Windows 10: Remove drivers installed by windows

Discus and support Remove drivers installed by windows in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hey, I'm trying to install windows on a VM, with a GPU passed through. I have done it multiple times before, but I'm encountering an issue : The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/not_gdr2005, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Remove drivers installed by windows

Hey, I'm trying to install windows on a VM, with a GPU passed through. I have done it multiple times before, but I'm encountering an issue : The drivers windows automatically installed for this AMD gpu makes the VM reboot multiple times. I suppose a BSOD happens that I cannot see, because of the lack of output during the short span. I've had a conflict with a OneDrive service before, that caused a similar issue After rebooting multiple times, it then goes onto the windows repair menu.

Since I'm relying on a third party driver to get the virtual drive recognised, I can't enter safe mode.

Upon restarting the VM with the default video acceleration, there was nowhere where I was able to remove the drivers. How am I supposed to achieve this? Thanks.

Important note : Everything worked fine until said drivers were installed automatically. While I was just about to begin installing the executable gotten from AMD. (I was about to use 20.4.2, which has proven to work in the past)

submitted by /u/not_gdr2005
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/not_gdr2005, Feb 28, 2021

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Feb 28, 2021
  4. Remove drivers installed by windows

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Remove drivers installed by windows

1. Remove drivers installed by windows - Similar Threads - Remove drivers installed

2. windows removed my Realtek audio drivers and installed M.khaled audio drivers causing no...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows removed my Realtek audio drivers and installed M.khaled audio drivers causing no...: I am using Windows 11 Home on my Alienware M17-r3 laptop I am sorry I couldn't upload any images to this question because it gives me the error 'file upload error' while trying to upload 1 .png image file of size 300KB so I don't know whySuddenly yesterday, I found my sound...
  3. 20H2 removed Intel drivers- unable to force install Intel driver

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    20H2 removed Intel drivers- unable to force install Intel driver: Optiplex 9020 i7-4790 Q87 chipset. Originally Windows 8 Pro but had been upgraded to Windows 10. I was running Win10 Pro 2004 and everything was working. My chipset, USB 3.0 drivers, and Sata driver were all Intel. I used Double Driver and backed up all my drivers. I then...
  4. Unable to install driver after removing

Unable to install driver after removing: When Windows Hello stopped working on my PC I decided to reinstall the driver. So I removed this driver but wasn’t able to install it again. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-install-driver-after-removing/06147c53-49ae-44d9-a4ef-2b304b2a87f7
  5. How to remove old installed driver permanently?

How to remove old installed driver permanently?: Hi, I have Bluetooth Toshiba RFBUS driver installed already which was from my old Bluetooth dongle. I purchased new USB Bluetooth because the old one is not working on Windows 10. This new USB has a different driver but the problem is whenever I plug this device the old...
  6. windows installed 3 drivers on flash drive how to remove

windows installed 3 drivers on flash drive how to remove: the drivers c:\windows\system32\DRIVERS\disk.sys C:\windows\system32\drivers\EhstorClass.sys C:\windows\system32\drivers\partmgr.sys...
  7. Remove a driver I installed in error?

Remove a driver I installed in error?: I had a slight brain fart earlier today and installed a driver (via the .inf file) for which I don't have the matching hardware. How do I get rid of it properly? As the device was never present (and can't be as I have no PCI-X slots) it doesn't show up in device manager ......
  8. Driver Removal

Driver Removal: How to remove drivers from devices that no longer exist https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/driver-removal/1fbb8fce-cc9b-4087-97c5-59870d67e790
  9. driver removal

in Windows 10 Gaming
    driver removal: I am trying to remove my video drivers so I can install new ones https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/games_windows_10/driver-removal/e89fcc5b-4d3f-4042-af57-7c86992c4caa
  10. Disable/remove automatic driver install via Windows Update

Disable/remove automatic driver install via Windows Update: Recently I was notified that a driver installation failed. I went and checked it out, and it was a driver for HD 4600 graphics. My old system ran an i7-4790K, and when I upgraded to X99 I did not reimage my SSD. Is there a way I can remove an update from Windows Update?...