window, find the selection labeled Notification Area and click on Customize. Click on Turn system icons on or...
  10. Move "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from system tray to Hidden Icons

in Windows 10 Support
    Move "Safely Remove Hardware" icon from system tray to Hidden Icons: . My "Safely Remove Hardware" icon has moved from Hidden Icons to the system tray - to the right of the "Show hIdden icons" icon. How can I move it back to Hidden Icons? Thanks. 110170