Windows 10: Remove date/time from lock screen for Windows-10 corporate laptop

Discus and support Remove date/time from lock screen for Windows-10 corporate laptop in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; My new Windows 10 laptop shows the time in large font in the lock screen. For many people, this is not an issue, but for a significant portion, it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by FrankyMacky, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Remove date/time from lock screen for Windows-10 corporate laptop

My new Windows 10 laptop shows the time in large font in the lock screen. For many people, this is not an issue, but for a significant portion, it is [1]. I'm often trying to get stuff done late into the night. At home, I try to hide all indications of the exact time because it just creates anxiety. This in turn makes it hard to get to sleep when I eventually do.

Of my three Windows 10 laptops, two are not configured to be on a coporate network. I was able two remove the date/time from both of these. None of the procedures found online, however, have worked for the corporate laptop. To attempt various solutions, my network account was given administrator rights. Additionally, a local administrator account was also created for me. Neither measure seems to have helped.

The solutions I've tried started with what I could find in the answers.microsoft.com thread at reference [1]. My search expanded from there, but not much else was found. Here is what I've tried.

Start > Settings > Personalizations > Lock screen

For both local and network accounts, all controls are grayed out except for the following which did not help:

"Show lock screen background picture on the sign-in screen"

Using the local administrator account to access `regedit`, I went to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE
    > SOFTWARE
    > Policies
    > Microsoft
    > Windows
    > Personalization

In there, I created a new 32-bit DWORD `NoLockScreen` and set it to `1`. No luck.

Using my network account to access `gpedit.msc`, I enabled the following, without success:

Local Computer Policy
    > Administrative Templates
    > Control Panel
    > Personalization
    > Do not display the lock screen

Following the `superuser` page at reference [2], I renamed `Microsoft.LockApp_XXXXX` to `Microsoft.LockApp_XXXXX.bak`.

The only thing I haven't tried is the Windows 8 suggestion at reference [3], as I do not want to mess up the date/time dispaly format for my locale.

Why would these solutions not work on a corporate laptop only, and why are my lock screen personalization controls grayed out?

-----------------------------------------------------------------

NOTES

[1] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start/how-to-remove-windows-10-lock-screen-clock-and/dc045015-cb57-4954-87a7-6762b3361c2f

[2] https://superuser.com/questions/1253440/windows-10-lock-screen-remove-date-time

[3] https://dottech.org/99287/windows-8-how-to-customize-the-clock-on-lock-screen

:)

FrankyMacky, Sep 29, 2020
  2. Pavan_N Win User

Change position or remove date & time in lock screen

Hi Oshith,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I would like to inform you that you cannot change the position or remove date and time in lock screen it is by design.

I suggest you to use
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/preview-updates-feedback-pc

Thanks

Pavan_N, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Sep 29, 2020
  4. mrgeek Win User

Remove date/time from lock screen for Windows-10 corporate laptop

mrgeek, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Remove date/time from lock screen for Windows-10 corporate laptop

1. Remove date/time from lock screen for Windows-10 corporate laptop - Similar Threads - Remove date lock

2. Windows 10 Lock Screen Not Showing Time and Date

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Lock Screen Not Showing Time and Date: My Windows 10 lock screen isn't showing the time and the date. I searched it up and this issue has been resolved before and I tried doing the methods they are asking. The sign in timeout didn't work, and killing "LockApp.exe" is impossible when it is nonexistent in Task...
  3. Windows 10 Lock Screen Not Showing Time and Date

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Lock Screen Not Showing Time and Date: My Windows 10 lock screen isn't showing the time and the date. I searched it up and this issue has been resolved before and I tried doing the methods they are asking. The sign in timeout didn't work, and killing "LockApp.exe" is impossible when it is nonexistent in Task...
  4. Windows 10 Lock Screen Not Showing Time and Date

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
  5. How to Remove Date/Time from Timeout/Lock/Welcome Screen Win 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to Remove Date/Time from Timeout/Lock/Welcome Screen Win 11: Hi, is there a way to remove the date & time from the timeout-lock/welcome screen in win 11? I liked just seeing welcome & my screen name when I had win 10....
  6. How to Remove Date/Time from Timeout/Lock/Welcome Screen Win 11

How to Remove Date/Time from Timeout/Lock/Welcome Screen Win 11: Hi, is there a way to remove the date & time from the timeout-lock/welcome screen in win 11? I liked just seeing welcome & my screen name when I had win 10....
  7. Remove Time from Windows 11 Lock Screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remove Time from Windows 11 Lock Screen?: I managed to do this in Windows 10, 3 years ago. After recently upgrading to Windows 11, the time is showing prominently when I lock the screen. I am afraid I don't remember what I did in 2018 to make it go away on Windows 10. A true 'screen saver' does not present an image...
  8. Remove Time from Windows 11 Lock Screen?

Remove Time from Windows 11 Lock Screen?: I managed to do this in Windows 10, 3 years ago. After recently upgrading to Windows 11, the time is showing prominently when I lock the screen. I am afraid I don't remember what I did in 2018 to make it go away on Windows 10. A true 'screen saver' does not present an image...
  9. How to remove windows 10 lock screen clock and date

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to remove windows 10 lock screen clock and date: REMOVE WIN10 CLOCK ON LOCKSCREEN WORKAROUND So I attempted to find an answer to this with no real solution that wouldn't compromise my Windows 10 OS. The only option was to eliminate the lock screen, which was not a viable solution. The thread was locked that I wanted to...
  10. remove date from date and time on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    remove date from date and time on the taskbar: How can I remove the date "Wednesday" please [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-date-from-date-and-time-on-the-taskbar/a9037be2-2627-469e-a4a7-a9c7d552dcf3