Windows 10: Remove cortana from this computer as it will never be used.

Discus and support Remove cortana from this computer as it will never be used. in Cortana to solve the problem; Want to remove Cortana from my computer as it will never be used by me.... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by LeoMercier, Dec 8, 2019.

1. Remove cortana from this computer as it will never be used.

Want to remove Cortana from my computer as it will never be used by me.

:)

LeoMercier, Dec 8, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Cortana's bug

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Cortana might have been hidden, you can enable Cortana by following the below mentioned steps:

1. Right click on the taskbar and click on Cortana.
    2. Select the option Show search box or Show Cortana icon.

However, you can follow the troubleshooting steps from
    Troubleshoot problems with the Start menu or Cortana

NOTE: The last step in the article mentioned is to Reset the PC. Resetting the PC will remove the data and programs/applications installed on the computer. We suggest you to take a data backup if you want to reset the PC.

If the above steps didn’t help you fix the problem, reply to the following questions:

• Since when are you facing this issue?
    • Have you made any changes to the computer recently?

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking Yes or No.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 8, 2019
  3. [WINDOWS 10] Cortana not using voice to respond

Hi,

Are you able to hear other sounds from your computer?

I would suggest that you run a SFC scan and check. Follow the below steps :

• Press Windows + X
    • Click Command prompt (Admin)
    • Type sfc /scannow
    • Press Enter

Check if issue still occurs with Cortana.

Vinod Archak, Dec 8, 2019
  4. Ruz San Win User

Remove cortana from this computer as it will never be used.

Cortana

Hi,

A Windows service may be preventing you from enabling Cortana on your computer. Please answer a few things for us to know how we can deliver the best resolution to your concern:

• Do you get any errors when you switch on Cortana?
    • What suggestions have you tried?

See Sachin Venkatesh's suggestion on this
    page
    to enable Cortana on your computer.

Let us know if you're able to fix the problem after following the steps.

Come back if you need additional assistance.

Ruz San, Dec 8, 2019
Thema:

Remove cortana from this computer as it will never be used.

1. Remove cortana from this computer as it will never be used. - Similar Threads - Remove cortana computer

2. Removing Window from computer no longer using

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing Window from computer no longer using: I was terminated from my place of employment. Before I left I forgot to close my one drive access and remove my windows profile from the computer. If I remove the device from my profile will that also close the One-drive as well??...
  3. Removing Cortana From Startup

in Cortana
    Removing Cortana From Startup: How do I remove Cortana from the startup. I'm able to disable it bot not delete it. Is there a way to uninstall Cortana? I checked 2 Run keys in the Registry but it isn't listed in either. I thought there were 3 places in the registry that has the Run key. Can anyone...
  4. Cortana Never Works

in Cortana
    Cortana Never Works: Hey guys, My Cortana didn,t work If ya guys Know the solution please tell it to me as soon as possible Cortana don,t work, now search always tire me Problem Cortana don,t ever work Result Ended up, tiring search Can ya please tell me a solution to this problem?...
  5. how to remove cortana from computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    how to remove cortana from computer: how do I remove cortana from my computer. It is useless and eats cycles. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/how-to-remove-cortana-from-computer/b1f594fd-6701-4393-be6e-5d53dc3eada9
  6. I want to remove Cortana from my computer

in Cortana
    I want to remove Cortana from my computer: as above * Original title: I want to remove Cortana from my computer, don't give me advice or boring chit chat, just tell me how to remove this **** ****!...
  7. Remove cortana from start menu

in Cortana
    Remove cortana from start menu: Seeking for assist on removing cortana from start menu. Tried the method below 1) using registry set 0 value on “AllowCortana” to disable. 2) On desktop, right click to hide cortana None of the above, work to remove cortana from start menu. please assist....
  8. REMOVING CORTANA

in Windows 10 Customization
    REMOVING CORTANA: I want CORTANA GONE. I do not and will not use it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/removing-cortana/bb919d6e-1f7f-4cc9-b39c-cc5244a56caa
  9. cortana removal

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cortana removal: Can someone please show me how to remove Cortana.Find it a nuisance. 36087
  10. "Cortana never sleeps"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "Cortana never sleeps": I have Win 10 build 10147 and one of the things that's run amok is Cortana just pops up her head and says something like "somethings wrong please try again later". I am AFK watching TV when it happens. Nothing is running, that I can see. Its getting more frequent so I am...