Windows 10: Remove Device from MS account

Discus and support Remove Device from MS account in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'd like to remove the 2 devices shown below from my MS account. According to Brink's tutorial, click on More Actions and get the Remove PC option. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 24c, Sep 7, 2018.

1. 24C
    24c Win User

Remove Device from MS account

I'd like to remove the 2 devices shown below from my MS account. According to Brink's tutorial, click on More Actions
    and get the Remove PC option. In my account the More Actions isn't "clickable". Any other options?

ALSO - how do I delete the device from My Computers?

Remove Device from MS account [​IMG]

Remove Device from MS account [​IMG]

:)

2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Unable to delete PC from MS Account devices

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you trying to remove your device, by logging in to your account through browser?

• Is the issue persist to specific device?

I would suggest you to try logging in to your Microsoft account using other browser and try removing the device.

Follow the below steps.

• Go the Sign in to your Microsoft account site, and sign in to your Microsoft account.

• Click/tap on the Manage advanced security link under Security & Privacy.

• Scroll down towards the bottom of the page to the Trusted devices section, and click/tap on the Remove all the trusted devices associated with my account link.

• Click/tap on Remove all trusted devices to confirm.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 7, 2018
  4. cereberus Win User

Odd change in MS account list of devices

I was just checking my list of devices in my MS account, and I noticed two od things.

1) My Hyper-V virtual machines are just listed generically as "virtual machines" whereas they always used to be listed as "Hyper-V virtual machines". I liked it that way so I could tell Hyper-V machines separately from VMWARE VMS.

2) One of my VMs is now still listed in my MS account, even though I changed it to a local account. Previously device was always removed if you changed from MSA to local account. This is a good move assuming it is a change, not a glitch as this means the digital licence link will be retained if you changed to a local account for any reason.

cereberus, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove Device from MS account - Similar Threads - Remove Device account

2. Work account removal from MS Apps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Work account removal from MS Apps: I had a work account signed into my Microsoft Office online software & onedrive. I am no longer employed there and I can't figure out how to remove that account from my Word and Excel apps. Please help...
  3. Account removal from a device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Account removal from a device: Hi everyone, I set up Windows 10 on a my mums laptop and since she didnt have an email address, I used mine. So basically the user 'Mum' on he PC is linked to my account, so she gets pop-ups whenever I receive an email and the favorites on her internet explorer are my...
  4. Account removal from a device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Account removal from a device: Hi everyone, I set up Windows 10 on a my mums laptop and since she didnt have an email address, I used mine. So basically the user 'Mum' on he PC is linked to my account, so she gets pop-ups whenever I receive an email and the favorites on her internet explorer are my...
  5. Account removal from a device

in User Accounts and Family Safety
  6. Remove Device from account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Device from account: Hello everyone. I’m a bit confused. So my computer that broke down on me that has a M2 SSD and I have to send it in for a replacement pc. And I have no way to erase the computer as the motherboard died and I have no other computer with a M2 SSD. In fact I have no new...
  7. Can't Remove Laptop From MS Account....

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Remove Laptop From MS Account....: So I had a Windows 10 VM and it was not able to start and I couldn't fix it so deleted the VM and created it again since my MS account was on the and it would sync everything. But the old VM device is linked under my Microsoft account and I want to remove it cause I can't...
  8. No option to remove device from MS account

No option to remove device from MS account: I can't remove an old device in my MS account - it doesn't give the option to remove - only "Get support" and "Get apps" per below. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/no-option-to-remove-device-from-ms-account/a088ba31-e0ed-4802-a5e6-c3e57aa34f8a
  9. Removing PC from MS account

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Removing PC from MS account: I got a new computer and when I set it up Iinked it with my MS Account. Now I want to use the computer but NOT have it linked to my MS Account. If I remove the computer from my MS Account, will I have to set up a new Administrator user before I can use the computer?...
  10. Remove Device from MS account

Remove Device from MS account: Disregard/Delete this post - pilot error. 117484