Windows 10: Remove com ports in use?

Discus and support Remove com ports in use? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; While installing a USB to RS232 ftdi cable I noticed that I have about 20 com ports that say "in use" but are not in fact being used by anything (at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by joelshort, Jan 26, 2016.

1. joelshort Win User

Remove com ports in use?

While installing a USB to RS232 ftdi cable I noticed that I have about 20 com ports that say "in use" but are not in fact being used by anything (at least I don't think so). Is there a way to clear those com ports so that they can be used by a new device?

Obviously running Win10 and this is the first com device I've tried to install on it.

:)

joelshort, Jan 26, 2016

2. Problem w/ActiveSync Toshiba Bluetooth Stack/AT&T Tilt WM6/Tablet PC w/ MS XP SP3 Tablet 2005 OS

Bluetooth syncing is a tough issue. the main cause is ActiveSync.

First thing you have to do is remove all local services wich are connected to a COM-port.

Secondly add a new Serial Service and select a comport. Make sure this is the first Bluetooth Serial Port with a COM-port. THIS IS ESSENTIAL.

Next you have to set the Connection Settings in ActiveSync for the COM-port you just made in the Bluetooth Stack.

On your device remove your PC as a Bluetooth Device. And try again.

Paul Willen, Jan 26, 2016
  3. How to NOT use WinUsb with Lumia 520?

Is there a chance that you may need to add Port manually? Go into "add/remove hardware", then choose the option that says "let me choose what hardware to install", then go to "choose hardware from a list". Scroll down the list and find the "com ports".
    Then choose to "add com port"

scoobyman---01, Jan 26, 2016
Thema:

Remove com ports in use?

1. Remove com ports in use? - Similar Threads - Remove com ports

2. COM port

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COM port: I am using window 10, I tried to communicate with arduino mega 2560 by grbl controller. its connected but not active some times its active. why it happened. I tried many times I thoiught the com port service is inturupted by itself?...
  3. COM ports

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COM ports: Where are the COM ports on windows 11? Looked through device manager and couldnt find any. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/e9069c14-9696-4ac5-99df-a5a67079048a
  4. Switching COM Ports using script

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Switching COM Ports using script: Hallo,I am working on OEM. I use a windows image to install the devices. When the device is newly installed , the COM ports are interchanged. Is there a possibility to write a script to change the COM Port numbers according to memory range after the installation. I was...
  5. com ports

in Windows 10 Customization
    com ports: How do I clear in use com ports in win 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/13a6b2f9-f52d-467c-a680-4bfa363a639f
  6. COM ports

COM ports: Have 2 USB COM ports on my laptop. I use them to connect to and upload Arduino programming. Device manager started out identifying them as COM port 3 an4, now says 4 and 6, sometimes both as COM port 5. Any info appreciated....
  7. Com Port

Com Port: My Com 3 Port was working fine and I now plugged in a device and I see 2- Com 2 ports and 1- Com 2 port, none of which are connecting to my device? How can I reinstall the Com 3 port driver if I delete the current one can I still download it>...
  8. Com ports

Com ports: Whenever I try to use serial communation I get an error code #12. The message is I don't have enough room for the com port. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/2cc86c83-2c30-4ef6-b30b-32cbe6508edb
  9. Com Ports

Com Ports: I'm having a problem with com port #5. It gives me a yellow sign with a quote. Whats happening is when I try to make changes to To my Mitsubishi GX 2000 software program for PLC logic controllers it tells me I have a problem with my comm port. I don't think I'm using a comm...
  10. Com ports

in Windows 10 Customization
    Com ports: Where do I find the com port's that are assigned to a device that is connected with Bluetooth https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/com-ports/1ebde4c0-a50f-4066-aaf1-ef4c7399ebe7