Windows 10: Remove child's profile/account from my laptop without removing them from the family group

Discus and support Remove child's profile/account from my laptop without removing them from the family group in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; My children now have their own PC's so no longer need to use my laptop. I can't find any information about removing them from my laptop without... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by Shan_991, Sep 8, 2020.

1. Shan_991 Win User

Remove child's profile/account from my laptop without removing them from the family group

My children now have their own PC's so no longer need to use my laptop. I can't find any information about removing them from my laptop without removing them from the family group. I also need to be sure not to lose there data.

Thanks

:)

Shan_991, Sep 8, 2020

2. Unable to remove child account from Family

I am also having the same issue I am not able to remove the childs account I followed the steps and after doing so I received this message in error (
    Select Manage my child’s profile info, find your child, then select
    Remove consent for this child’s account. Then, try removing this member again).
    I'm completely lost I cant find where im given the option to do so (remove consent)

daddyzgirl, Sep 8, 2020
  3. How To remove a Child consent

You can remove an account from a family group. The account will still exist, but it won't have the benefits or restrictions it had when it was within the family group. To remove a member from your family group, you must have an adult account, and be the
    one who gave consent.

1. 1
      Go to family.microsoft.com.
    2. 2
      Sign in with your Microsoft account, then:
      • To remove a child, scroll down and select Manage my child's profile info, select the child, select Remove consent for this child's account, and confirm. Then, go back to your family’s page, and under the child’s name, select More
        options > Remove from family, and confirm.
      • To remove a child because they’re now an adult, or if an adult account has been misclassified as a child account, verify the account.
      • To remove an adult, under that person's name, select More options > Remove from family, and confirm.
      • To leave the family group if you’re the only adult in the family, remove all children first, then find your name, select Leave family, and confirm. You must be over the statutory age to remove yourself.
      • If you're incorrectly listed as a child when you're an adult, see How to change a birthdate on a Microsoft account.

JoseIglesias3, Sep 8, 2020
  4. Remove child's profile/account from my laptop without removing them from the family group

Unable to remove child account from Family

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to removing the child account from family. I thank you for bringing this to our notice regarding the settings.

Let me provide you another way to remove the child account from family.

1. Go to
      family.microsoft.com
    2. Sign in with your Microsoft account.
    3. Under your child’s name click on
      More options.
    4. Now click on Remove from family and then click on Remove.

Once you confirm to remove the child account, it should be removed from the family group.

Let us know if you have any concerns, we will be glad to assist you.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

Remove child's profile/account from my laptop without removing them from the family group

1. Remove child's profile/account from my laptop without removing them from the family group - Similar Threads - Remove child's profile

2. Can't remove a child from family group.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't remove a child from family group.: When I am trying to remove an account from family I am getting an error message."Family members under statutory age need an adult's consent to join a family group. Only the adult who granted consent for user can remove this family member. Ask the family organizer who granted...
  3. child removed from family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    child removed from family group: My son and I both got an email from MS saying, "You were removed from your family group" in my case, "your child was removed". Neither of us did anything to remove him from the group. There is no explanation from Microsoft. Any idea why this happened?My concern is the someone...
  4. child removed from family group

child removed from family group: My son and I both got an email from MS saying, "You were removed from your family group" in my case, "your child was removed". Neither of us did anything to remove him from the group. There is no explanation from Microsoft. Any idea why this happened?My concern is the someone...
  5. child removed from family group

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  6. Unable to remove a child from Family Group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to remove a child from Family Group: I added my son to our family group, but now when I try to remove him I get the error below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-remove-a-child-from-family-group/4da20d2e-fdfc-4add-8ede-b4b0fc801422
  7. Unable to remove a child from Family Group

Unable to remove a child from Family Group: I added my son to our family group, but now when I try to remove him I get the error below. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-remove-a-child-from-family-group/4da20d2e-fdfc-4add-8ede-b4b0fc801422
  8. Can't remove child from Family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove child from Family group: Hello all,I can't remove a child from my Family group.I go to...https://account.microsoft.com/family/home... then click on the three dots by the child's name, followed by, "Remove from family group". It then says, "<snipped> Ask the family organiser who granted xxxx consent...
  9. Can't remove child from Family group

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Can't remove child from Family group: Hello all,I can't remove a child from my Family group.I go to...https://account.microsoft.com/family/home... then click on the three dots by the child's name, followed by, "Remove from family group". It then says, "<snipped> Ask the family organiser who granted xxxx consent...
  10. How to remove a child's profile from Family group - unable to remove consent?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove a child's profile from Family group - unable to remove consent?: In trying to create accounts for my kiddos, I accidentally created 2 accounts for each of them with is annoying and confusing. I want to remove the 2 incorrect ones but it seems to be impossible! When you click on 'remove account' under 'more options' the following message...