Windows 10: Remove Drive Z: from File Explorer

Discus and support Remove Drive Z: from File Explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; How can I remove the Z drive from appearing in File Explorer? I can't access it "You don't currently have permission to this folder", which is fine as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by magicnumber#7, Mar 15, 2019.

1. Remove Drive Z: from File Explorer

How can I remove the Z drive from appearing in File Explorer?

I can't access it "You don't currently have permission to this folder", which is fine as its's EFI partition on Disk 0.

I have tried diskpart "select volume Z" then "remove letter=Z", which works at first, but then Zreappears after reboot.

I have tried CMD "mountvol Z: /d", but that does nothing?

It appeared After I tried to combine my 464.72 GB NTFS and 501 MB NTFS partitions using EAseUS.

Screen shots of File Explorer, Disk Manager and EaseUS showing the issues.

Many thanks

:)

magicnumber#7, Mar 15, 2019
  2. kr5811 Win User

Recover files on Z drive

Did you solve your problem? It looks like I have a similar one. I have an external drive that was somehow mapped to a Z drive in Windows 10. Problem is, I didn't realize what had happened, and took out the external drive, and now the drive is corrupt.
    Any suggestions on recovering what was in the Z drive would be helpful, as I can no longer see it now. Thanks!

kr5811, Mar 15, 2019
  3. I am unable to access the Local Drive Z. Please help.

Drive Z is not a malware it's a Microsoft hidden partition for booting the computer, for some reason it becomes visible at times. You can try rebooting your computer and see if it hides Drive Z again. If not, you can try the following steps
    below:

• Type CMD on start menu to open Command Prompt.
    • Type Diskpart and hit Enter.
    • Click Yes if you are prompted with UAC (User Account Control)
      dialog-box.
    • Type List Volume and hit Enter.
    • Select the drive that you want to hide, type Select Volume Z
      or Select Volume 8 (change 8 with the volume number of Drive Z)
    • Type Remove Letter Z.

Let us know how it goes.

Radney Dri, Mar 15, 2019
  4. Riel Alc Win User

Remove Drive Z: from File Explorer

How to disappear the Z partition in "This PC"

Hi Disal,

To delete the Z: drive partition, please follow the steps below:

• Press Windows Key + R. Type diskmgmt.msc, then hit
      Enter.
    • Right-click on the partition, then select Delete Volume to delete a partition.

Note: This option deletes every single file on the partition, please be careful when using it.

We also suggest running Microsoft Safety Scanner to scan and protect your computer from any viruses.

Update us with the result.

Riel Alc, Mar 15, 2019
Thema:

Remove Drive Z: from File Explorer

1. Remove Drive Z: from File Explorer - Similar Threads - Remove Drive File

2. Z drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Z drive: Trying to access my quick books program t thru the server computer. I can get it on the server computer but not my computer … it says You must have at least 512KB available on drive Z: in order to open the Quickbooks company.Can anyone assist?...
  3. Z drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Z drive: Trying to access my quick books program t thru the server computer. I can get it on the server computer but not my computer … it says You must have at least 512KB available on drive Z: in order to open the Quickbooks company.Can anyone assist?...
  4. Remove network location mapped to drive letter from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Remove network location mapped to drive letter from File Explorer: Unable to remove a network location, mapped to a drive letter, from File Explorer. Right click Disconnect gives Error "This network connection does not exist". Right click Properties shows "Disconnected Network Drive"....
  5. Can't remove One Drive folder from D Drive in File Explorer

Can't remove One Drive folder from D Drive in File Explorer: I have unlinked One Drive from my PC. I have uninstalled One Drive using add/remove programs. I have deleted File Registry HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{018D5C66-4533-4307-9B53-224DE2ED1FE6}AND deleted same for Wow6432Node The Onedrive folder is still appearing on my D Drive...
  6. Drive Z?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drive Z?: What is this drive Z and how do I get rid of it?[ATTACH][ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-z/df59a2d7-3838-48d5-b62c-b2ca2f64cb69
  7. Remove OneDrive from File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove OneDrive from File Explorer: I had to reinstall Windows 10 recently. While I was copying my files to C:\users\[MyName] I discovered that Microsoft pushed the OneDrive service and linked automatically, messing everything with the 5GB limit. I unlinked OneDrive and later uninstalled from Windows. The...
  8. Q-Z (21) in File Explorer

Q-Z (21) in File Explorer: My pictures folder (Windows 10 latest) always shows with something like this: Q-Z (21) of each group of folders. I cannot figure out how to get rid of them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/q-z-21-in-file-explorer/a234131d-3726-48c0-b710-cf82b2eeb8cf"
  9. Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove iCloud Photos from Devices and Drives View in File Explorer: I've customized the look of File Explorer (thanks to the tutorial). Now, how do I remove iCloud Photos from the Devices and Drives view in file Explorer? 56114
  10. Unknown drive appearing in File Explorer, "SYSTEM (Z:)"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unknown drive appearing in File Explorer, "SYSTEM (Z:)": Hi guys, using Windows 10 Home, 64 bit. Never before in my time of using Windows computers have I seen this before. Today, as I browsing through my files, I noticed in the left pane of the Windows Explorer window that another "hard drive" or, for all I know, "partition",...