Windows 10: Remove DRM Protect from Music Files ripped through Windows Media Player

Discus and support Remove DRM Protect from Music Files ripped through Windows Media Player in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello. I am a choreographer and spend lots of money in producing (copyrighted) music. I usually used to bring home studio music via CDs and rip them... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Pratham Shanbhag, Sep 14, 2019.

1. Remove DRM Protect from Music Files ripped through Windows Media Player

Hello.

I am a choreographer and spend lots of money in producing (copyrighted) music. I usually used to bring home studio music via CDs and rip them onto my computer using Windows Media Player. I transferred them all to an external hard disk then. Now, my older laptop is dead and my music is not playing on my newer computer. Did some research on the internet and found out DRM Protect was the culprit. Could anyone please help me removing the DRM? And why is such a feature turned on by default and not even told to the user?

Thank you.

:)

Pratham Shanbhag, Sep 14, 2019

2. Remove DRM Protect from Music Files ripped through Windows Media Player

Hello.

I am a choreographer and spend lots of money in producing (copyrighted) music. I usually used to bring home studio music via CDs and rip them onto my computer using Windows Media Player. I transferred them all to an external hard disk then. Now, my older
    laptop is dead and my music is not playing on my newer computer. Did some research on the internet and found out DRM Protect was the culprit. Could anyone please help me removing the DRM? And why is such a feature turned on by default and not even told to
    the user?

Thank you.

Pratham Shanbhag, Sep 25, 2019
  3. My media player can't rip all of my songs.

Hi,

To guide you in the right direction, I need more information from the computer by answering the following questions:

• Are you trying to rip from a CD?

• What exactly happens when you try to rip the CDs, do you get any error?

• What is the format of the files that you are trying to rip?

Your reply is very important for us to ensure a proper resolution.

Meanwhile, I suggest that you try the steps provided below and check.

This could be caused if the Media Player is library is referring to some of the locations that are not used on by the Media Player:

• Open Media Player and press the ‘Alt’ key on the keyboard to bring up the File menu.
    • Click on File, ‘Manage Libraries’ and select ‘Music’.
    • This will bring up a Window with Music library locations.
    • Remove all the locations (not used) except the default location where you have the music
      saved.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists
    please get back to us with the above information to assist you accordingly.

Syed Abdul Jabbar, Sep 25, 2019
  4. Remove DRM Protect from Music Files ripped through Windows Media Player

something Wrong with window media player, it does not ripping no music

Hi Joseph,

Provide us additional information to assist you better with this issue:

• Are you referring to the Windows Media Playback?
    • What exactly happens when you try to rip music?
    • Have you made any changes to the operating system prior to this issue?

Let us try the below troubleshooting steps and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter, if not yet deployed.

Windows Media Player DVD troubleshooter find and fix problems with playing DVDs in Windows Media Player.

Steps:

• Press Windows key, type troubleshooting
      and select it.
    • Click on View all in the left pane.
    • Click onWindows Media Player DVD and follow the onscreen instructions.

Step 2: I recommend you to install all the pending updates on your device and check if it helps.

Steps:

• Connect to the internet.
    • Press Windows key and type updates.
    • Click on Check for updates.
    • Under Windows Updates, click on Check for updates.
    • Try to install the updates being shown.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of ripping the DVD for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

Remove DRM Protect from Music Files ripped through Windows Media Player

1. Remove DRM Protect from Music Files ripped through Windows Media Player - Similar Threads - Remove DRM Protect

2. How to remove duplicate music from Media Player?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to remove duplicate music from Media Player?: I've a new PC; I put all My Music onto USB from my old PC & transferred it to Media Player MP in new PC which had MP on it. On new PC now, music is duplicated. I still have all My Music on old PC which I wish to retain....
  3. cant play DRM music on media player

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant play DRM music on media player: cant play drm on media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-drm-music-on-media-player/835f0448-712a-427b-a08c-855188da894c
  4. cant play DRM music on media player

cant play DRM music on media player: cant play drm on media player https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-play-drm-music-on-media-player/835f0448-712a-427b-a08c-855188da894c
  5. how to get music From hard drive to rip into media player??

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    how to get music From hard drive to rip into media player??: I have win 10, updated today [oct. 23, 2022].I have a number of songs saved on an external heard drive [actually serval hard drives].For some reason, these songs have NOT sync/installed into my library in media player.I have media player set to rip automatically [from CDs]...
  6. how to get music From hard drive to rip into media player??

in Windows 10 Gaming
    how to get music From hard drive to rip into media player??: I have win 10, updated today [oct. 23, 2022].I have a number of songs saved on an external heard drive [actually serval hard drives].For some reason, these songs have NOT sync/installed into my library in media player.I have media player set to rip automatically [from CDs]...
  7. how to get music From hard drive to rip into media player??

8. Windows Media Player ripping

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows Media Player ripping: I'm ripping old personal audio CDs to store in my plugin external drive. First, I have to almost beg Windows Media Player to recognize there's a CD inserted. Secondly, at the end of a rip it says it cannot locate media information on the web for the CD OF COURSE NOT, IT'S...
  9. media player will not rip

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    media player will not rip: Windows Media Player cannot rip one or more tracks from the CD. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/media-player-will-not-rip/718d6d9c-66d4-47ea-86c6-767282466c49
  10. Removing DRM from music

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Removing DRM from music: I have lots of music worth a lot and almost half of them have been "locked" due to DRM (or WMDRM) Protect applied by Windows Media Player. The older laptop, from which these files had been ripped is dead now. I tried using DIgital Rights Update Tool but it seems to not work....