Windows 10: Remove Change Account Settings in Start Menu User.

Discus and support Remove Change Account Settings in Start Menu User. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; This is a bit of an odd one to say the least. I want to Remove the Change Account Settings from the Start Menu User . . . Now this is where it gets... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Paul Black, Jun 3, 2021.

1. Remove Change Account Settings in Start Menu User.

This is a bit of an odd one to say the least. I want to Remove the Change Account Settings from the Start Menu User . . . Now this is where it gets odd. The ONLY way that I have found to achieve this is by using the Local Group Policy Editor and changing the value from Not Configured to Enabled for the below . . . This can't be RIGHT can it? There is NOT an option in . . . Settings => Personalisation => Start Settings => Personalisation => Start => Choose which Folders Appear on Start . . . or among MANY other places that I searched. I would ideally like to achieve this using a REG File. Thanks.

:)

Paul Black, Jun 3, 2021
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 3, 2021
  3. angus Win User
    Settings can't be opened using the built-in administrator account

Hello,
    Unfortunately I have the same issue as Dabz from upgrading win7 to win10.
    I've tried opening settings using all the suggested methods and it will not load using my account with Administrator access nor the built-in Administrator profile. I also tried other methods not listed such as using Run. Control panel is just a stepping stone to add users in Settings.
    I'm also having explorer.exe issues, which I believe is preventing Settings from loading.
    Using cmd (Admin) I successfully created a new user profile [and granted admin access also using cmd (Admin)], however win10 will not allow this account to log on. win10 does not list this new user within control panel but it does in the start menu. win10 will not allow to log in or switch to the new account via the start menu either.
    I can access settings in Safe Mode but this will not allow me to create a new account.
    Any help/suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
    Cheers

angus, Jun 3, 2021
  4. Ghot Win User

Remove Change Account Settings in Start Menu User.

Start Menu List - Settings

You need to go one step further...

Settings >Personalization > Start, then click as shown by the RED square...

Remove Change Account Settings in Start Menu User. [​IMG]

Remove Change Account Settings in Start Menu User. [​IMG]

Ghot, Jun 3, 2021
Thema:

Remove Change Account Settings in Start Menu User.

1. Remove Change Account Settings in Start Menu User. - Similar Threads - Remove Change Account

2. Change/remove/rename start menu Icons?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Change/remove/rename start menu Icons?: Hey all I'm intrigued by the new start menu's look. However, it's still severely limited in options. Is there a tool or a hack to remove start menu items such as folders, cortana, people, etc. that do not have an uninstall option? Google gives me nothing but standard stuff...
  3. How to Remove 'Change Account Settings' from User Picture Sub-menu

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to Remove 'Change Account Settings' from User Picture Sub-menu: Using WIN10 Pro Build 2004 I'm trying to streamline user interface and want to remove the 'Change Account Settings' from the User picture sub-menu using the registry. I have read that if I apply a common user picture this menu item would go away, but I need to use specific...
  4. How to Remove 'Change Account Settings' from User Picture Sub-menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to Remove 'Change Account Settings' from User Picture Sub-menu: Using WIN10 Pro Build 2004 I'm trying to streamline user interface and want to remove the 'Change Account Settings' from the User picture sub-menu using the registry. I have read that if I apply a common user picture this menu item would go away, but I need to use specific...
  5. How to remove User Account icon from Start Menu?

How to remove User Account icon from Start Menu?: Hi all, I temporarily added a hotmail account to my Windows 10 laptop in order to sync Edge favorites with my iPad. I then removed the account, but now in the Start menu I see the Hotmail user account icon (screenshot attached, see red arrow). How can I remove it? Thanks...
  6. Other user accounts lost start menu pins

Other user accounts lost start menu pins: So this morning I turn on and manually check store for app updates as usual. Then I start to login to the other family user accounts on the pc like I often do to check said app updates still work. I was a little concerned to see on all user accounts (apart from mine) that all...
  7. Remove "Settings" from the Windows 10 Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove "Settings" from the Windows 10 Start Menu: Has anyone been able to remove "Settings" from the Windows 10 Start Menu? 89284
  8. Start menu button not working on new user account

Start menu button not working on new user account: Just created a 2nd admin account on a W10 PC and The Start menu button is not working on a new user account....still works ok on the original account. Done sfc scan now and it found some errors, now downloading replacement files.....hope that will work....did the...
  9. How to remove User Name from Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove User Name from Start Menu?: Hi guys, Can you tell me how can I remove this? [img] 65970
  10. Start Menu Closes if User Account Selected

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu Closes if User Account Selected: Ok, so I am having a strange problem. In my PC's admin account, when I attempt to switch users by: Start Menu > (click user account) The start menu disappears / rolls back down. I cannot switch users this way, but this only affects my admin account. What can I do to make...