Windows 10: Remove/disable Unwanted Services like Edge

Discus and support Remove/disable Unwanted Services like Edge in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; First, Microsoft tried this with Internet Explorer. They "claimed" it was always meant to be part of the O.S. Anti-trust lawsuits said otherwise and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Drew The Geek, Aug 6, 2020.

1. Remove/disable Unwanted Services like Edge

First, Microsoft tried this with Internet Explorer. They "claimed" it was always meant to be part of the O.S. Anti-trust lawsuits said otherwise and required Microsoft to make it removable. Here we are again with Edge and I would like to have ZERO browser products made by Microsoft.

So, is there a way to remove both internet explorer and Edge from my system without using powershell or renaming folders. Is there an actual uninstall option to remove any unwanted Microsoft product cleanly from the system. There should be.

When I pay for, and install windows on my system. I would like, for once, to just have the core operating system and not all the extra **** that Microsoft thinks is needed. No Cortana, no XBox gaming ****, nothing but the core operating system. Sure, having those available to "turn on" later would be fine but it would be nice to not have all the extra **** that I don't need or want. I shouldn't have to "hack" windows to just remove something I don't want. I shouldn't have overhead for services I'm not using and I shouldn't have to contend with wasted space for programs I don't want or need.

Who else thinks Microsoft should stop bundling extra junk with windows and just give us the core Operating System and let us choose what 'extras" actually get installed. I don't need the following and at the very least these shouldn't just be "turned off" they should be able to be completely removed.

X-Box anything

Gaming anything by microsoft

Cortana

Any browser made by microsoft

I'm sure there are other annoyances and wasted space that people don't want or need and there's no reason for Microsoft to integrate those with windows unless they are trying to force us to use or have something we don't need or want. There also shouldn't bee the need to purchase third party programs with questionable backgrounds just to have these things removed.

:)

Drew The Geek, Aug 6, 2020

2. Remove/Disable Edge Browser

Please click following link to know the steps to Disable/Remove Edge Browser.

Remove Edge_Click Here

ĀnishAhmed, Aug 6, 2020
  3. Removing unwanted TSR programs like Cortana

Hello George,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Cortana cannot be removed from Windows 10. However, you can disable cortana by following the below provided steps:

• Type Cortana on your Start Screen Search Bar.
    • It should show you Cortana & Search Settings. Select it
    • The first toggle button will turn off Cortana.
    • Anytime you want to turn it on, follow the same steps
    Hope this information is helpful. Do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Harkanwar Singh, Aug 6, 2020
  4. Remove/disable Unwanted Services like Edge

Unwanted search bar on Microsoft Edge and Steam Browser

Hi Noah,

Thank you for posting in Community, we understand your concern and we will try our best to help you resolve the issue.

I would suggest that you clear the data of Edge and check if the issue persist. To do so follow the steps below:

• Navigate to the location:
    C:\Users\%username%\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.MicrosoftEdge_8wekyb3d8bbw

• Delete everything in this folder.
    • Restart Microsoft Edge and check.
    With respect to issue that you are facing with Steam I would suggest that you contact the developer as we do not support third part application.

Hope this information helps.

Vanessa Sohtun, Aug 6, 2020
Thema:

Remove/disable Unwanted Services like Edge

1. Remove/disable Unwanted Services like Edge - Similar Threads - Remove disable Unwanted

2. Edge Browser Quick Links - Cannot remove unwanted links

in Windows 10 Customization
    Edge Browser Quick Links - Cannot remove unwanted links: Good morning,On the Edge browser, there are quick link tiles at the bottom of the page quick links to favorite websites. I am able to edit, remove and new tiles. After removing the unwanted tiles, I restart the browser, and the default tiles are automatically added back....
  3. Unwanted edge install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unwanted edge install: How do I stop edge from being installed? Every so often there's a windows update that's actually edge browser. The unwanted and disguised download takes forever and stops any work that requires the internet from being performed. I then have to take the time to use Revo...
  4. Unwanted Edge message

in Browsers and Email
    Unwanted Edge message: Windows 10 v1909 I use Firefox as my default browser and most times when I visit some web sites I get the following message: [img] On another machine, my laptop, this does not happen. On the laptop I am not sure whether Edge is the out of the box version or the 'new'...
  5. How to disable Edge or permanently remove it.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable Edge or permanently remove it.: Hello. The new Edge was installed on my machine. I didn't ask for it. I don't want it. It even did put an icon on my taskbart. I consider that very obtrusive. MS has put some great effort to discourage this, which only fuels my desire to get rid of it. What's the best way...
  6. I am trying to disable unwanted services on windows 10 not just service updates

I am trying to disable unwanted services on windows 10 not just service updates: Can someone help me please? I am trying to disable unwanted services on windows 10not just service updates, I am unable to click on any buttongray buttons in the individual service propertiesevery single service. on a side note, My brother worked in the IT departmentsecurity...
  7. Removal of unwanted folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Removal of unwanted folders: Removal of unwanted folders One of my setups has recently fallen victim to some misbehaving software that had undesirable contents installed on the D drive which is used for personal data. "Apps and features" was able to remove these, but attempts to delete the folders left...
  8. Remove/Disable Edge Browser

in Cortana
    Remove/Disable Edge Browser: Please click following link to know the steps to Disable/Remove Edge Browser. Remove Edge_Click Here https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/removedisable-edge-browser/0200f164-fa1b-4c43-b359-044d85b00ede"
  9. Unwanted Speech Services

Unwanted Speech Services: When I "swipe down" using a touchpad on Windows 10, I often get a pop-up bar at the top of the screen that says, "To use dictation, go to settings and turn on speech services." I don't want this. I don't have a microphone enabled. Sometimes the service hangs up, and the...
  10. Tool to remove all unwanted tools and services.

Tool to remove all unwanted tools and services.: Hi people.. As we all know, the classical Windows XP has a tool.... XpLitePro ... to remove áll unwanted software and services you wish to have deleted. XpLite could both remove hidden programs/services which are not visible in configuration screen/ remove programs section...