Windows 10: Remove Cortana and Microsoft Edge Permanently

Discus and support Remove Cortana and Microsoft Edge Permanently in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, How I can remove Cortana and Microsoft Edge permanently from Windows 10 Pro? I did this successfully by renaming specific folder in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Kishor Kaninde, Jun 12, 2019.

1. Remove Cortana and Microsoft Edge Permanently

Hi,

How I can remove Cortana and Microsoft Edge permanently from Windows 10 Pro?

I did this successfully by renaming specific folder in "systemapps". But after feature updates installation, it started to work again. Please guide how can i permanently remove Cortana & EDGE from my Windows 10 Pro.

:)

Kishor Kaninde, Jun 12, 2019

2. No Cortana Icon on Microsoft Edge

Hi Praveen,

It is possible that the Show search and site suggestions as I type option in Microsoft Edge isn't enabled which explains why the Cortana icon is not visible. To check, follow these steps:

• Open Microsoft Edge.
    • Click the Menu button (...).
    • Click Settings.
    • Scroll down and click View advanced settings.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Have Cortana assist me in Microsoft Edge
      option.

• Turn on the toggle switch for the Show search and site suggestions as I type option.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Aileen Alf, Jun 12, 2019
  3. curatia Win User
    Microsoft Edge TLS Security

After trying everything (not a lot of steps) listed in the Microsoft Edge support site, I did a wider search and found this very simple youtube video that fixed it immediately:

For those who prefer not to click links the steps are simple:

1. Click in the Cortana search bar next to the Win 10 Start button

2. Type internet options

3. Select internet options (control panel) from the list

4. Click on the advanced tab

5. Scroll down to the security section

6. Make sure the following are all clicked:
    Use SSL 3.0
    Use TLS 1.0
    Use TLS 1.1
    Use TLS 1.2

7. Click apply

8. Refresh the page that was giving the error and it should now connect.

Hope this helps, it was a 30 second fix after hours of pounding my head against the error with the Support site suggestions.

curatia, Jun 12, 2019
  4. Remove Cortana and Microsoft Edge Permanently

Microsoft Edge and Cortana not working

I have had several issues with Microsoft Edge. Originally Edge would not stay open more than a second for one of my users. (it worked for my other user and chrome still worked for both users). At the same time Cortana did not allow me to type in a question.
    I could search for help using settings but not the Cortana box next to start.

I checked other posts and followed several of the suggested actions.

1) using power shell and a code listed in the community (sorry I could find that thread again for exact code)

2) scanning using sfc/scannow - no issues listed

3) performing a restore heath

4) going to an earlier restore point (before the last update)

5) finally deleting the MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbwe folder and resetting in powershellthis last step at least allowed me to open Edge (the others did not work). I can access Edge again and access the internet fine. The Cortana is still
    not working

At least one Edge feature is not working. There may be others but I haven't spent time investigating

Comparing the Edge folders in my user account and the other user account (that always worked and it's favorite feature is working), the ones in my account have several missing. I even tried copying those files from the other user to mine and I have erased
    and reset the Edge again using the step 5 above with no change

The features that I noticed not working is the Favorites. I know how to turn on the favorite bar and I have but when I click favorites to add a favorite, there is no option to save, add a folder, or chose a favorite folder (such as favorite bar). Those
    options are not even highlighted (they are greyed out). The action to import from Chrome is not working either. My Edge version is Microsoft Edge 38.14393.1066.0 I did get an update a few days ago (end of June) and I haven't been on this user account very
    often so I had originally thought the issues could have stared with this update.

I was hoping someone had another suggestion. I have read several posts that all have similar suggestions and follow all or some of the 5 steps above. I just didn't seem to get a complete return to normal. I remember someone suggested adding another user
    account; I just hated starting over and this is my admin account.

Thank you

CobbGolson, Jun 12, 2019
Thema:

Remove Cortana and Microsoft Edge Permanently

1. Remove Cortana and Microsoft Edge Permanently - Similar Threads - Remove Cortana Microsoft

2. HOW TO REMOVE EDGE PERMANENTLY I HATE IT!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HOW TO REMOVE EDGE PERMANENTLY I HATE IT!!!!: I WANT EDGE OFF MY COMPUTER--THERE IS NO LIVE PERSON AND THIS PROGRAM IS LOUSY. I DO NOT WANT IT NEAR ME!!! THAT IS HOW BAD IT IS TO ME. I AM SO DISGUSTED AND WILL NEVER BUY A COMPUTER LIKE THIS AGAIN--I WILL NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING MICROSOFT AGAIN IF I AM UNABLE TO REMOVE EDGE...
  3. HOW TO REMOVE EDGE PERMANENTLY I HATE IT!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HOW TO REMOVE EDGE PERMANENTLY I HATE IT!!!!: I WANT EDGE OFF MY COMPUTER--THERE IS NO LIVE PERSON AND THIS PROGRAM IS LOUSY. I DO NOT WANT IT NEAR ME!!! THAT IS HOW BAD IT IS TO ME. I AM SO DISGUSTED AND WILL NEVER BUY A COMPUTER LIKE THIS AGAIN--I WILL NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING MICROSOFT AGAIN IF I AM UNABLE TO REMOVE EDGE...
  4. Microsoft Edge removal

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Microsoft Edge removal: So i used IObit uninstaller to remove the microsoft edge bloatware. However when i switched my PC on today i noticed this: https://gyazo.com/0ef6952ca32f3d3bfc93953e3c486d80 For the moment I've chosen to pause updates while i try to figure out if there's a way i can get rid...
  5. How to disable Edge or permanently remove it.

How to disable Edge or permanently remove it.: Hello. The new Edge was installed on my machine. I didn't ask for it. I don't want it. It even did put an icon on my taskbart. I consider that very obtrusive. MS has put some great effort to discourage this, which only fuels my desire to get rid of it. What's the best way...
  6. How Can I Permanently Remove Edge

How Can I Permanently Remove Edge: I got a notification that I have to update Edge. I do not even use Edge. I do not want to be rude but I would never, ever use Edge. I am not saying what I think of that privacy-invading app because I'm trying to be calm but I am getting frustrated that I cannot easily disable...
  7. Remove Edge permanently

Remove Edge permanently: Is there a way to remove MS Edge permanently? I’ve uninstalled it several times but it keeps coming back, now I’ve done a factory reset and it’s still here. Any way I can keep it gone? I want to put Firefox on here and have it be the ONLY browser on here unless I like...
  8. Microsoft Edge and Cortana

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge and Cortana: I also hate these two programs and it is unacceptable that Microsoft is trying to decide for us, what programs are beneficial. They need to write a patch to completely remove these two programs(they are not apps, apps are on an Android phone, by the way app is an acronym...
  9. Removing Cortana permanently?

Removing Cortana permanently?: Is it true that there is no way to permanently remove Cortana in W10 home so it does not run in the background or report back to MS? I've searched the web, taken possession of the searchui file and disabled it, but task manager shows it restarting and running in the...
  10. Removing Cortana, Microsoft Edge, Settings from all apps list

Removing Cortana, Microsoft Edge, Settings from all apps list: First off Hello everybody and sorry this is my first post I am normally just a lurker. This forum, even though I have never posted ,has been a huge help with quite a few things and a great resource in general. Trying to clear out the All Apps list on the start menu. Most...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. remove cortana and edge permanently

2. unistall cortana

3. unistall microsoft edge and cortana