Windows 10: Remove deleted account

Discus and support Remove deleted account in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I deleted a business account permanently and Windows 10 does not give me an option to remove the old account from my PC and will not allow me to make... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by ShannonMannin, Dec 8, 2020.

1. Remove deleted account

I deleted a business account permanently and Windows 10 does not give me an option to remove the old account from my PC and will not allow me to make changes because it is needing a password then gives the error that the account does not exist obviously. The option to delete from account settings is NOT available, it only gives me an option to "manage". HELP!!

It is not under "Access work or school".

I cannot access the hidden administrative account through CMA it says "access denied".

No accounts show up under Computer Management either.

:)

ShannonMannin, Dec 8, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Dec 8, 2020
  3. Deleted account keeps reappearing

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Is it still appearing no matter how you try to delete? I suggest you to follow the steps below to remove user account from your computer, and check if it helps. Try the ones you’re comfortable with.

Step 1: Steps to Remove a User Account in Settings

• Press Windows
      key, click on Settings.

• Click on Account, click on
      Family and other users.

• Select the user you want to delete under
      Other users and click on Remove.

• Accept the UAC (User Account Control) prompt.

• Select Delete account and data if you wish to delete account and the data and follow onscreen instructions.

Step 2: Steps to Delete a User Account in Command Prompt

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, select
      Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type net user and hit Enter
      to list the user accounts on your device.

• Type net user "User account”
      /delete and hit Enter to delete the user account.

Step 3: Steps to Delete a User Account in Run command.

• Press Windows + R and type netplwiz, press
      Enter.

• Select the User account, click on the
      Remove
      button.
    Regards.

SujataMoktan, Dec 8, 2020
  4. kenkickr Win User

Remove deleted account

Deleting User Accounts

If you can access the admin account through safe mode then all you have to do to remove the other account passwords is go into User Accounts in the control panel and either delete the accounts or, I'm not sure, remove the account passwords.

kenkickr, Dec 8, 2020
Thema:

Remove deleted account

1. Remove deleted account - Similar Threads - Remove deleted account

2. Remove One Drive-Personal and Delete Account

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove One Drive-Personal and Delete Account: Mistakenly created a One-Drive Personal Account with gmail identity. Need to delete both from my computer. There is nothing in the account and I do not know the password....
  3. Removing Work or School Account Deletes Data or Not?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Removing Work or School Account Deletes Data or Not?: I Have a PC which is logged in with a Microsoft account, but now i want to remove that account from work or school and add it to a domain.Will this affect the data on that System? All the User data will be erased? How to retain all that data and still be able to connect to...
  4. Removing Work or School Account Deletes Data or Not?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Removing Work or School Account Deletes Data or Not?: I Have a PC which is logged in with a Microsoft account, but now i want to remove that account from work or school and add it to a domain.Will this affect the data on that System? All the User data will be erased? How to retain all that data and still be able to connect to...
  5. Removing Work or School Account Deletes Data or Not?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Remove Microsoft Account from PC without deleting Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remove Microsoft Account from PC without deleting Account: Heya,Today I accidently logged my Microsoft account to my PC. It's the account my Minecraft account is connected to. Now I have to remove the Microsoft account again, but I'm worried that if I delete it I might lose my Minecraft account.Is there any way to remove a Microsoft...
  7. Remove Microsoft Account from PC without deleting Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove Microsoft Account from PC without deleting Account: Heya,Today I accidently logged my Microsoft account to my PC. It's the account my Minecraft account is connected to. Now I have to remove the Microsoft account again, but I'm worried that if I delete it I might lose my Minecraft account.Is there any way to remove a Microsoft...
  8. Need to delete/remove an account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Need to delete/remove an account: Disregard. Solved the issue. Sorry. I wanted to delete this. 181061
  9. Remove deleted mail account from Email & accounts

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove deleted mail account from Email & accounts: Hello, I wanted to remove my old school account from Email & accounts, but I can't do this because I need to login that mail before removing it from the list. The problem is that because I graduated that email account doesn't exist anymore therefor I can't login to remove...
  10. How to delete/remove Microsoft Accounts

in Windows 10 Support
    How to delete/remove Microsoft Accounts: Dear Users, I have a problem with Windows 10. I want to delete/remove several Microsoft Accounts. I have a few accounts which I no longer want, and one or two that I no longer use, but they keep on appear. Can someone help me delete the Account ID's so that they are not...