Windows 10: Remove Device

Discus and support Remove Device in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I need to permanently remove a device that is attached to my account. It is too PC of a former employer. I have removed it several times, but it keep... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by AndrettiDaniel1, Mar 6, 2020.

1. Remove Device

I need to permanently remove a device that is attached to my account. It is too PC of a former employer. I have removed it several times, but it keep showing up again. How do I do this?

:)

AndrettiDaniel1, Mar 6, 2020

2. Remove Devices

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing issues while removing the device from your Microsoft account as it keeps popping back after removing.

It could be possible that the device was using OneDrive with the same Microsoft account and that might be the reason you are able to see the device listed under your profile. I would suggest you to remove the device from OneDrive
    and see if that helps.

You can follow the steps to remove the device from OneDrive.

1. Login to
      https://onedrive.live.com
    2. Now on the left hand pane click on PC’s.
    3. Now click on the devices that are listed under PC’s and on the right hand side click on
      Remove PC.

If the issue persists, please get back to us with the results of the troubleshooting steps to assist you further.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, Mar 6, 2020
  3. Vesao Win User
    Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Mar 6, 2020
  4. Remove Device

How to permanently remove laptop device from my Microsoft account

At this location https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026440/microsoft-account-manage-your-devices I found these instructions:

If you don't use a device but it still appears in your devices list, here's how to remove it:

• Go to account.microsoft.com/devices, sign in, and find the device you want to remove.
    • Select Show details to see info for that device.
    • Under your device's name, select More actions > Remove.
    • Review your device details, select the check box, I'm ready to remove this device, then select Remove.

I successfully completed Steps 1 and 2 but could not find Step 3 -
    Under your device's name, select More actions > Remove

So it seems that these instructions no longer apply.

I want to remove this laptop from my account because I no longer have it.

Suggestions appreciated.

Thanks

Frank.White, Mar 6, 2020
Thema:

Remove Device

1. Remove Device - Similar Threads - Remove Device

2. How can I remove the PIN from my Windows 11 device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I remove the PIN from my Windows 11 device?: Hi,I know the password for my W11 laptop, but I let my mother use it last night and she set a new PIN, then forgot what she set it to. Now I can't log in!The login screen doesn't ask me to use my password,only my unknown PIN. How can I reset or remove the PIN? I can log into...
  3. How can I remove the PIN from my Windows 11 device?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I remove the PIN from my Windows 11 device?: Hi,I know the password for my W11 laptop, but I let my mother use it last night and she set a new PIN, then forgot what she set it to. Now I can't log in!The login screen doesn't ask me to use my password,only my unknown PIN. How can I reset or remove the PIN? I can log into...
  4. Family Safety - Child's device doesn't appear, not authorized to remove them from family group

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Family Safety - Child's device doesn't appear, not authorized to remove them from family group: I have been using Family Safety for some time but recently reinstalled Windows 11 on my son's PC. This PC was previously detected by Family Safety, time limits functioned correctly, etc., but after the Windows reinstall, the device no longer showed up and I could no longer...
  5. Family Safety - Child's device doesn't appear, not authorized to remove them from family group

Family Safety - Child's device doesn't appear, not authorized to remove them from family group: I have been using Family Safety for some time but recently reinstalled Windows 11 on my son's PC. This PC was previously detected by Family Safety, time limits functioned correctly, etc., but after the Windows reinstall, the device no longer showed up and I could no longer...
  6. How to remove old devices Family Safety application

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove old devices Family Safety application: Hello dear community. I have one PC with Windows 11. There are 2 Microsoft accounts. First admin account my account. Second standard account my child. I use parental control with Family Safety application.I reinstalled the OS and now in the Family Safty application I see that...
  7. How to remove old devices Family Safety application

How to remove old devices Family Safety application: Hello dear community. I have one PC with Windows 11. There are 2 Microsoft accounts. First admin account my account. Second standard account my child. I use parental control with Family Safety application.I reinstalled the OS and now in the Family Safty application I see that...
  8. How to remove my microsoft account on another device?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove my microsoft account on another device?: I recently signed into a laptop, and when I was done doing my thing, I logged out but forgot to remove my account on the device. I had suddenly become the admin of that computer. How do I remove my account on the device on my device?...
  9. How to remove my microsoft account on another device?

How to remove my microsoft account on another device?: I recently signed into a laptop, and when I was done doing my thing, I logged out but forgot to remove my account on the device. I had suddenly become the admin of that computer. How do I remove my account on the device on my device?...
  10. How to remove my microsoft account on another device?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security