Windows 10: Remove default blue tile from Microsoft Edge on Start Menu app list

Discus and support Remove default blue tile from Microsoft Edge on Start Menu app list in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was able to either uninstall the other apps with a default blue tile Camera, Calculator, Photos, Paint 3D..., or use a third-party software to change... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Ricardo Casares, Jan 16, 2021.

1. Remove default blue tile from Microsoft Edge on Start Menu app list

I was able to either uninstall the other apps with a default blue tile Camera, Calculator, Photos, Paint 3D..., or use a third-party software to change the colour, but with Microsoft Edge none of the methods worked. So I know that Microsoft Edge is near-impossible to uninstall, but is there a way to change the tile colour, at least? It's the only one that doesn't match. Thank you!

Remove default blue tile from Microsoft Edge on Start Menu app list 3b595815-0712-4b95-b9e5-efe658eeaa1f?upload=true.png

:)

Ricardo Casares, Jan 16, 2021
  2. dalchina Win User

Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

The shortcut is not listed in the start menu folders...

And I'm surprised you see Edge at all if you've done as suggested..

dalchina, Jan 16, 2021
  3. jc351226 Win User
    Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

Thank you guys so much for the replies. So a bit of things I have tried was renaming the files so they should not launch. I have added the new file names in the GPO as restricted apps to not be able to be used but the edge app is still listed in the start menu. and just clicking on it rings up a dead edge window prompting you of the lack of internet connection. But if you type C:\ in the bar it will open a file explorer in the root of C. i have been fighting with this new image for about 2 weeks now. It is locked down very tight. And the final step is doing away with the Edge icon. If i could just permanently hide or delete that icon I would be thoroughly finished. Thank you so much for your replies and I did follow those steps which did help to a certain extent. But since the application is still installed I guess the app will be listed in the installed app listing.

jc351226, Jan 16, 2021
  4. Remove default blue tile from Microsoft Edge on Start Menu app list

Windows 10 I can't remove a tile from the start menu.

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

From the description provided, I understand that you want to remove a tile from the start screen of a deleted folder.

Use the following steps to remove tiles from your Start Screen.

Please follow the below steps to remove the tile.

• Press the Windows (
      Remove default blue tile from Microsoft Edge on Start Menu app list [​IMG]
      ) key
      to open the Start screen.
    • Right-click on the tile you want to remove.
    • Select Unpin from Start to remove the tile.
    Ideally, the above steps should remove the tile which you want to. However, if it fails to, I would suggest you to Restore Default Start Screen Tiles. Please follow the below steps.

• Press the Windows key + R from the keyboard to open the Run Command Dialog Box.
    • Enter the following command: %LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Windows, which will open the Microsoft Windows App-data folder.
    • Scroll down to find these two files, namely, item-data file and the item-data.bak.
    • Select both files to delet, right-click on it and select Delete option to send it to the Recycle bin. Don’t press Shift to delete it permanently, let it go to recycle bin. On the safe side you can make a backup copy of these two files on another disk location.
    • Restart your PC or log out and log in again. Now you will see Windows 8.x Start Screen reset to default tiles.
    • Now re-arrange the tile as you want and new tiles will also be created automatily when you install any apps from Store.
    Note: If anything went wrong and you want to revert start screen tiles to your tiles. restore item data files from recycle bin or from the location where you backed up to the Windows app data folder.

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you.

Thank You.

Sayan_Ghosh, Jan 16, 2021
Thema:

Remove default blue tile from Microsoft Edge on Start Menu app list

1. Remove default blue tile from Microsoft Edge on Start Menu app list - Similar Threads - Remove default blue

2. Removing Microsoft Store Tile from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Microsoft Store Tile from Start Menu: I want to remove this either through registry or through GPO so it does not display as a tile. I logged in with local admin credentials and unpinned it but still it appears for other users .I want only Microsoft Edge to appear and not the STORE....
  3. Removing Microsoft Store Tile from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removing Microsoft Store Tile from Start Menu: I want to remove this either through registry or through GPO so it does not display as a tile. I logged in with local admin credentials and unpinned it but still it appears for other users .I want only Microsoft Edge to appear and not the STORE....
  4. Removing Microsoft Store Tile from Start Menu

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

in Browsers and Email
    Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing: Hi, i am currently working with Elitedesk 705 G3 mini and running Windows 10 Pro. I work at a prison and will be using these machines for inmate access, So I need them to be locked down completely. I have gone through the GPO and made a set for non-Admins and pretty much...
  6. Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing

in Windows 10 Support
    Attempting to remove EDGE from the Start menu alphabetical listing: Hi, i am currently working with Elitedesk 705 G3 mini and running Windows 10 Pro. I work at a prison and will be using these machines for inmate access, So I need them to be locked down completely. I have gone through the GPO and made a set for non-Admins and pretty much...
  7. Start menu tiles (add app that dose not show in list of apps)

Start menu tiles (add app that dose not show in list of apps): [ATTACH] Hi, i have recently downgraded skype to more usable version, but the older version dose not show in my start menu's tiles. i would like to add it into the quick start icons because that helps me manage my space better on the quickstart. Just to give you an idea...
  8. Default Start Menu/Tiles

Default Start Menu/Tiles: Just a question about the default start menu/tiles. Originally I didn't like the look of the tiles so I removed them however now I'm thinking I may actually like them. So is there a way I can get the default start menu/tiles back? 14358
  9. Start Menu Tile Taken from Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Start Menu Tile Taken from Edge: I am on a webpage in Edge and save the page to start menu that's easy. My question is: Is there a way of renaming the tile, at the moment the only options I get are to unpin, resize or remove. 25312
  10. Start Menu (Remove Tiles)

in Windows 10 Support
    Start Menu (Remove Tiles): Hey all, I beta tested Windows 10 several months back, previous to the version I tested, if you removed all the pined tiles from the start menu, it would look more like the conventional start menu. However in the few version I tested, even if you unpinned all the tiles,...