Windows 10: remove contextual menu

Discus and support remove contextual menu in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; remove contextual menu cut and copy and create shortcut. Thank you. [img] 47558 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by layka30, Apr 16, 2016.

1. layka30 Win User

remove contextual menu

remove contextual menu cut and copy and create shortcut.
    Thank you.

remove contextual menu [​IMG]

:)

layka30, Apr 16, 2016

2. Windows 10 latest update RE control Panel

Why did Microsoft decide to remove "Control Panel" from the contextual menu.

Didn't they learn from the Windows 8 fiasco ?

It didn't hurt just to leave the Control Panel link there.

Is Microsoft IT being led by people who don't have any idea of the average user's needs ?

Think about it: removing the control panel from the contextual menu. WHY???

And then having the gall to tell you to type "Control Panel" in the search box...like Windows 8...

when it was already available on the menu !!!!!!

This is really insane.

PierreFauteux, Apr 16, 2016
  3. Contextual menu

Bonjour,

I just installed Windows 10 in a desktop PC.

I can't get the contextual menu with a right click on a desktop shortcut: how can I get it ?

(Other right clicks are OK)

Pierre

Pierre THOMAS, Apr 16, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

remove contextual menu

As far as I know you can't remove those context items that are native to Windows.

dalchina, Apr 16, 2016
  5. layka30 Win User
    It is that other if removed, but they do not know where they are or see them in the registry.

layka30, Apr 16, 2016
  6. Edwin New Member
    Many of those 'native' context menu entries have one or more CLSID, (Class Identifier), entries in the Registry that point toward the context menu's function in numerous areas of the OS.
    To find all of them in the Registry, making sure they are the proper ones, then disabling or eliminating them would probably start breaking things in the system.
    Best to leave them.

Edwin, Apr 16, 2016
  7. layka30 Win User
    and what are the keys to eliminating these?

layka30, Apr 16, 2016
  8. Edwin New Member

remove contextual menu

Your guess would be as good as mine!
    You could spend days upon days hunting through thousands and thousands of CLSID entries and still not be sure you've found the proper ones.
    Like I said, best to leave them.

Edwin, Apr 16, 2016
  9. layka30 Win User
    already, but I would find it, thanks

layka30, Apr 16, 2016
  10. Cliff S New Member
    There is also no single context menu.
    You have one for File Explorer, one for Desktop, Start Menu...etc.

Cliff S, Apr 16, 2016
  11. layka30 Win User
    and as I can find to remove those?
    Thank you

layka30, Apr 16, 2016
  12. BunnyJ New Member
    If you're really going to attempt this.. and I suggest you don't..

Backup your PC's registry first..

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

remove contextual menu

1. remove contextual menu - Similar Threads - remove contextual menu

2. The Toolbars item has disappeared from the taskbar contextual menu

in Windows 10 Customization
    The Toolbars item has disappeared from the taskbar contextual menu: This means I can no longer see my Quick Launch, which is annoying. Any thoughts? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-toolbars-item-has-disappeared-from-the-taskbar/36664bc0-7ec5-4079-8e71-79fd2a71c0a8
  3. Option "Open With" not appears in contextual menu of Windows 10

Option "Open With" not appears in contextual menu of Windows 10: Hello, everybody!: The key is present in the regedit of Windows, but not in contextual menu. Do somedoby help me with this trouble? Thank you, very much, in advance. Windows 10 version: 20H2 (comp. 662) x64. 169937
  4. Avalanche of contextual popups

in Windows 10 Support
    Avalanche of contextual popups: Hello all, I am inundated with contextual pops ups to the point pc practically useless. I hv tried everything found surfing incl resets (factory & keeping files) to eliminate them but to no avail. Malwarebytes shows pc to be malware/virus free. Any suggestions most welcome....
  5. Opening start menu causes any left click to open the contextual menu (right click) on top...

in Cortana
    Opening start menu causes any left click to open the contextual menu (right click) on top...: Hello! When I'm opening the start menu after a fresh startup, my left click works properly but opens the contextual menu. However, if I open the search bar, I get completely locked out of the start menu (I can still alt+TAB out of it) because of the contextual menu on top of...
  6. WMP no longer recognized in contextual menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMP no longer recognized in contextual menu: Ever since a day ago whenever I right click a generic folder with (only) music files in it, the "Add To WMP" and "Play With WMP" no longer show up. If I open any of those folders and right click on any music file those commands do show up. And after I've done that, if I close...
  7. WMP no longer recognized in contextual menu

in Windows 10 Support
    WMP no longer recognized in contextual menu: Ever since a day ago whenever I right click a generic folder with (only) music files in it, the "Add To WMP" and "Play With WMP" no longer show up. If I open any of those folders and right click on any music file those commands do show up. And after I've done that, if I close...
  8. User not recognized as administrator in Windows 10 - Items missing from contextual menu.

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    User not recognized as administrator in Windows 10 - Items missing from contextual menu.: Hi, I have a fresh install of Windows 10 Pro 64 with several internal hard drives, and I've noticed there are missing items in the right-click contextual menu in some of them. The only available option is "create new folder", but everything else is missing. [ATTACH]...
  9. Surface Pro Contextual Menu when clicking on desktop icons

Surface Pro Contextual Menu when clicking on desktop icons: I recently purchased a Surface Pro (2017) and have been enjoying it as my portal and more tablet like system. (( I use a high end rig as my primary)). Recently, I noticed that my contextual menus seem fine on most things, but when clicking on a desktop item (like trying to...
  10. Contextual click issues

in Windows 10 Support
    Contextual click issues: Whenever I right click in a folder to copy/paste or do anything, the contextual menu doesn't show up. Here's a sample of the problem attached. I've tried disabling shell extensions related to contextual stuff, didn't help. Any suggestions? It's frustrating as all get...