Windows 10: Remove dead items from the 'select which icons appear on the taskbar'

Discus and support Remove dead items from the 'select which icons appear on the taskbar' in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I've uninstalled a few programs to replace them with others, however despite being removed the icons still appear in the 'select which icons... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by zooburner, Mar 1, 2021.

1. zooburner Win User

Remove dead items from the 'select which icons appear on the taskbar'

Hi,

I've uninstalled a few programs to replace them with others, however despite being removed the icons still appear in the 'select which icons appear on the taskbar' menu.

Is there a way to remove them from this listing ?

:)

zooburner, Mar 1, 2021
  2. FrankS Win User

Safely Remove Hardware icon missing

Hi
    In the last few days the 'Safely Remove Hardware' icon has gone missing from my Taskbar. Also, if I right-click on the USB stick or USB hard drive in 'This Computer' the Eject option is missing.
    In PC Settings/Personalisation/Taskbar/Notification area/Select which icons appear on the taskbar I have 'Always show all icons in the notification area' switched on & all items in the list are in the 'on' state including 'Windows Explorer (Safely Remove Hardware & Eject Media).
    Any suggestions?

FrankS, Mar 1, 2021
  3. Windows 10: "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" Question

Good Evening:

When accessing "Select which icons appear on the taskbar" via
    Settings>Personalization>Taskbar>Select which icons appear on the taskbar
    link
    , I noticed that there are icons listed for software that has been
    uninstalled from my computer. Is there a way to remove (or clean up) those icons, as they serve no purpose, as the software no longer resides on my computer.

I have Windows 10 ver. 1803 installed.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

John M. L., Mar 1, 2021
  4. Remove dead items from the 'select which icons appear on the taskbar'

How to remove an Icon of "eConnect by Harris School Solutions" on my Taskbar

Hi Graceimson,

I suggest you to follow the below steps to remove the "eConnect by Harris School Solutions"
    from the taskbar and check if it helps.

• Right click on the icon "eConnect by Harris School Solutions".
    • Click on “Unpin from Taskbar” the icon will be removed from the taskbar.

Please get back to us with an update on this issue, we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Karthicka_R, Mar 1, 2021
Thema:

Remove dead items from the 'select which icons appear on the taskbar'

1. Remove dead items from the 'select which icons appear on the taskbar' - Similar Threads - Remove dead items

2. How to remove program from Select which icons appear on the taskbar

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove program from Select which icons appear on the taskbar: I installed a program called eXtrabuttons and then uninstalled it but it still shows in "Select which icons appear on the taskbar". I did a search on the registry and removed all references to the program (xb.exe). How do I get rid of this thing??? 176855
  3. Command line to get "select which icons appear on the taskbar"

in Windows 10 Support
    Command line to get "select which icons appear on the taskbar": Hi, In windows 10, if i run : ms-settings:taskbar i get the taskbar settings I wish to get the screen : "select which icons appear on the taskbar" Any way ? Thank you so much! 131746
  4. Command line to get "select which icons appear on the taskbar"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Command line to get "select which icons appear on the taskbar": Hi, In windows 10, if i run : ms-settings:taskbar i get the taskbar settings I wish to get the screen : "select which icons appear on the taskbar" Any way ? Thank you so much! 131746
  5. Select which icon appear on the Taskbar

in Windows 10 Customization
    Select which icon appear on the Taskbar: I have already uninstalled an app. But option 'on/off' for that application is not removed from setting 'Select which icon appear on the Taskbar'. That should be removed after uninstallation. But still showing. Please inform me how to remove that option from Setting. All apps...
  6. Select which icons appear on the taskbar blank Icon's

in Windows 10 Support
    Select which icons appear on the taskbar blank Icon's: Hello. I have one question, sorry for my english... is not to good *Sad. I have windows 10 and recently y clean my taskbar icons with the .reg posted in this site. My question is: Is normal that when i don't have or use a program in the taskbar the icon show in blank...
  7. Old entries still appear on "SELECT WHICH ICONS APPEAR ON THE TASKBAR"

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Old entries still appear on "SELECT WHICH ICONS APPEAR ON THE TASKBAR": Hi folks, First time posting here. Hopefully one of you registry whiz-kids can help me out. Basically, I know it's a little thing, but it's certainly bothered me enough to set up an account here at TenForums. I'm something of a neatness freak, y'know. So, if you go...
  8. Problem with "Select Which Icons Appear On Taskbar"

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem with "Select Which Icons Appear On Taskbar": This question has been asked before, "I have a question, under "Start Menu -> Settings -> Notifications & actions -> Select icons which appear on the taskbar", how does one do maintenance on the list so it only shows items that are currently installed as it seems uninstalled...
  9. Shortcut to "select which icons appear on the taskbar"

in Windows 10 Support
    Shortcut to "select which icons appear on the taskbar": My challenge is that I'm running a program that refuses to retain it's taskbar setting to always show. So, everytime I reboot, I have to go to "System\Notifications & actions\Select which icons appear on the taskbar" and find the program (it's Choicemail) and toggle on the...
  10. Select which Icons appear on Taskbar - Contains multiple duplicates

in Windows 10 Support
    Select which Icons appear on Taskbar - Contains multiple duplicates: Hello, I seem to have multiple entries for multiple processes in the Windows 10 area "Select which Icons appear on Taskbar". I was thinking about trying CCleaner to fix this, but if anyone knows the specific registry entries that need to be deleted and/or flags that need...