Windows 10: Remove Context Menus from START MENU Icons

Discus and support Remove Context Menus from START MENU Icons in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Please be aware that setting the group policy option: "Remove Access to the Context Menus for the Taskbar" to "Enabled", in Windows 10, does NOT work.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by jbrivers7, Jul 20, 2017.

1. jbrivers7 Win User

Remove Context Menus from START MENU Icons

Please be aware that setting the group policy option: "Remove Access to the Context Menus for the Taskbar" to "Enabled", in Windows 10, does NOT work. This Group Policy setting is located at:
    User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Start Menu & Taskbar

It is supposed to perform the following: "This will remove the right-click menu for the Task Bar, Start Menu and Clock.", but it does NOT remove the context menu's from Start Menu icons. It DOES however remove the context menu from the Taskbar and Clock.

Has anyone else found a work-around for this issue?

Thank you very much for your time in advance!

:)

jbrivers7, Jul 20, 2017

2. New Applications did not save to my games folder...

Assuming the icon is in the Start menu, open File Explorer and navigate to \Windows\Start Menu\Programs. Tap and hold on the icon and select Cut from the context menu and go to \Programs\Games folder and paste the icon there.

Pocket PC Mauritius omnia i900 avnya henriett

Linley Meslier, Jul 20, 2017
  3. Add or Remove Start Context menu items

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are facing issues with managing Start Context menu items on Windows 10. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

To assist you better, please provide the information:

When you say that "add and remove items from the Windows 10 Start Context menu", are you referring to add or remove the contents present in Start Menu?

If you want to manage the apps which will appear in Start Menu, then you can pin or unpin any apps from the Start Menu.

Step 2: To add the icons of any apps in the Start Menu.

1. Click on Search Menu.

2. Then type the name of apps which you want to add in Start Menu.

3. Right click on the name of apps and click on Pin to Start.

Step 2: Try to unpin the apps which you don't want to display in Start Menu.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Right click on any apps icons in the Start Menu.

3. Then click on Unpin from Start.

Reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.

Let us know if you need any further assistance on Windows related issues and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 20, 2017
  4. jbrivers7 Win User

To clarify, we also do NOT want to completely disable ALL of the File Explorer's default context menus:
    User Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > File Explorer"Remove File Explorer's default context menu"

as we have an psuedo administrative user that requires certain context menu access ONLY from allotted file explorer directories, but we do not want them to have access to the context menu on the Start Menu. Thanks again!

jbrivers7, Jul 20, 2017
  5. pepanee Win User
    pepanee, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove Context Menus from START MENU Icons - Similar Threads - Remove Context Menus

2. Can Snip & Sketch be removed from Open With context menus?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can Snip & Sketch be removed from Open With context menus?: Recently, I've noticed that whenever I want to open an image file (.jpg, .gif, .bmp, .png, .ico, ...) to edit it in one of my programs (not just to view it), and I use the Open With context menu command, where my various image editors are listed, Snip & Sketch is in the list...
  3. Icons Missing from Start and File Menus

in Windows 10 Customization
    Icons Missing from Start and File Menus: This is a minor gripe, but the icons that were present are no longer there. For example, Alienware icons for the native Dell software don't appear on the start menu. I first noticed this after installing then uninstalling GIMP GUI, an image editing software, which I set as my...
  4. Icons and Context Menus gone!!!!!

Icons and Context Menus gone!!!!!: So I wake up my computer yesterday morning after the weekend. Outlook is open, after checking I minimize and see all my desktop icons are gone except for the recycle bin. I right click on the lower left Windows icon and nothing. If I click Send To on a file in explorer...
  5. Can't Remove "Send To" & "Pin To Start" From Context Menu

Can't Remove "Send To" & "Pin To Start" From Context Menu: Anyone knows why when i remove "Send To" & "Pin To Start" context menu entries from registry, windows automatically creates new one's after restart. Never had such problem in 8, and it's driving me nuts!!!!! Thanks for help! 37177
  6. Removing 'Cut' and 'Create shortcut' from context menus

Removing 'Cut' and 'Create shortcut' from context menus: Does anybody know how, if it's eve possible, to remove 'Cut' and 'Create shortcut' from the context menu for files and folders?! TIA! 36836
  7. Icons for context menu

Icons for context menu: Hello. Sorry for my English. There are option for putting icons in context menu for SEE, NEW, CHANGE NAME, COPY, CUT, DELETE ...? Thanks. 108594
  8. How to change Start menu context menus

How to change Start menu context menus: Does anyone know if there is a way to get rid of the "More" submenu and integrate its options into the main context menu? I believe this style was introduced in the Anniversary Update. Does anyone know why this was done? 72869
  9. Remove from context menu

Remove from context menu: Brink has posted a number of tutorials for removing specific program entries from the context menu. The screen shot is my current CM, showing two entries I'd like to get rid of. Is there a general method or places in the registry to look for? [img] 107356
  10. Enable or Disable Context Menus in the Start Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Context Menus in the Start Menu in Windows 10: How to: Enable or Disable Context Menus in the Start Menu in Windows 10 How to Enable or Disable Context Menus in the Start Menu in Windows 10 You can open a context menu in the Start Menu by right clicking or pressing and holding on an app's tile on the Start screen or...