Windows 10: Remove default Apps from Windows 10

Discus and support Remove default Apps from Windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; This will help you get rid of some unwanted apps coming with windows 10: Remove default Apps from Windows 10 See also: Apps - Uninstall in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by rezpower, Aug 9, 2015.

1. rezpower Win User

Remove default Apps from Windows 10

rezpower, Aug 9, 2015

2. Change the default application for files to open with

Original title: Default app by file type

how do you remove a default app by file type from windows 10

ChristyHeyward, Aug 9, 2015
  3. remove TWINUI from default apps

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We understand your concern and we will provide the assistance required to help you resolve the issue.

Twinui this is of special importance for those doing background processing, live & secondary tiles. In the documentation it is either called just TWinUI or it is called Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI.

To tackle this issue, I would suggest that you perform System Restore which will return your computer back to it original state. System Restore helps you restore your computer's system files to an earlier point in time. It's a way to undo system changes
    to your computer without affecting your personal files, such as e‑mail, documents, or photos. To perform restore refer to the article provided below

Recovery options in Windows 10 -
    Windows Help

As for the issue that you are facing with your Start Menu, I would suggest that you run the scans below and check if you find any system file errors.

Method 1: SFC

System File Checker [SFC] scan on the computer which will replace the missing or corrupt files & check if the issue persists.

a. Right click on the Start Menu, locate and select Command Prompt (Admin).

Note: If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click Continue.

b. Type the following command, and then press
    ENTER
    :

sfc /scannow

Method 2: DISM

1) Press Windows + x on your keyboard.

2) Select Command prompt (Admin) to open Administrator Command Prompt.

3) In the Administrator: Command Prompt window, type the following commands. Press the Enter key after each command:

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth

dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 9, 2015
Thema:

Remove default Apps from Windows 10

1. Remove default Apps from Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Remove default Apps

2. How to remove an uninstalled app from the default apps list?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove an uninstalled app from the default apps list?: I uninstalled Calibre an e-book reader. After uninstalling, I noticed that when I right click a .epub file, Calibre still appears as an option. Clicking on it does nothing because it is uninstalled.I suspected that I may still get shown the option to open files with Calibre...
  3. How to remove an uninstalled app from the default apps list?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove an uninstalled app from the default apps list?: I uninstalled Calibre an e-book reader. After uninstalling, I noticed that when I right click a .epub file, Calibre still appears as an option. Clicking on it does nothing because it is uninstalled.I suspected that I may still get shown the option to open files with Calibre...
  4. How to remove broken entries from default apps

How to remove broken entries from default apps: The keywords are unfortunate and didn't lead to relevant results, just posts trying to remove the default Microsoft apps. I'm trying to remove dead entries that don't work from the default apps settings. Does a method exist?...
  5. Removing "Default App" setting from file type

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing "Default App" setting from file type: I am running Windows 10. I accidentally chose a default app to open a certain type of file and now I can't set it back to "none". I do not want ANY app associated with this file type. How do I fix this? I already tried creating a dummy .exe file to associate it with and...
  6. Removing "Default App" setting from file type

Removing "Default App" setting from file type: I am running Windows 10. I accidentally chose a default app to open a certain type of file and now I can't set it back to "none". I do not want ANY app associated with this file type. How do I fix this? I already tried creating a dummy .exe file to associate it with and...
  7. Removing "Default App" setting from file type

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. remove default app

remove default app: How do I set there to be no default web browser program? I like to choose every time, but today I accidentally clicked Firefox when the "make this the default app" box was ticked. 161018
  9. Remove Firefox from default apps

Remove Firefox from default apps: I am using FirefoxPortable and uninstalled Firefox, but both are showing in Default Apps, how to I remove Firefox? 160131
  10. remove TWINUI from default apps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    remove TWINUI from default apps: I have used and scanned using sfc/scannow , I have used DISM after being logged in as Admin. I have still not removed TWINUI from being selected in default apps. I can still open files I wish after "opening with" which is a nuisance, I still want to remove TWINUI as it...