Windows 10: Remove Desktop and Other Folders From File Explorer?

Discus and support Remove Desktop and Other Folders From File Explorer? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] I was wondering/can't figure out if I can hide the desktop library and other things from the file explorer. Is it possible? Thanks! 27568 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Karspankey, Oct 23, 2015.

1. Remove Desktop and Other Folders From File Explorer?

Remove Desktop and Other Folders From File Explorer? [​IMG]

I was wondering/can't figure out if I can hide the desktop library and other things from the file explorer. Is it possible? Thanks!

:)

Karspankey, Oct 23, 2015
  2. Argel Obm Win User

Remove Encrypt contents to secure data enable all the time Windows 10

When you encrypt a file by going to the file's properties, it will ask you if you want to encrypt the file only or if you want to encrypt the file and its parent folder. You may have chosen the latter that is why the files in your Desktop folder are encrypted.
    You mentioned on your original post that you know how to remove the encryption on a single file. We suggest you do the same steps on your Desktop folder to remove the encryption of your other files inside the Desktop folder.

We'll be waiting for the result.

Argel Obm, Oct 23, 2015
  3. Windows 10 in the File Explorer has an USB listed twice, how do I unlist?

Right-click an empty ares in the nav pane, and uncheck "Show all folders". This gets rid of Desktop namespace (the one at the top of This PC).

To remove the duplicate removable drive-letters, check out post here by BMTRipp:

duplicate usb drives in windows 10 file explorer

which suggests renaming the key "{F5FB2C77-0E2F-4A16-A381-3E560C68BC83}" in these two keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\DelegateFolders

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Desktop\NameSpace\DelegateFolders

To remove OneDrive, HomeGroup and Quick access, check out the edits at
    Remove Quick access and Other Shell Folders from File Explorer?

Ramesh Srinivasan, Oct 23, 2015
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Remove Desktop and Other Folders From File Explorer?

Brink, Oct 23, 2015
  5. Thanks for the welcome and help! I figured it'd be that easy, but I guess I right clicked everywhere but the empty space!

Karspankey, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Remove Desktop and Other Folders From File Explorer?

1. Remove Desktop and Other Folders From File Explorer? - Similar Threads - Remove Desktop Folders

2. How to remove 'Gallery' folder from File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove 'Gallery' folder from File Explorer?: I just don't want to use Gallery in Windows 11, so I run the below batch file, as administrator: RemoveGalleryFromNavigationPaneInFileExplorer.bat reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{e88865ea-0e1c-4e20-9aa6-edcd0212c87c} /f /v "System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree" /t...
  3. How to remove 'Gallery' folder from File Explorer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove 'Gallery' folder from File Explorer?: I just don't want to use Gallery in Windows 11, so I run the below batch file, as administrator: RemoveGalleryFromNavigationPaneInFileExplorer.bat reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Classes\CLSID\{e88865ea-0e1c-4e20-9aa6-edcd0212c87c} /f /v "System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree" /t...
  4. can't remove OneDrive Folder from my file explorer

can't remove OneDrive Folder from my file explorer: here's what i tried to remove this folder from this panel1: install one drive and then logout of my college account2: right click and Delete there's no delete option3: right click then copy the path, go to the path and create a folder with this name then delete it...
  5. Accidently removed onedrive folder from file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Accidently removed onedrive folder from file explorer: I removed it by the programs and features in control panel accidently. Is there a way to put it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidently-removed-onedrive-folder-from-file/88add16d-2742-427a-83c5-39404e77408b
  6. Accidently removed onedrive folder from file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Accidently removed onedrive folder from file explorer: I removed it by the programs and features in control panel accidently. Is there a way to put it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/accidently-removed-onedrive-folder-from-file/88add16d-2742-427a-83c5-39404e77408b
  7. Accidently removed onedrive folder from file explorer

8. RE: Removing HDD Icons from Desktop In File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    RE: Removing HDD Icons from Desktop In File Explorer: G'day Microsoft Community! This problem is bothering the heck out of me and I can not seem to find a solution. The image below, I hope, demostrates my issue and wondering how do I solve it? The problem is when loading File Explorer and I click on the Desktop icon/name in...
  9. Remove additional OneDrive folders from file explorer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Remove additional OneDrive folders from file explorer: I recently signed into OneDrive on my PC but now there are two OneDrive folders in a separate part of the file explorer menu. I am able to remove one labelled "OneDrive" through a regedit, but the other one is the actual account I have signed into, and despite being located...
  10. Remove "Folders" from Windows Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove "Folders" from Windows Explorer: How do I remove "Folders" from Windows Explorer? I use only "Devices and Drives." I see nothing in folder and search options that lets me remove "folders" from Windows Explorer. Is this customization possible? 26354