Windows 10: Remove Computer From Network In File Manager

Discus and support Remove Computer From Network In File Manager in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I changed the name of a new Windows 10 computer and restarted it. The computer name changed as I expected, but now when I go to Network in Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pete999, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Pete999 Win User

Remove Computer From Network In File Manager

I changed the name of a new Windows 10 computer and restarted it.

The computer name changed as I expected, but now when I go to Network in Windows Explorer (File Manager) there's an icon in the Computer category for both the old name and the new name. And when I expand Network in the left pane, both the old and new computer names are listed there as well.

Naturally, if I click on the old name, Windows can't find it. But I can't remove this icon either. The right-click options are only

Open

Open in New window

Pin to Quick Access

Connect with Remote Desktop Connection

Pin to Start

Create Shortcut

The same behavior shows on Windows 7 networked computers, except a few of those right-click options are missing.

How do I delete the old computer's icon from Windows Explorer?

:)

Pete999, Dec 14, 2018
  2. doxey2 Win User

Add or Remove Network from Navigation Pane in Windows 10

Brink,

I followed all of the steps and was not able to see the "attributes" file under ShellFolder. Any suggestions? I would like to remove both "network" and "this pc" Thanks

doxey2, Dec 14, 2018
  3. Mussels Win User
    Basic Network guide

I'll be adding a small page on doing this in windows vista soon, since XP is the same with a step or two less, i assume people will figure it out.

Mussels, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Remove Computer From Network In File Manager

Network Connections Manager?

Hi Laura,

We acknowledge that you would like to remove old computers that have been added to your network for file sharing and for us to effectively assist you on this, kindly confirm to us if you're referring to Windows Homegroup. If yes, you may follow the steps
    below to easily remove those old computers from your Homegroup connection.

• Start by opening File Explorer.
    • In the navigation pane on the left, scroll down and then expand the Homegroup folder.
    • In that folder, you'll see a list of PCs in the Homegroup. PCs that are unavailable on the network are dimmed. If a computer is asleep, turned off, or just disconnected from the network, it will show as unavailable.
    • Click the name of the computer that you would like to remove.
    • After clicking, on the right, click the "Remove <computername> from the homegroup" option. No confirmation will be prompted but the computer will be removed from the homegroup.

Do get back to us with the results and if you have any other questions, don't hesitate to post back.

Jomel_Santos, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Remove Computer From Network In File Manager

1. Remove Computer From Network In File Manager - Similar Threads - Remove Computer Network

2. computer is not visable in file manager network. Cannot change network ID from business to...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    computer is not visable in file manager network. Cannot change network ID from business to...: computer is not visable in file manager network. Cannot change network ID from business to home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-not-visable-in-file-manager-network/8b0dfb8b-398d-4075-b552-cab1479b2e57
  3. computer is not visable in file manager network. Cannot change network ID from business to...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    computer is not visable in file manager network. Cannot change network ID from business to...: computer is not visable in file manager network. Cannot change network ID from business to home. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computer-is-not-visable-in-file-manager-network/8b0dfb8b-398d-4075-b552-cab1479b2e57
  4. How to remove a Network from my Computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to remove a Network from my Computer: I returned home from vacation to find that someone hacked into my computer and created a network. I tried wiping and restarting my computer but it is still there. Is there any way I can remove the network. I have tried stopping all networking in msc, but it doesn't seem to...
  5. remove unidentified computer from network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    remove unidentified computer from network: Greetings How can I remove an unidentified computer from network? Besides my pc I see in network a computer named RalinkLinuxClient right click allows only to create shortcut or show properties I'm in windows 10 pro winver 1809 with a lousy router-modem (cable) by sagemcom...
  6. remove old computers from network

remove old computers from network: Hi, I followed some suggestions about removing old computers from my network but without success. I would know the reason why windows is displaying computer names that have been deleted years ! ago. Why I'm not able to delete them? Is it available a method without resetting...
  7. connected network computer not displayed in file manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    connected network computer not displayed in file manager: windows 10 home file manager cannot see connected computer running windows 10 pro - although sync program between works just fine! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/connected-network-computer-not-displayed-in-file/1c7dd58c-4e89-410f-a404-0960e903e575
  8. No Network Entry in File Manager

No Network Entry in File Manager: We shall skip the Windows 10 total crash disaster and try to finish the install of an entirely new copy, which has fixed some problems that likely had existed for some time and led to the failure of my copy of Windows.. I just scanned a document for my wife, and wanted to...
  9. Can't Remove Network Location from File Explorer

Can't Remove Network Location from File Explorer: I have an application that when installed, also created a network location in File Explorer. It was mapped to an S:\ drive and named Workplace. That application has been uninstalled, however, the network location is left behind. I can't delete it. I figure it needs to be...
  10. Network devices missing from list in file manager

Network devices missing from list in file manager: Hi, I used to be able to click the network tab on the left pane and all my network devices, mainly Nas drives would show up. I can see them on the right pane, I have tried numerous troubleshooting suggestions but to no avail. [ATTACH]...