Windows 10: Remove Device from MS account

Discus and support Remove Device from MS account in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'd like to remove the 2 devices shown below from my MS account. According to Brink's tutorial, click on More Actions and get the Remove PC option. In... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by 24c, Sep 7, 2018.

1. 24C
    24c Win User

Remove Device from MS account

I'd like to remove the 2 devices shown below from my MS account. According to Brink's tutorial, click on More Actions
    and get the Remove PC option. In my account the More Actions isn't "clickable". Any other options?

ALSO - how do I delete the device from My Computers?

Remove Device from MS account [​IMG]

Remove Device from MS account [​IMG]

:)

2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Sep 7, 2018
  3. Santosh_Rai Win User
    Unable to delete PC from MS Account devices

Hi,

Thanks for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

To assist you better, please provide few details.

• Are you trying to remove your device, by logging in to your account through browser?

• Is the issue persist to specific device?

I would suggest you to try logging in to your Microsoft account using other browser and try removing the device.

Follow the below steps.

• Go the Sign in to your Microsoft account site, and sign in to your Microsoft account.

• Click/tap on the Manage advanced security link under Security & Privacy.

• Scroll down towards the bottom of the page to the Trusted devices section, and click/tap on the Remove all the trusted devices associated with my account link.

• Click/tap on Remove all trusted devices to confirm.

Hope it helps, reply to us with the status of your issue. We will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Sep 7, 2018
  4. cereberus Win User

Odd change in MS account list of devices

I was just checking my list of devices in my MS account, and I noticed two od things.

1) My Hyper-V virtual machines are just listed generically as "virtual machines" whereas they always used to be listed as "Hyper-V virtual machines". I liked it that way so I could tell Hyper-V machines separately from VMWARE VMS.

2) One of my VMs is now still listed in my MS account, even though I changed it to a local account. Previously device was always removed if you changed from MSA to local account. This is a good move assuming it is a change, not a glitch as this means the digital licence link will be retained if you changed to a local account for any reason.

cereberus, Sep 7, 2018
Thema:

1. Remove Device from MS account - Similar Threads - Remove Device account

2. Remove Device from MS account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Remove Device from MS account: Disregard/Delete this post - pilot error. 117484
  3. Adding devices to my MS Account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Adding devices to my MS Account: I subscribed to Office on one pc; how can I add another pc on the same account? The only selection is add a Local Account, which was denied....
  4. Cannot remove deleted Microsoft account from list of accounts on device

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove deleted Microsoft account from list of accounts on device: Hello, everyone! I recently changed schools, and my old school Office 365 account was removed from their systems. As a result, I am no longer able to sign in to the account. I want to remove the account from my computer's settings, and to do so, I have gone to Settings >...
  5. Odd change in MS account list of devices

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Odd change in MS account list of devices: I was just checking my list of devices in my MS account, and I noticed two od things. 1) My Hyper-V virtual machines are just listed generically as "virtual machines" whereas they always used to be listed as "Hyper-V virtual machines". I liked it that way so I could tell...
  6. MS account removal process terminated and now can add an MS account to

MS account removal process terminated and now can add an MS account to: Odd thing happened to me yesterday. Windows 10 Home. Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.187) I have had both a local and an MS account configured on my pc. And both have worked for some time. Yesterday, I decided to remove my MS account from my pc and just retain the local...
  7. Reverse set up - Remove MS Account

Reverse set up - Remove MS Account: When I updated to Win 10 (from Win 7) I used my Microsoft account when setting up Windows 10. I now realise I do not want this. Can I reverse that action? 20904
  8. Can I remove but not delete MS email account from user account?

Can I remove but not delete MS email account from user account?: Hello. I've been using Windows 10 for weeks. Until today, it started up just fine by displaying my name and no email address. This is exactly how I want it to be. Today when Win 10 would not recognize a printer, in order to download an "app" to help with this, I was...
  9. Devices list under MS account

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices list under MS account: Hello I have a desktop PC plus an XBOX one. Both signed into my MS account. Until today (well that's when I first noticed) both the PC and the XBOX one are listed under 'My Devices' when I login to the account.microsoft.com However now the XBOX one listing is missing....
  10. W10 connections FROM and TO Ms accounts (Mix of LOCAL and MS accounts)

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    W10 connections FROM and TO Ms accounts (Mix of LOCAL and MS accounts): Hi there Using SIMPLE / standard File sharing connections and all computers in the LAN on the same network name e.g WORKGROUP. confusion seems rife over what user names to use when connecting to SHARES TO or FROM a machine logged on with an MS account from a machine...