Windows 10: Remove defunct MS account

Discus and support Remove defunct MS account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi - My Windows 10 setup is linked to an account associated with an old email that doesn't exist anymore. I can't remember the password, so I can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Anton K777, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Remove defunct MS account

Hi -

My Windows 10 setup is linked to an account associated with an old email that doesn't exist anymore. I can't remember the password, so I can't get into it. But it's the administrator account so it seems I can't do anything without accessing it.

I did manage to close the account from another machine on which I still had the password saved, so hopefully it will permanently shut in 60 days. But now when I want to go into it on this laptop, I keep getting stuck, and I can't remove the account because I can't get into it, and it's the admin account. What will happen after 60 days when it disappears? Will I then be invited to join with my new MS account?

It's a real hassle because it keeps asking me to update my account but I can't because of the dead wood of this old and now nonexistent email.

thanks

AK

:)

Anton K777, Jun 13, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

How to remove defunct Email Address from Account

It is normal to get a code like that for two-step verification.

You should be seeing this below from the link I posted above after signing in with your Microsoft account.

This is where you can manage your aliases for your Microsoft account.

Remove defunct MS account [​IMG]

Brink, Jun 13, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Jun 13, 2020
  4. Artificer Win User

Remove defunct MS account

How to remove defunct Email Address from Account

Unsure where to post this so I have defaulted to here.

Up until 29th March this year I was with a different ISP to what I have now.
    Associated with my Windows 10 Account I have a defunct Email Address.
    I have added the Email Address from my new ISP but cannot remove the old defunct address.

Help would be appreciated.

Artificer, Jun 13, 2020
Thema:

Remove defunct MS account

1. Remove defunct MS account - Similar Threads - Remove defunct account

2. Question of removal of computer in MS account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Question of removal of computer in MS account: I have a question, I have read and understand about removal of computer for a two computers in a MS account does not effect the other one is that the same if both computers have same name? When I log into bother computers I only see one computer in MS account...
  3. Account recovery with defunct Email, authenticator troubles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account recovery with defunct Email, authenticator troubles: I am trying ultimately reset my password for my Microsoft Account, However I no longer have access to my email account.My autofill passwords no longer work.I have tried to reset the old email through their services, and can not.I have tried the recovery form several times...
  4. Defunct Printer Removal

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Defunct Printer Removal: Curious Problem...... I have Epson printer which has/had an very long name. Reduced it to exact model rather than series of models. Now, opening up Word to print a document, I see the 'original name' printer with the comment "Delete: 1 document waiting". The 'new...
  5. Removing a MS account without password

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing a MS account without password: I had a school account and a normal personal use account. Only the school account got removed i think and it gives me a notification everytime i start windows 10 that my work or school account has problems. Only thing is, if i want to remove the account to not get the message...
  6. How to remove defunct Email Address from Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove defunct Email Address from Account: Unsure where to post this so I have defaulted to here. Up until 29th March this year I was with a different ISP to what I have now. Associated with my Windows 10 Account I have a defunct Email Address. I have added the Email Address from my new ISP but cannot remove the old...
  7. Remove a defunct email account that is linked to my windows 10 mail.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove a defunct email account that is linked to my windows 10 mail.: I am unable to remove a defunct email account that is linked to my windows 10 mail, the email account is no longer valid so I could not log in if I did have the password. Windows 10 keeps insisting that I log in, but that account does not exist any longer. How can I detach it...
  8. Removing PC from MS account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing PC from MS account: I got a new computer and when I set it up Iinked it with my MS Account. Now I want to use the computer but NOT have it linked to my MS Account. If I remove the computer from my MS Account, will I have to set up a new Administrator user before I can use the computer?...
  9. Remove Device from MS account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove Device from MS account: Disregard/Delete this post - pilot error. 117484
  10. Remove Device from MS account

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove Device from MS account: I'd like to remove the 2 devices shown below from my MS account. According to Brink's tutorial, click on More Actions and get the Remove PC option. In my account the More Actions isn't "clickable". Any other options? ALSO - how do I delete the device from My Computers?...