Windows 10: remove deleted user from start up window

Discus and support remove deleted user from start up window in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; As administrator, I deleted a local user account from my computer. However, the name still appears on the login screen first, asking for a password. I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by KtBetz, Oct 24, 2019.

1. KtBetz Win User

remove deleted user from start up window

As administrator, I deleted a local user account from my computer. However, the name still appears on the login screen first, asking for a password. I have to click on it, let it tell me the password is incorrect, before the screen shows all the accounts that I can still sign in with. How can I get rid of the name still popping up even though the account was deleted correctly? I have seen many others ask this question, but still have not found a solution which works for me.

:)

KtBetz, Oct 24, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Oct 24, 2019
  3. Removing a "hidden" user and user files

Thanks for your patience. I was able with "Net User" to remove the left over user. It no longer appears when I invoke Net User.

Now for the user's folder which remains behind. After performing the series of steps that you suggested, I attempted to delete this folder. The result again was an error message about permission
    remove deleted user from start up window 1579d3b5-d6d3-4481-ad8c-0dae5f689a1a.jpg

"Administrators" appears on the list in the list of advanced security.

RobertOBollinger, Oct 24, 2019
  4. remove deleted user from start up window

trying to remove user account

Hi Jack,

Deleting a user account in a Windows device can be done by an administrator. Before removing the user account, make sure that you are using an administrator account to avoid errors.

Follow these steps to remove a user account in your computer:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Click on User Accounts and then Select User Accounts.
    • Click on Manage User Accounts.
    • Choose the account that you want to delete.
    • Click on Delete the account.
    • Choose if you want to keep the files or delete the files in the user account that you'll be removing.
    • Click on Delete Account button to complete the process.

Let us know if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Oct 24, 2019
Thema:

remove deleted user from start up window

1. remove deleted user from start up window - Similar Threads - remove deleted user

2. How do I delete a user from start up sign in?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I delete a user from start up sign in?: When I startup my computer, there are two accounts with my name on them. One requires a password, which I don't know/remember and can't reset, the other is a pin code. When I go to settings and look under family/other accounts or us netplwiz, I only see one account. I want to...
  3. How do I delete a user from start up sign in?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I delete a user from start up sign in?: When I startup my computer, there are two accounts with my name on them. One requires a password, which I don't know/remember and can't reset, the other is a pin code. When I go to settings and look under family/other accounts or us netplwiz, I only see one account. I want to...
  4. How do I delete a user from start up sign in?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Cannot Remove Folder Of Deleted User

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Remove Folder Of Deleted User: Hello,I deleted an account on my laptop using the Control Panel but the user's folder under C://Users still remains. I was able to delete all the folder's contents with the exception of a few hidden files. A different error pops up every time I try to delete the entire folder...
  6. Remove an Entry from 'Start-up' list

in Windows 10 Support
    Remove an Entry from 'Start-up' list: Hello,A week or two ago I ran a portable program (not installed) if it suits me.After some tests I just deleted the folder with the files because it did not suit me.Recently I noticed it is in the 'start-up' list, tried to delete it - I was refused, so I selected to disable...
  7. How to remove User Account icon from Start Menu?

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    How to remove User Account icon from Start Menu?: Hi all, I temporarily added a hotmail account to my Windows 10 laptop in order to sync Edge favorites with my iPad. I then removed the account, but now in the Start menu I see the Hotmail user account icon (screenshot attached, see red arrow). How can I remove it? Thanks...
  8. How to remove User Name from Start Menu?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to remove User Name from Start Menu?: Hi guys, Can you tell me how can I remove this? [img] 65970
  9. Add or Remove User Program Groups from Start Menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove User Program Groups from Start Menu in Windows: How to: Add or Remove User Program Groups from Start Menu in Windows How to Add or Remove User Program Groups from Start Menu in Windows The Start Menu will show shortcuts of all programs (apps) listed in All Programs (Windows 7) and All Apps (Windows 10). The Start...
  10. Delete Previous Windows 10 from Boot Start Up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Delete Previous Windows 10 from Boot Start Up: Hi, I recently messed up a previous Win10 installation and had to use gparted (kept saying the drive was locked when I tried to use Recovery CD) to delete partition and start from scratch. Everything installed fine like before but now when I start up or restart laptop I get...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows still starting up as deleted user