Windows 10: Remove desktop icon highlight?

Discus and support Remove desktop icon highlight? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello all Just setup a PC with my first version of Windows 10 this past weekend and have found that unlike in Win 7, I get this weird translucent... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by WBFAir, Sep 25, 2018.

1. WBFAir Win User

Remove desktop icon highlight?

Hello all

Just setup a PC with my first version of Windows 10 this past weekend and have found that unlike in Win 7, I get this weird translucent highlighted box around my desktop icons in both a light version if I just hover over it with the mouse curser that goes away if I move off of it, and then a even brighter one if I single click on it that stays till I do that again to another one.

Am really hoping this is something I can get rid of as I don't particularly care for it.

Have included a pic to help.

Thanks for any help.

:)

WBFAir, Sep 25, 2018
  2. Mussels Win User

Removing desktop icons

the icons are located in 'all users' folder somewhere (for example, i see a few shared icons in "C:\Users\Public\Desktop" )

The only way to fix those, is to remove the icons from there, and place them on to each users desktops manually. an admin may need to do this.

Mussels, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Remove Linux Desktop Icons

I am not sure whether this will work (Ubuntu does not have icons like that on the desktop by default), but I suggest opening the trash bin and sweeping the icons into the window showing the trash bin.

Peter1986C, Sep 25, 2018
  4. Error 404 Win User

Removing desktop icons

I want to remove some Icons from my desktop, but Vista asks for Admin permission to continue (I'm not an admin *Frown Remove desktop icon highlight? :( ).
    It seems that whenever I delete one of these icons from my desktop, it is also removed from all the other user accounts. For example, I deleted the Skype icon from my desktop, and it was then removed from everyone elses as well.
    How can I delete icons from my desktop only, without affecting anyone elses?

Error 404, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove desktop icon highlight? - Similar Threads - Remove desktop icon

2. Desktop icon highlight lagging

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icon highlight lagging: So sometimes the desktop icon highlight starts lagging and skips some icons. This usually doesn't happen on all icons only some. Does anyone know a fix to this. Demonstration: https://youtu.be/k7360PkNnu4...
  3. Desktop icon highlight lagging

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icon highlight lagging: So sometimes the desktop icon highlight starts lagging and skips some icons. This usually doesn't happen on all icons only some. Does anyone know a fix to this. Demonstration: https://youtu.be/k7360PkNnu4...
  4. How to remove highlight over icons on Home Page Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove highlight over icons on Home Page Desktop: When you hover over any icon not selecting it or clicking on it, it will highlight it like this:What I'm trying to get is no such highlight to appear. I have a lot of icons for different files I use for work and I can see my mouse but this moving hover is not helping and is...
  5. How to remove highlight over icons on Home Page Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove highlight over icons on Home Page Desktop: When you hover over any icon not selecting it or clicking on it, it will highlight it like this:What I'm trying to get is no such highlight to appear. I have a lot of icons for different files I use for work and I can see my mouse but this moving hover is not helping and is...
  6. Highlighted search icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Highlighted search icons: Hi! So you know how Microsoft added Highlighted Search to Windows 10 right?Welp, the icon that they are using is so nice, but I couldn't find a place where it is stored . Do you know where it is? Let me know!Thanks in advance!...
  7. Highlighted search icons

in Cortana
    Highlighted search icons: Hi! So you know how Microsoft added Highlighted Search to Windows 10 right?Welp, the icon that they are using is so nice, but I couldn't find a place where it is stored . Do you know where it is? Let me know!Thanks in advance!...
  8. Can Desktop icon highlights be maintained?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can Desktop icon highlights be maintained?: Not sure how best to ask this really, but here's the cryptic question in more detail. I'm running Win10 Pro, 20H2. With my previous version of Windows (Vista), double-clicking a Desktop icon would open that file, program or whatever, but when the file was closed the Desktop...
  9. Desktop Highlighter

in Windows 10 Customization
    Desktop Highlighter: My mouse highlighter in Windows desktop has changed to little white dots when it should've been light blue by default. I've changed it in Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Colors but it didn't work. How do I solve it?...
  10. Taskbar Icons not Highlighted?

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar Icons not Highlighted?: Hi just a quick question and wondered if anyone else has this? My Taskbar Icons don't highlight when in use, I'm used to seeing them highlighted in W7 and miss that as I often close W10 with something open in the background, like notepad or something.. Is there a way to...