Windows 10: Remove "click by hovering".

Discus and support Remove "click by hovering". in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I've recently got a new PC with Windows 10 Home on it. There is this feature where if you leave the cursor hovering over something clickable for a few... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Jim Phillips 729, Apr 4, 2020.

1. Remove "click by hovering".

I've recently got a new PC with Windows 10 Home on it.

There is this feature where if you leave the cursor hovering over something clickable for a few seconds it will automatically click it.

I only use the touchpad not a mouse. I want to turn this feature off but I can't find anywhere in the control panel to turn it off. I found a section to turn this feature off if you are using a mouse but that has no effect.

It is very frustrating to beging reading a page and suddenly a new page appears.

Any help would be appreciated.

Jim Phillips

:)

Jim Phillips 729, Apr 4, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 4, 2020
  3. Trouble with Hover function

Hi Gwendolyn,

The option to activate a window by hovering it with the mouse may not be enabled, and this could be a possible cause why you are experiencing an issue with using the hover function of your mouse.

Follow these steps to enable the Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse option:

• Using Cortana, type ease of access.
    • On the search results, click on Ease of Access Center.
    • Choose Make the mouse easier to use.
    • Under Make it easier to manage windows, tick on the checkbox beside Activate a window by hovering it with the mouse.
    • Click Apply and then click OK.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Apr 4, 2020
  4. Remove "click by hovering".

How do I turn off hover

Hi Steven,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I suggest you to disable window by hovering over it with the mouse and check if it helps. To do so I suggest you to try the below given steps and check if it helps:

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Control Panel.
    • Select or click Ease of Access.
    • Click or tap on Ease of Access Centre.
    • Click on Make the Mouse Easier to Use was uncheck
      Activate Window by hovering over it with the mouse.
    • Check if issue is resolved.

Please post back with the results, we will be glad to assist you further.

Thank you.

Parth P Patel, Apr 4, 2020
Thema:

Remove "click by hovering".

1. Remove "click by hovering". - Similar Threads - Remove click hovering

2. Stop mouse hovering acting like a click

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stop mouse hovering acting like a click: As a person with disabilities, I find the fact that a miuse hovering acts as though I clicked the left button. I have turned off the hovering in settings snd I have increased the hover time. Neither of these removes the problem. I need a way to stop this problem completely!...
  3. Stop mouse hovering acting like a click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop mouse hovering acting like a click: As a person with disabilities, I find the fact that a miuse hovering acts as though I clicked the left button. I have turned off the hovering in settings snd I have increased the hover time. Neither of these removes the problem. I need a way to stop this problem completely!...
  4. Cursor switches windows by hovering, not by clicking on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Cursor switches windows by hovering, not by clicking on my laptop: After the update last Tuesday, this phenomenon started. I would like to go back to when there are 2 overlapping Windows, I can switch between them by clicking & not by hovering. If I have a smaller window in front of a larger window, the larger window will come to the front...
  5. Mouse Clicks and Hovering not registering.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mouse Clicks and Hovering not registering.: Don't really know how else to describe it, but ever since I played the Master Chief Collection on steam about an hour ago, my mouse has been basically nonfunctional. It would work on some windows, but almost all windows processes, including the Taskbar and desktop, nothing...
  6. Remove hovering text for Taskbar apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove hovering text for Taskbar apps: Hi all, How do I remove the text box when you hover over an app? I do a lot with Excel and Google sheets. Often when accessing tabs, the hovering text is triggered. The text hovers over their tabs and is slow to disappear, it costs time and causes frustration. It also...
  7. Windows 10 Disable Hover Click Help!

Windows 10 Disable Hover Click Help!: I have tried the two suggestions found on this site. 1) Settings, check ClickLock (I still have no idea why that's supposed to help but I selected it) 2) Control Panel, confirm that 'Activate a window by hovering over it with a mouse' is unchecked. It hasn't helped. Windows...
  8. Removing the hovering taskbar in the bottome right corner

Removing the hovering taskbar in the bottome right corner: I recently upgraded to window 10 and something really annoys me. In the bottom right corner of my screen, there is a arrow that when clicked, pulls out a taskbar that gives my 4 buttons to press that change my power settings. Auto, Performance, Powersaving and Away mode....
  9. No Task Bar (hovering) preview, no peeking, no full screen is on hovering over and clicking

No Task Bar (hovering) preview, no peeking, no full screen is on hovering over and clicking: When there is no window opened, hovering over taskbar app icons, a preview is shown, but on hovering over preview no full window is opened, and no peeking is done, and also clicking on that small preview, no window opened. And whenever there is a window is opened then...
  10. Looking for: Desktop Folder that shows contents on hover/click

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Looking for: Desktop Folder that shows contents on hover/click: I had a program that did this Years. It allowed you to make a folder on the desktop, put anything in the folder you wanted, and instead of opening the folder, you could mouse over it like a right click context menu and have access to those files/shortcuts within the folder,...