Windows 10: Remove dead Startup programs or Invalid entries from Task Manager in Windows 10

Discus and support Remove dead Startup programs or Invalid entries from Task Manager in Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; In the Windows 10 Task Manager, you can enable or disable items listed in the Startup tab, but no option is provided to delete the obsolete entries.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Apr 8, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Remove dead Startup programs or Invalid entries from Task Manager in Windows 10

In the Windows 10 Task Manager, you can enable or disable items listed in the Startup tab, but no option is provided to delete the obsolete entries. With the continuous use of the PC, old entries may accumulate in the Startup tab as and when you uninstall programs that you no longer use. In this […]

This article Remove dead Startup programs or Invalid entries from Task Manager in Windows 10 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Apr 8, 2021

2. Task Manager - Startup tab

Actually, I like your suggestion as a first step.

Unchecking the wrong thing in Autoruns can brick a system.

OldNavyGuy, Apr 8, 2021
  3. thomaseg1 Win User
    thomaseg1, Apr 8, 2021
  4. Remove dead Startup programs or Invalid entries from Task Manager in Windows 10

Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs

I am using Windows 10 Home up-to-date. Just found this entry (Program) in my Task Manager-Startup Programs. It has no identification except 'Program' . On right click it doesn't show any properties or location just the enable or disable button. I have disabled it but am just curious as to what I can do to remove this program. Thanks for any info I can get on this.

Remove dead Startup programs or Invalid entries from Task Manager in Windows 10 [​IMG]

Paliser326, Apr 8, 2021
Thema:

Remove dead Startup programs or Invalid entries from Task Manager in Windows 10

1. Remove dead Startup programs or Invalid entries from Task Manager in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remove dead Startup

2. Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab: I'm able to disable Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Teams and Windows Terminal in the Task Bar Startup tab but I haven't found a way to remove them.I've checked both 'Run' keys in the registry but they aren't there.Is there a way to remove these entries??James...
  3. Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Entries From the Task Manager Startup Tab: I'm able to disable Microsoft Edge, Microsoft Teams and Windows Terminal in the Task Bar Startup tab but I haven't found a way to remove them.I've checked both 'Run' keys in the registry but they aren't there.Is there a way to remove these entries??James...
  4. Program called "Program" in Task manager startup

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program called "Program" in Task manager startup: [IMG] It seems to be a webcompanion file but I already deleted webcompanion. Is this a bug or a virus of some sort? How do I remove It? https://preview.redd.it/82yy4oc4ovn61.png?width=1172&format=png&auto=webp&s=68360225e8910df543757e443f0fd3e0c4a64bb0 submitted by...
  5. Clean Startup entries on Task Manager

in Windows 10 Support
    Clean Startup entries on Task Manager: Hello everyone. I hope you all are doing well this days. So, well. My question is, how can I delete some 'void' entries on the Startup tab on the Task Manager. Here's my screen and what I want to delete. I suspect them are two old entries from uninstalled software. [img]...
  6. Remedy unidentified entry in Task Manager's StartUps ?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remedy unidentified entry in Task Manager's StartUps ?: In Task Manager's StartUp there is an entry : 'PROGRAM', whose USEFUL Context Menu entries are greyed out. If 'Command Line' is ticked in the Context Menu of the Column Headings, the command line of ALL the entries becomes visible, thus identifying the programs - and they all...
  7. Remove startup program not showing in Task Manager

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove startup program not showing in Task Manager: Old software that I use regularly slows the boot process and other applications. I cannot find it in any "startup" folder (even Task Manager). There are two registry entries in Computer\HKEY_USERS\ ... (etc.) ending with ...\program.exe\shell\open\command It does...
  8. Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unknown program in Task Manager-Startup Programs: I am using Windows 10 Home up-to-date. Just found this entry (Program) in my Task Manager-Startup Programs. It has no identification except 'Program' . On right click it doesn't show any properties or location just the enable or disable button. I have disabled it but am just...
  9. How to remove entry's from startup

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    How to remove entry's from startup: Hello all,is there a way to remove entry's from the startup menu? I know you can disable them but i would like to remove entry's to some programs that are not even on my computer but are still listed in the startup menu as disabled. (I like to keep things looking neat)*Smile...
  10. Can't remove items from Task Manager-Startup

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't remove items from Task Manager-Startup: Hello ! When I was using windows 7 , I was able to delete an item from startup list ( MsConfig-Startup), using this Registry path: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSConfig\startupreg But on windows 10 there's no a such path. ( I don't want to...