Windows 10: Remove "Click or tap to follow link"

Discus and support Remove "Click or tap to follow link" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When my cursor touches a hyperlink, a window pops open with the link address. Is there a way to turn this off?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Larry Kamberger, Mar 3, 2021.

1. Remove "Click or tap to follow link"

When my cursor touches a hyperlink, a window pops open with the link address. Is there a way to turn this off?

:)

Larry Kamberger, Mar 3, 2021

2. remove click or tap to follow link

remove click or tap to follow link

douglasjames4, Mar 3, 2021
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Mar 3, 2021
  4. Remove "Click or tap to follow link"

Uninstall TAP Windows Adapter V9

SOLVED

• Step 1: Download OpenVPN and install with ALL features from HERE : Community Downloads | OpenVPN
    • Step 2: Open CMD.exe as administrator and go to the file location of "C:\Program Files\OpenVPN\bin" or whatever that turns out to be.
    • Step 3: Follow the "Installing and uninstalling TAP-drivers" section from the website

HERE
      : https://community.openvpn.net/openvpn/wiki/ManagingWindowsTAPDrivers
    • OR JUST READ BELOW
    • Step 4: How to get the <id> for the next section:
      • Go to Network Connections
      • Right click the TAP device you want to remove
      • Click Properties
      • Click Details
      • Using the drop-down menu, get the Hardware ID
        • This is usually something like: tapoes, tap0901 etc
    • Step 5: Remove those suckers by typing the following into CMD: tapinstall.exe remove (ID from step 4)
      • it should look something like this below:
    • Step 6: If you have devices that were not removed, repeat Steps 4-5 for all TAP adapters
    • Step 7: Restart!
    • Step 8: Uninstall OpenVPN and you're all set!

Supplementary information from the site:

Occasionally you may need play with different TAP-driver versions. In this case you can use devcon.exe from the Windows command-prompt. Below are some common commands you can run from an administrator Powershell
    or cmd.exe console:

List available TAP-Windows adapters:

List network interfaces (incl. TAP-Windows adapters):

View information about an installed driver:

Uninstall a TAP-driver:

To verify TAP-driver removal:

Install a new TAP-driver:

Update a TAP-driver:

Notes:

• <id> refers to the driver identifier which is tap0901 for OpenVPN 2.2+, but may be different in older/newer OpenVPN versions.
    • <something.inf> is typically OemWin2k.inf (old tap-drivers) or OemVista.inf (newer tap-drivers). You need to specify the full path to this file, e.g.C:\Program Files\TAP-Windows\driver\OemVista.inf.
    By installing multiple times, you will create additional TAP-Windows adapter instances, which can be used for multiple concurrent VPN tunnels. It is also possible to install using Control Panel -> Add New Hardware,
    and it is possible to uninstall using Control Panel -> System -> Hardware -> Device Manager.

CarlTutton, Mar 3, 2021
Thema:

Remove "Click or tap to follow link"

1. Remove "Click or tap to follow link" - Similar Threads - Remove Click tap

2. use ctrl to clear click or tap to follow link balloon

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    use ctrl to clear click or tap to follow link balloon: click or tap to follow link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-ctrl-to-clear-click-or-tap-to-follow-link/7dc2800f-0723-417a-944f-8f2e116b7f1e
  3. remove click or tap to follow link

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove click or tap to follow link: remove click or tap to follow link https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-click-or-tap-to-follow-link/77606ac6-b353-4e4d-a920-2d4ff49d0fbb
  4. Tap to Click

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Tap to Click: Can't turn off tap to click in Windows 10 on new HP computer... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tap-to-click/37276d93-9bd3-4b8c-8162-ceafe1ecad1d
  5. UNABLE TO FOLLOW LINK

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    UNABLE TO FOLLOW LINK: I am trying to shop on the Macy's site. They have many drill down links and all return this error: Access Denied You don't have permission to access the requested URL on this server. Reference: 18.3d15e8ac.1577414981.83c8bb6en I am working on a secured WiFi network at my...
  6. How to disable tap clicking?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable tap clicking?: I cant stand tap clicking, how can I disable it? In other versions of windows I was able to do it pretty easily in the settings, but now I cant find the option. Anyone know how to do it? submitted by /u/MrYoshi411 [link] [comments]...
  7. How to disable tap to click

How to disable tap to click: I have tried pretty much everything people have said online but nothing works! either the tabs aren't there or the solutions just don't work. I am at my wit's end! Computer is an Alienware Area 51m...
  8. Disable tap to click on touchpad.

Disable tap to click on touchpad.: I recently installed an update to Windows 10. I originally had my touchpad set to only use the buttons to click, because I GODDAMN HATE WHEN THE TOUCHPAD ACCIDENTALLY CLICKS ON SOMETHING WHEN I BRUSH MY HAND ACROSS IT!!! I can't find anywhere to turn it off, and I swear to...
  9. Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Touchpad Tapping and Tap to Click in Windows 10 If your Windows 10 PC (ex: laptop) has a built-in touchpad, you may want to enable or disable the tapping feature (aka: Tap...
  10. tap to click

in Windows 10 Support
    tap to click: hello forum members,can anyone tell me how to disable tap to click I used to use the synaptics driver but it no longer works in windows ten,thanks in advance. 48061